Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
my dogs will maul you!
max don't scare me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #162
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
$4000? Don't waste it on a down payment. Time to get an all-around bike. Something used. Like a '98 or later ZX9. You can tour, race, commute, or canyon hop on it. Here on Craigslist, they give them away for around $3K. That's what I'd get.
I swear no matter how much money you had, you would never buy anything newer than 10 years old
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #163
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I swear no matter how much money you had, you would never buy anything newer than 10 years old
Not true. I like the 2001-04 Gixxer 1000, any year Busa, ZX9's up to 02, R1's up to 05, any year RC51, 2004-on CBR1000, etc. But I really don't care for many of the newer bikes with super-high HP and lack of low and mid-range grunt. And with the way the economy is going, I'm just being pragmatic about buying used.

Why do I like old bikes? My CBR1000 only made 108 HP when new, equal to most 600's. But I can do full throttle from a stop on my old CBR1000 without worry of flipping it (sorry Ebbs). That means from 0-60, I can beat all the new, short wheelbase bikes (2.75 seconds for the CBR according to Cycle magazine, 1991). Check out the magazines if you don't believe me. And I could probably do that with a full load of groceries and beer in my saddle bags and tank bag. That mine has a better seat, bigger fairing, bigger gas tank, and a centerstand is just icing on the cake. The tonnage may be a problem for some, but there's no tracks around here anymore, so it doesn't bother me.

As for the ZX9, it is a fast, quick, comfortable, good handling superbike. Ebbs could take it anywhere in the country, and stay up with any newer bikes. Plus, I like green. And if Ebbs still has a place in his heart for Kawasaki, all he would need is liability insurance, and he could keep the extra money for speeding tickets.

Around 1998 or so, all the liter bikes went to the same size as 600's, but the ZX9 was still full-size until the end. That's important for some (big) people. When Sport Rider compared the Busa against the ZX9 in 99, the ZX was a full second quicker than the Busa 60-80 (could have been 80-100), but anyway, that's some power for an engine that's almost 400cc's less. Yes, I do like the ZX9.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #164
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I loved my year Kawi... and the ZX9 was always something I looked at... but honestly... I'm no where near needing or wanting a 1000cc bike... I like the 600's... and I'm very interested in checking out the track.

eventually I'd like to have a bigger bike for the long trips... the busa has crossed my mind... but that's a LONG way away... I'm still young... and still have my flexability... and still of the mindset part of the adventure is doing it on something people think you can't....

shit half the fun was the reactions I'd get when I told them where I rode from and they'd say... ON THAT!? ... one of my brothers friends actually asked me if I hated my "taint"

in reality... my ZZR wasn't uncomfortable at all... I could have easily spent another 30 days doing the TWFix US tour. that is if $ and time allowed. oh... and if I wasn't a jackass and decide to be johnny squid in Indiana.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #165
Rider
Moto GP Star

Go ahead, get a GSXR 750... It's literally a 600 with the motor punched out 25% bigger.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #166
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Not true. I like the 2001-04 Gixxer 1000, any year Busa, ZX9's up to 02, R1's up to 05, any year RC51, 2004-on CBR1000, etc. But I really don't care for many of the newer bikes with super-high HP and lack of low and mid-range grunt. And with the way the economy is going, I'm just being pragmatic about buying used.

Why do I like old bikes? My CBR1000 only made 108 HP when new, equal to most 600's. But I can do full throttle from a stop on my old CBR1000 without worry of flipping it (sorry Ebbs). That means from 0-60, I can beat all the new, short wheelbase bikes (2.75 seconds for the CBR according to Cycle magazine, 1991). Check out the magazines if you don't believe me. And I could probably do that with a full load of groceries and beer in my saddle bags and tank bag. That mine has a better seat, bigger fairing, bigger gas tank, and a centerstand is just icing on the cake. The tonnage may be a problem for some, but there's no tracks around here anymore, so it doesn't bother me.

As for the ZX9, it is a fast, quick, comfortable, good handling superbike. Ebbs could take it anywhere in the country, and stay up with any newer bikes. Plus, I like green. And if Ebbs still has a place in his heart for Kawasaki, all he would need is liability insurance, and he could keep the extra money for speeding tickets.

Around 1998 or so, all the liter bikes went to the same size as 600's, but the ZX9 was still full-size until the end. That's important for some (big) people. When Sport Rider compared the Busa against the ZX9 in 99, the ZX was a full second quicker than the Busa 60-80 (could have been 80-100), but anyway, that's some power for an engine that's almost 400cc's less. Yes, I do like the ZX9.

I like your style.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #167
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Go ahead, get a GSXR 750... It's literally a 600 with the motor punched out 25% bigger.
and most 900s are literally punched out 750s prob goes to explain why my bike redlines at 12k. really curious what the rod ratio is. anyway mister ebbs i agree with no worries. a used zx9 would be an awesome addition and dont count em out too soon. bigger bikes are seriously easier to ride down low. no need to rape the throttle
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #168
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
$4000? Don't waste it on a down payment. Time to get an all-around bike. Something used. Like a '98 or later ZX9. You can tour, race, commute, or canyon hop on it. Here on Craigslist, they give them away for around $3K. That's what I'd get.
Why the hell would anybody want to get a 600lbs bike when there's bikes out there that weight 2/3rds that? Lemme rephrase...Why would any 20-something-year-older want to get a 600lbs bike when there's bikes out there that weight 2/3rds that and put out way more hp?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #169
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Why the hell would anybody want to get a 600lbs bike when there's bikes out there that weight 2/3rds that? Lemme rephrase...Why would any 20-something-year-older want to get a 600lbs bike when there's bikes out there that weight 2/3rds that and put out way more hp?
Cause not everyone is a track slut like you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #170
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Cause not everyone is a track slut like you...
Wrong, dumb answer. It's not about me. It's because they're like computers...they get outdated. Less appealing to the younger crowd. No Worries is just stuck in his old ways, just like I'll probably be 15-20 years from now. Hell, I'm getting that way already with music. I barely like anything new, especially hip-hop. All that shit is garbage now.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote