Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I didn't mean to blame Bush specifically, more a commentary on the govt. in general.
I know.

I was actually about to make a joke about Bush and saw your post.

It is ironic:
All the anti-Bush-ers (and conspiracy theorists) constantly harped on how the Bush family and the royal family were in bed together. Here is a deal 3X's the size of the GW's and I bet we won't hear a peep from those folks.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post

Strange tho as the White House was instrumental in blocking South Korean sales of their Korean War era M1 rifle stock pile to private dealers in the US?!
Even stranger, I got $500 for a really beat-up M1 made by the most-common factory that built them.......In other words, about as rare as dirt or water. I don't understand the appeal of those pieces of shit.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

60 billion huh? Coincidence that Obama is proposing a 50 billion dollar stimulus package that "isn't gonna put us in any more debt."

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Like I said they arent going to hurt us with some old F15s and we need the dough. I dont see a problem. Maybe if he was selling them to North Korea, Iran, or Argentina...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Like I said they arent going to hurt us with some old F15s and we need the dough. I dont see a problem. Maybe if he was selling them to North Korea, Iran, or Argentina...
Those F-15's are definitely not old. They are getting a decent package.
Saudi's military doctrine is based on the premise of "Stall them until the United States rescues us"

We could sell them top of the line EVERYTHING, an aircraft carrier, F22's, German Leopard tanks...a fucking star destroyer and they would get there asses handed to them by Israel, Iran....hell even Italy could kick there ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
North Korea would put about 100hrs on the airframes then park them because they have no clue on how to maintain a western aircraft. They would never hit a target with them because of the stupid command structure there.
They would mandate that radar be turned off and replaced with photos of their glorious leader who will telepathicly guide them to their targets.

Iran would probably have fun with them. The F-15's would fit right in. They are all about flying flying 5 feet off the deck/ low level attacks (They allegedly have gotten pretty good at low level).Iranians don't focus on dominating airspace. They are not a military that is built for offensives. Their strategy is comeplety defensive. If you fuck with us we will disrupt and annoy...disrupt and annoy.

Argentina would use them for awesome parades flyovers. Thats about 70% of the flight time they would get.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #17
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I agree with all points Paul. Korea would have a hard time finding enough skill for a whole squadron, Iran like Iraq would lose all its front line fighters as they sit in their reventments, not wishing to commit them, even in the inappropriate low level support role.. Argentina's tourism bureau would love the fly overs, and your take on Saudi's tactics are spot on.

I do disagree about the F15s age tho, they are pretty potent for an 80s front line interceptor but the composite structure doesnt age well and is why we are phasing them out. We have had several break up mid flight and have grounded them several times.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Are our leaders more frightened of their own citizens than foreign powers?
I certainly hope so. That's how it should be.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Saudi is very important to our national interests strategy overseas in that part of the world, without them we would be stuck with just kuwait and manasas as friendly countries. Plus we need their oil or our economy shuts down
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #20
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
I agree with all points Paul. Korea would have a hard time finding enough skill for a whole squadron, Iran like Iraq would lose all its front line fighters as they sit in their reventments, not wishing to commit them, even in the inappropriate low level support role.. Argentina's tourism bureau would love the fly overs, and your take on Saudi's tactics are spot on.

I do disagree about the F15s age tho, they are pretty potent for an 80s front line interceptor but the composite structure doesnt age well and is why we are phasing them out. We have had several break up mid flight and have grounded them several times.
You are thinking of the A and C model F15.
The F15E and the model the Saudi's are getting are different animals.

Quote: