Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Sorry, but putting your finger on the trigger of ANY firearm as its being handed to you is a red flag that screams, "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW TO HANDLE A FIREARM."

It would all be irrelevant, however she has stated time and time again how much she loves hunting and CONSTANTLY reminds people that she's a hunter.

Again, that would be irrelevant if she weren't trying to lead the country. But it exposes her as a liar, and shows that this is all just an act for votes and/or power/money.
She hunts like I used to fish, when I was 3 years old.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Question

Quote:
it shows that this is all just an act for votes and/or power/money.
And, this is different from every other politician how?
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
And, this is different from every other politician how?
Its not, but when one of them gets super popular to the point of having her own reality show, then something like this can serve to help educate people that none of it is genuine or real.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Its not, but when one of them gets super popular to the point of having her own reality show, then something like this can serve to help educate people that none of it is genuine or real.
You mean that Vladimir Putin doesn't really wrestle Grizzly Bears?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You mean that Vladimir Putin doesn't really wrestle Grizzly Bears?
Or that Kim Jung Il isn't actually the greatest golfer in the world?

A lot of people that consider themselves good Americans look at the propaganda that goes on in other countries, which we consider to be lacking in essential freedoms, and kind of think to themselves, "Man, I'm sure glad to be in America where that stuff doesn't happen."

But of course its not true at all as our propaganda machine is every bit as strong as any other nation's. There are essential benefits to our Constitution, that do make America a kick-ass place to live, but if the majority doesn't start to realize that they're being bamboozled we're going to lose all the freedoms that are suppose to make America a cut above the rest.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Wink

Quote:
Its not, but when one of them gets super popular to the point of being elected president, then something like this can serve to help educate people that none of it is genuine or real.
Fixed it for ya
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
Fixed it for ya
But Palin is getting a different type of exposure that your average Presidential candidate gets. She's not just a politician but a pop-culture icon, and is worshiped accordingly.

But hey, these are the people that vote father/son teams into office so what do you expect?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Just wanted to add here: My 7 year old knows to NEVER touch the trigger of ANY firearm unless he is absolutely about to fire it. He's known since he was 6. You can hand him anything from a 1911 to a BMG .50cal and trust that it won't go off... That is rule #1 of guns, period. Don't touch the fucking trigger, ever, unless you're going to shoot.

I've got to see the video of this myself so I'll have to check it out to see if its being exaggerated...but that is not the type of mistake someone experienced with firearms would make.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I have to say that anytime a politician says "I'm a hunter myself" I generally take it to mean, "I've never really shot a gun but I want you gun owners to vote for me" "oh and if you do I won't try to put in more gun control.......unless of course someone with more money wants me to"

politicians get their job by telling you what you want to hear and then making a meager attempt at accomplishing a few of their promises.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
CasterTroy

Quote:
I've got to see the video of this myself so I'll have to check it out to see if its being exaggerated...but that is not the type of mistake someone experienced with firearms would make.
My son too knows the "rules" when we go to the range.

He does it all himself. He loads his magazines as well as his revolver (single action ruger single six) and he's done quite well.

I would call him an experienced gun handler.

My wife? My wife is a prissy little thing that has shot her .38 a few times. Each time I've taken her to the range I loaded it, and handed it to her. She KNOWS the trigger rule, but I find myself reminding her.

I unload her revolver and load the new rounds, and hand it back to her.

However......when she tells her friends she went to the range and shot HER .38 they all gasp and can't believe she's got her own gun and has shot it. Now to you and me she's NOT an experienced gun handler. But when she says she's shot her own .38 and did a good job hitting her target, well, her friends are certainly impressed. And they would think she could handle herself in an attack. She couldn't, and would more than likely shoot her foot, or something else if attacked (hence why I she doesn't CARRY and why there are various guns throughout the house instead of ON her) but to someone she tells about her range time. They would THINK she's impressive....until she then gives them her disclaimer (since she does NOT want to give a false impression)

The same would be true if I took my wife Hunting.

I would load the gun and perch it for her. All she's need to do was aim and shoot.

Guess what.....she's NOW a hunter. But again....she would offer a disclaimer, stating what all I had to do for her and deny being a "hunter"

The same is not true in the world of politics.

She is not a hunter.....just as John Edwards is not "a man of the people who understands their struggle" simply because he paid a visit to a soup kitchen once...so of COURSE that makes him sympathetic to the homeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
politicians get their job by telling you what you want to hear and then making a meager attempt at accomplishing a few of their promises.
EXACTLY

However, when I hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
"I'm a hunter myself"
I take it to mean "I've shot a gun at something before"

Because I don't believe that they want to be 100% full of shit. I think they actually DO want to have a grain of truth in their claim. If nothing else for a smidgen of accountability. Just not MUCH