Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #161
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Why do you NEED it so bad? You all attack me because I think that it's bad without citing any reasons why it's so good beyond "you want it" and "it's not as bad as ______".
because it makes this the funniest shit i've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #162
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
and you are attaching some sort of necessity to using drugs/alcohol that I fail to see.
FREEDOM, motherfucker, look it up.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #163
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Maybe this (if it's even true ) is why you have such a strong and imho skewed opinion on the subject. You seem to think that anyone who just happens to enjoy a drink or a joint recreationally is an addict.

Sure if you 'need' it but like I said above...what if you just enjoy it ? If it was gone tomorrow and I never had another drink or anything else it wouldn't be a big deal at all but since it is...and I enjoy a drink now and then and do wish that pot was legal and would smoke it from time to time if it was doesn't mean I 'need' it. When I've done it in the past it was because I actually enjoyed it.

I am in agreement with you about using it in the work place...especially in the examples you gave above.

Maybe, oh and thanks! I was starting to think that I'm the only one that thinks people shouldn't get high at work...that is all that I originally said, you know. BTW if you NEED to get high at work, that's dependence my friends, pure and simple. As far as I'm concerned if you are willing to do something that is illegal, unhealthy, will get you fired from your job, etc, you must be addicted. Merely "enjoying" something doesn't justify the risks that they are taking to use it imho. I enjoy Skittles but I'd quit eating them tomorrow if they were illegal or could get me fired from my job. I do understand that the sugar isn't great for me though...not perfect, never said I was.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #164
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Now that you mention it, the sugar in skittles IS more harmful than Marijuana.

It's 50% Fructose, which is a TOXIN.

Ref:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM]

By your logic, the skittles should be illegal.

By my logic (freedom), you're free to ingest what you choose, since it's your body.

You show remarkable density for someone with a supposedly clear head. It's probably best you stay as sharp as you can, and avoid drugs
Old 07-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #165
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Because in a free society, one should be FREE TO DO TO THEIR OWN BODIES WHATEVER THE MOTHERFUCK THEY WISH. THAT'S CALLED FREEDOM.

I have only said people shouldn't use it when it's use can cause harm to others... Oh and if you think that you are free to do whatever you want even if it could harm me or mine... well, I guess I'll be free to do whatever I deem necessary to protect myself and my family. You shouldn't be "free" to operate a crane while high, or drive a car, or carry a gun, or supervise children, etc. I guess you think that everyone should be free to do whatever they want... cool, keep that crap over there, bro and it's all good.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #166
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Maybe, oh and thanks! I was starting to think that I'm the only one that thinks people shouldn't get high at work...that is all that I originally said, you know. BTW if you NEED to get high at work, that's dependence my friends, pure and simple. As far as I'm concerned if you are willing to do something that is illegal, unhealthy, will get you fired from your job, etc, you must be addicted. Merely "enjoying" something doesn't justify the risks that they are taking to use it imho. I enjoy Skittles but I'd quit eating them tomorrow if they were illegal or could get me fired from my job. I do understand that the sugar isn't great for me though...not perfect, never said I was.
take me as an example. i need to take painkillers before work because i have a degenerated disc in my spine. if i dont take them i am no good to anyone at my job and my coworkers or myself could get hurt. does this make me an addict?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #167
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have only said people shouldn't use it when it's use can cause harm to others... Oh and if you think that you are free to do whatever you want even if it could harm me or mine... well, I guess I'll be free to do whatever I deem necessary to protect myself and my family. You shouldn't be "free" to operate a crane while high, or drive a car, or carry a gun, or supervise children, etc. I guess you think that everyone should be free to do whatever they want... cool, keep that crap over there, bro and it's all good.
Your rights end where mine begin, and vice-versa.

If my impairment causes you harm, I'm at fault, but that's the case if it's fucking OTC allergy pills, or heroin.

Argument fail.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #168
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
FREEDOM, motherfucker, look it up.
Why is it in every argument, you start with the name calling? Can't you state your argument without profanity or name calling?

Your "freedom" does not include endangering me or the people that I care for. What about my freedom to drive my car without worrying about drunks and dopeheads on the road? What about my freedom to go to work without wondering if the guy operating the Pettibone is impaired? You can have all the "freedom" you wish as long as it doesn't affect me.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #169
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
take me as an example. i need to take painkillers before work because i have a degenerated disc in my spine. if i dont take them i am no good to anyone at my job and my coworkers or myself could get hurt. does this make me an addict?
Yes, tough it out. Pussy.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #170
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Why is it in every argument, you start with the name calling? Can't you state your argument without profanity or name calling?

Your "freedom" does not include endangering me or the people that I care for. What about my freedom to drive my car without worrying about drunks and dopeheads on the road? What about my freedom to go to work without wondering if the guy operating the Pettibone is impaired? You can have all the "freedom" you wish as long as it doesn't affect me.
I wish I had the freedom to go out without sharing the road with people that insist on talking on their phones. Fucking phone addicts. Goddamn cellheads.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote