Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #171
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Now that you mention it, the sugar in skittles IS more harmful than Marijuana.

It's 50% Fructose, which is a TOXIN.

Ref:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM]

By your logic, the skittles should be illegal.

By my logic (freedom), you're free to ingest what you choose, since it's your body.

You show remarkable density for someone with a supposedly clear head. It's probably best you stay as sharp as you can, and avoid drugs

Maybe it should, but I didn't see anything in there about someone eating some Skittles and swerving into oncoming traffic and killing a mother and her three daughters on their way home from dance practice. I keep saying, I don't care what you do to yourself. If it were up to me suicide would be legal. I said that I don't wish your habits to endanger me or the people that I care for. Why is that so wrong? How exactly is that impinging on your precious freedom? Does anyone else ever get the feeling that some of these guys ONLY smoke pot BECAUSE it is illegal to prove how edgy and rebellious they are?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #172
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

You mean like how selfish pricks talk on their phones while they drive and end up swerving into another lane and killing someone?
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #173
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
and you are attaching some sort of necessity to using drugs/alcohol that I fail to see. Oh and I don't think that I am more "noble" than any of you users but apparently, I am more capable of facing reality/life than you are.

Here you are, good luck.

http://www.alcoholscreening.org/Screening/Page04.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism
http://www.medicinenet.com/alcohol_a...sm/article.htm

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm
http://www.nida.nih.gov/pdf/ascp/vol4no1/marijuana.pdf
I'll deal with the necessity issue below.

As for the links, I don't see how posting more irrelevant information changes anything. About the only thing of relevance I saw was in the last link, which states:

"Some 9 percent of those who try marijuana develop dependence compared to, for example, 15 percent of people who try cocaine and 24 percent of those who try heroin."

This specifically agrees with my statement.

Quote:
Ah but WHY is it so important that smoking pot be made legal? That's where you are all losing me. You sound as if it is NECESSARY for you all to be able to smoke pot and that's my point. Why is it so necessary? Why not just stop using it all together? It's illegal, there are health risks-whether you want to admit it or not and it does inhibit your ability to function effectively to some extent. Why is it so incredibly impossible to contemplate discontinuing it's use? Why do you NEED it so bad? You all attack me because I think that it's bad without citing any reasons why it's so good beyond "you want it" and "it's not as bad as ______".
Legalizing pot, at least for me, has nothing to do with need. I have no interest in smoking it. The government can legalize it tomorrow and I will neither buy it or use it. What I don't like is the government deciding to deny something to people without a pretty damn good reason. With marijuana the government has failed to give me that reason. That being the case "I want it" is sufficient justification to make it legal.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #174
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
take me as an example. i need to take painkillers before work because i have a degenerated disc in my spine. if i dont take them i am no good to anyone at my job and my coworkers or myself could get hurt. does this make me an addict?
No it makes you a potential liability. If you were at home or at a job that didn't require you to operate heavy equipment, this wouldn't be an issue. I actually, don't know what you do for a living so I wouldn't know but if the pain killers you take make you incapable of performing your job without risk to others and you can't do the job without them, then you shouldn't be there. Real Talk. I don't know you or what the extent of your condition is but I would hope that your doctor proscribed a dosage that is small enough that you can complete your work without endangering yourself or anyone else. Anyway, so if your case is valid then everyone should be able to get high at work? What's your point?
Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #175
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
I have only said people shouldn't use it when it's use can cause harm to others... Oh and if you think that you are free to do whatever you want even if it could harm me or mine... well, I guess I'll be free to do whatever I deem necessary to protect myself and my family. You shouldn't be "free" to operate a crane while high, or drive a car, or carry a gun, or supervise children, etc. I guess you think that everyone should be free to do whatever they want... cool, keep that crap over there, bro and it's all good.
I think at this point you're just arguing to argue.. I don't think you're really listening to what people are saying. Where do you take what avatard said and figure out that it has ANYTHING to do with you?

To be perfectly clear, everyone who is for legalizing weed has the argument that the government or any other individual *should* not have the right to regulate what you do to yourself that does not directly affect anyone else's well being. If you want to shovel fast food down your throat you should be able to, but it will kill you a lot faster than ingesting weed or smoking it through a vaporizer. Should we make it illegal? What about all those people that eat it in moderation? Food can be addictive as well, should we just say fuck it and ban all of it?

Weed is not physically addictive so the addict argument is thrown out. I don't need it but sometimes it's nice to do on a recreational basis. The fact that we want it legal is because at any random time, swat teams can come breaking into your house looking for that 1/8 you have (been done many times before) and lives are ruined for something that is naturally occurring. Absolutely no reason for it.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #176
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
I think at this point you're just arguing to argue.. I don't think you're really listening to what people are saying. Where do you take what avatard said and figure out that it has ANYTHING to do with you?
That's the fun part dude. Why do you think we're still here. Its based on the Theory of Tigorium...

Once you get him wound up it only takes a couple of sentences to have him spewing paragraph after paragraph.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #177
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I'll deal with the necessity issue below.

As for the links, I don't see how posting more irrelevant information changes anything. About the only thing of relevance I saw was in the last link, which states:

"Some 9 percent of those who try marijuana develop dependence compared to, for example, 15 percent of people who try cocaine and 24 percent of those who try heroin."

This specifically agrees with my statement.

Legalizing pot, at least for me, has nothing to do with need. I have no interest in smoking it. The government can legalize it tomorrow and I will neither buy it or use it. What I don't like is the government deciding to deny something to people without a pretty damn good reason. With marijuana the government has failed to give me that reason. That being the case "I want it" is sufficient justification to make it legal.

But WE are the government, WE made pot illegal in the first place and WE have the power to make it legal anytime we want. Real Talk. Go out and make it legal then, be my guest. Heck, go make cocaine legal while you're at it, who cares? Seriously, show me where there's proof that cocaine is any more addictive than nicotine? Caffeine? Etc... You guys kill me, my initial argument is that I don't want people being high at work. Period. You will not change my mind or come up with any plausible justification that I will accept. Seriously.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #178
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
But WE are the government, WE made pot illegal in the first place and WE have the power to make it legal anytime we want.
No dude, not even close.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #179
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
That's the fun part dude. Why do you think we're still here. Its based on the Theory of Tigorium...

Once you get him wound up it only takes a couple of sentences to have him spewing paragraph after paragraph.
I thought the point of discussion was to express your viewpoint and consider others as well? Otherwise your just mouthing off and everyone else is just wasting their time talking to a wall.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #180
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post

To be perfectly clear, everyone who is for legalizing weed has the argument that the government or any other individual *should* not have the right to regulate what you do to yourself that does not directly affect anyone else's well being. If you want to shovel fast food down your throat you should be able to, but it will kill you a lot faster than ingesting weed or smoking it through a vaporizer. Should we make it illegal? What about all those people that eat it in moderation? Food can be addictive as well, should we just say fuck it and ban all of it?

Weed is not physically addictive so the addict argument is thrown out. I don't need it but sometimes it's nice to do on a recreational basis. The fact that we want it legal is because at any random time, swat teams can come breaking into your house looking for that 1/8 you have (been done many times before) and lives are ruined for something that is naturally occurring. Absolutely no reason for it.
My argument was against getting high at work... all the rest of this is smoke and mirrors...