Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #171
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
What so many opponents of universal health care fail to recognize is that those people are receiving treatment now, but pay NOTHING into the pool. By requiring payment, a large number of those people would be then be adding SOMETHING to that pool other than piss.
You are assuming that a large number of the currently uninsured will be paying a significant amount, or even anything, for their shiny new government insurance. I am not so sure.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #172
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Two words: user fees.

Make it cost $10.00 or $20.00 every time that you walk in the door and it dissuades people from increasing their use of the "free" system. It's something that we're looking at up here, and is in keeping with your economic model.
They are also known as Copays, something a few of your fellow Canadians were talking shit about earlier in the thread. Sure, it will change behavior. Will it bring the costs in line with that magical "break even" point where is program costs less than the current system? I don't know.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #173
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Oh my...the forefront of human morality JC. LOL Nigga please.
Show me the part in the "book" where I ever said "Fuck the poor and the sick". I realize concepts of compassion and empathy are foreign to you, but a tiny little bit of decency wouldn't kill you, would it?

Quote:
Why don't we just have a check box option to take another 10% in addition to the current tax rate from your paycheck to go directly to a healthcare fund. I'm sure we'll get alot of takers. I can guarantee if this was proposed in Canada, their system would go broke within a month.
Do I look like a fucking Canadian to you? Am I wearing a big furry hat made of beaver pelts? No motherfucker, I am not. I can guarantee you that I don't give a shit about Canada's health care system. No offense, moose lovers, but I'm more concerned with OUR health care system at the moment

Quote:
Yeah it's called illegal immigrants and the entitlement people all of which you wish to give free shit. What are these fuckers doing? I don't see community service being done, but the county check keeps comin in.
This is really getting to be a phobia with you. You need to move out of SoCal, homie. I don't want to give illegal anybody anything.

Quote:
Yeah I guessed you missed his argument about the part that if give our government 1 dollar you will get 60 cents in return.
How is that different from private industry? People sell insurance to make a profit, so you ain't gettin' all of your dollar back either way.

Quote:
Here is how it is...insurance (car/home) is mandated to pay for YOUR neglegence for others possible losses. Healthcare is forced to pay for someone else.
Why are you paying into any health care system then? You're not sick. Why don't you just wait until you get sick, and then pay as you go? Some fat smoker is using up your premium money as we speak. You better fucking get on that!

JC
Old 12-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #174
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
They are also known as Copays, something a few of your fellow Canadians were talking shit about earlier in the thread. Sure, it will change behavior. Will it bring the costs in line with that magical "break even" point where is program costs less than the current system? I don't know.
A co-pay applies to every little line item on the bill. A user fee is a single charge coming in the door. Co-pays can (and do) put people in the poor house.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #175
shmike
Follower

Quote:
A co-pay applies to every little line item on the bill. A user fee is a single charge coming in the door. Co-pays can (and do) put people in the poor house.
I think you are getting co-pay confused with co-insurance.

A co-pay is paid when you walk in the door of a Dr. Office or hospital (as a patient).

It is the equivalent of a user fee.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #176
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
shmike has already stated it, but co-pays (at least any I have had) are only when you walk in the door. I pay my $15 for a doctor's visit and all the tests, blood work, supplies, etc. are covered.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #177
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Do I look like a fucking Canadian to you? Am I wearing a big furry hat made of beaver pelts? No motherfucker, I am not. I can guarantee you that I don't give a shit about Canada's health care system. No offense, moose lovers, but I'm more concerned with OUR health care system at the moment
Isn't CA the most Canada like state? Fuck, even the abbreviation is the same.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #178
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I think you are getting co-pay confused with co-insurance.

A co-pay is paid when you walk in the door of a Dr. Office or hospital (as a patient).

It is the equivalent of a user fee.
Or have a letter written, or get a prescription.... No?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #179
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Or have a letter written, or get a prescription.... No?
I'm not sure what kind of letter you are talking about, but I have never had to pay anything additional for a referral if that is what you mean. If a doctor gives me samples of medication instead of a written prescription I have never had to pay additional for that. If I need to get a prescription filled at a pharmacy it is additional, but that isn't done at the doctor's office either. I also have prescription drug coverage so medication costs a max of $8 per prescription.

For things actually done at the doctor's office I pay my co-pay once and that covers me for anything they do during the visit.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #180
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Isn't CA the most Canada like state? Fuck, even the abbreviation is the same.
You can have it if you want it.

I'm done with it.

JC