Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
So now what...bike goes back to the original prick ? This is a screwed up situation.
its impounded now, not sure and don't care what happens with it now. told him not to ride it. especially without a helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Oh, and who called it in stolen?
no idea. tried to tell the cops what i know, but they didnt care, all they know is that the bike was reported stolen and he was on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Ok. If I read this correctly, the manager nor your friend had any right touching the bike. Only the owner of the structure, and only if the bike was "abandoned". If the bike was reported stolen that quickly, it probably belonged to someone who intentionally had the bike parked there. If my understanding is correct, your buddy is pretty damn stupid for taking the bike. You'll be lucky if you don't get dragged into it somehow. Good luck.
what i was told is the guy who rode it in had on full leathers, said ill be back in 10 mins and it has now been a year. the condition of the bike when i first saw it showed it has been sitting for some time, i figured the steering is locked, so whoever left it had the key.

I'm not too worried about the lien sale part...just the fact it came up stolen. the paper work processed by the lien sale company should have taken care of the contacting and notifying any parties of interest.

we called the dmv to ask about the vin and plate they said it was not coming up stolen and there is not a finance company on the registration. the only thing wrong was that it was 2 months past the renewal.

the company that came out to do the lien sale for him assessed the vehicle under 3000.00 and damaged. they are supposed to check the title and crap too.

maybe the owner got the notice and then reported it stolen so that he doesn't have to pay...who knows.

oh well, my record is clean. if anything, i might be charged as an accessory.

at least im not sitting in jail.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard

Last edited by m0n1; 04-26-2008 at 10:31 PM..
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:02 AM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

are you sure the guy that rode it didn't call it in as stolen? think about it... if he rode it there... and locked the stearing he had the key... USUALLY stolen bikes don't have keys... but there is that chance. good luck though
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
m0n1
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
are you sure the guy that rode it didn't call it in as stolen? think about it... if he rode it there... and locked the stearing he had the key... USUALLY stolen bikes don't have keys... but there is that chance. good luck though
yeah, i saw that the stearing was locked and thats y i agreed to it being in my garage.

thats what i'm thinking. he got the notice, and said fuck you , called the cops to report it stolen. if thats the case, hopefully the paperwork from the liensale people and the stuff they are supposed to send in to the dmv will show a date prior to the theft report...hopefully.

i got a text message from my neighbor, my friend is supposed to be released on bail soon.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #14
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

for 2500 storage and what it cost to replace key and other fees yall would accrue getting it really ready to ride you could have found a decent bike for 3,4 g's off of craiglist or ebay
Old 04-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
m0n1
Street Stunter

yeah, but all he has spent is about 300.00. the other 2500 is the storage fee charge to the original owner.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #16
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

ohh ok yeah that's a deal
Old 04-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #17
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Ok. If I read this correctly, the manager nor your friend had any right touching the bike. Only the owner of the structure, and only if the bike was "abandoned". If the bike was reported stolen that quickly, it probably belonged to someone who intentionally had the bike parked there. If my understanding is correct, your buddy is pretty damn stupid for taking the bike. You'll be lucky if you don't get dragged into it somehow. Good luck.
Sounds about right on all accounts.

Good luck with this one.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #18
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

i dont really understand this whole lien sale thing... so if I leave my bike in a parking lot for a long time somebody can just come in, take the thing and make me pay to get it back? and if i dont pay they keep the bike? what if i'm storing it over the winter or something?
or is it just if I haven't paid the parking fee?

either way sounds like too much risk/effort for a bike.

Last edited by Crazy; 04-28-2008 at 01:01 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

that's another good point. Where did the $2500 storage fee come from? Are they charging everybody by the length of time there car is there? Your buddies logic is pretty out of wack IMO
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

As far as I'm concerned, what you guys did is bike theft.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote