Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #161
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
You're right, it is a moral issue. You're just on the wrong side of it....
Oh my...the forefront of human morality JC. LOL Nigga please.

Why don't we just have a check box option to take another 10% in addition to the current tax rate from your paycheck to go directly to a healthcare fund. I'm sure we'll get alot of takers. I can guarantee if this was proposed in Canada, their system would go broke within a month.

Quote:
...That's OK though. A lot of people have decided not to be contributing members of society. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last....
Yeah it's called illegal immigrants and the entitlement people all of which you wish to give free shit. What are these fuckers doing? I don't see community service being done, but the county check keeps comin in.

Quote:
...The pity, really, is that while you detest the idea of helping anyone besides your non-smoking, non-drinking, non-drug doing, "God I'm so fucking perfect, I can't believe there are actually other people on the planet, and some of them are fat", self, you are perfectly willing to pay more than the citizens of any other Western nation, for health care...
Yeah I guessed you missed his argument about the part that if give our government 1 dollar you will get 60 cents in return.

Quote:
...Here's what the point really is. You already pay for someone else's problems. It's called insurance. That's how it works. X amount of people with X amount of problems, = X amount of profit. It ain't magic. If everyone paid in what they took out, insurance would be, "that thing we had before all the insurance salesmen went broke".

Supply and demand is not a new concept.

JC
Here is how it is...insurance (car/home) is mandated to pay for YOUR neglegence for others possible losses. Healthcare is forced to pay for someone else.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 12-10-2009 at 12:40 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #162
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
How am I on the wrong side? You find it moral to take someone's money by force? If someone broke into your house to steal your TV to sell and buy some food so they can eat (or get healthcare), are you going to say "well they probably need it more than me"?

And with insurance I, yes I I I I I, say it as EYE have the option to pay for others or not. Same as those people have the option to pay for me. It is 100% voluntary unlike your government love fest of socialized medicine.

If you want to help people out, and if you are morally superior to me, then put your money where your mouth is and take your own fucking money and pay for the dumbass smoker's lung cancer treatment. I'll applaud you for your ACTION.
You know liberals are only generous with someone else's money! Get with the program!!!

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #163
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Can I be the humungus

Tom
That's Lord humungous.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #164
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
I wonder what we would live like with no Social programs forced on us at all? No Govt, no taxes, no hospitals, no roads or schools, or police or fire protection, no water, electric or sanitation or communications. Oh and no Doctors or medical since a lot of the education is paid for by govt grants and govt backed loans. Sounds like where I live, about 250 years ago. Though it probably would be more like the tribal areas of Afghanistan/Pakistan in reality. What a wonderful place to raise the kids in.
Like the private industry never made a school...a hospital...a road...a tv...or cable...security. I could go on....but Smittie already covered it. I personally think if we only kept the military, Federal policing AND monetary regulation we would be better off. Less government = better.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 12-10-2009 at 12:43 AM..
Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #165
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Haha. That's just retarded.

First off I'm not advocating anarchy. I believe in the role of government but a minimal role, especially on the federal level.

I also find it funny that you guys think so little of yourself that you need someone like Biden or Bush to take care of you.

Yeah, we're helpless without Big Brother.
....the Ownage is getting bad here...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #166
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
That's Lord humungous.
yes I like that better

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #167
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
If you want to help people out, and if you are morally superior to me, then put your money where your mouth is and take your own fucking money and pay for the dumbass smoker's lung cancer treatment. I'll applaud you for your ACTION.
I already am, and so are you. Why is that so hard to figure out?

People are going to get sick and injured no matter what. The more of them that have insurance, the better the costs should be.

It's simple economics. The bigger the pool, the more people can piss in it, before anybody notices the smell.

JC
Old 12-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #168
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The primary reason was insufficient insurance because the 52in plasma was apparently more important then adequate health insurance.

Should we declare vehicle body shop costs a large problem if I go out, drive w/o car insurance and smack up 3 cars I cannot afford to fix?
That's a mighty big assumption there.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...tcy_study.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
That's Lord humungous.
That Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Quote:

People are going to get sick and injured no matter what. The more of them that have insurance, the better the costs should be.

It's simple economics. The bigger the pool, the more people can piss in it, before anybody notices the smell.

JC
What so many opponents of universal health care fail to recognize is that those people are receiving treatment now, but pay NOTHING into the pool. By requiring payment, a large number of those people would be then be adding SOMETHING to that pool other than piss.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #169
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

JC
You are assuming that those who are currently uninsured will not change the frequency with which they use medical services once they have insurance. If, on average, they use medical services more because "It's free" their usage costs increase with insurance.

Alternatively if they do go to the doctor more, but it is for preventative care, or they seek treatment for the same sickness they would have had anyway but do so earlier, costs could go down.

It is difficult, if not impossible, to estimate what the true costs of doing this would be. Since the government has a fairly consistent track record of lowballing cost estimates I'm pretty comfortable in assuming that whatever cost numbers we are given will be low.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #170
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You are assuming that those who are currently uninsured will not change the frequency with which they use medical services once they have insurance. If, on average, they use medical services more because "It's free" their usage costs increase with insurance.

Alternatively if they do go to the doctor more, but it is for preventative care, or they seek treatment for the same sickness they would have had anyway but do so earlier, costs could go down.

It is difficult, if not impossible, to estimate what the true costs of doing this would be. Since the government has a fairly consistent track record of lowballing cost estimates I'm pretty comfortable in assuming that whatever cost numbers we are given will be low.
Two words: user fees.

Make it cost $10.00 or $20.00 every time that you walk in the door and it dissuades people from increasing their use of the "free" system. It's something that we're looking at up here, and is in keeping with your economic model.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote