Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
miztress6
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Any of you guys use the counter flow chillers, I have my old immersion chiller I will prolly stick with. Since I iwll be geting/building a kegerator I may go straight to kegs since bottling is a major PITA.

Also you guys like the oxy clean better than b-brite since thats what i always used. And since I am at the hospital I have tons of betadine at my disposal
lol not sure the betadine is such a good option lol yuck...

Steve has a nice set up with a deep freeze that has a regulator to keep it at 38 degrees I want to say he has like 5 soda kegs in there along with the c02.

We havent done anything fancy yet until we decide how to build the bar out on the other side but he got some great tap handles for his bday and Dova etched our glasses

AMJ I agree with the bucket thing we use the clear plastic bottles. the only advantage to the bucket is the spout.

Unless you have rubber flooring in the brew room like we do the glass carboys can be catastrophic even with the snazzy handles and bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baneglasses.jpg (15.9 KB, 98 views)
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
miztress6
Street Stunter

ooo I almost forgot you need a bottle tree
http://morebeer.com/view_product/15677//Bottle_Tree

Lee now that I think about it you really need to see the alton brown vid. Their is a brew supply in atl somewhere that is featured. They have great supplies and yeast that is difficult to get shipped. It comes in test tubes on dry ice if you order

Last edited by miztress6; 10-11-2010 at 08:26 PM..
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #13
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztress6 View Post
lol not sure the betadine is such a good option lol yuck...

Steve has a nice set up with a deep freeze that has a regulator to keep it at 38 degrees I want to say he has like 5 soda kegs in there along with the c02.

We havent done anything fancy yet until we decide how to build the bar out on the other side but he got some great tap handles for his bday and Dova etched our glasses

AMJ I agree with the bucket thing we use the clear plastic bottles. the only advantage to the bucket is the spout.

Unless you have rubber flooring in the brew room like we do the glass carboys can be catastrophic even with the snazzy handles and bags.
you need to clean AND steralize sp? most of the equipment, those pesky bacteria are everywhere
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #14
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
The cider recipe brings up a good point. Lee, you need to make a beer, (or something) that your wife likes to drink. That way, you won't have to answer a lot of stupid questions when she comes home to find a pallet of grain sitting in your garage...

JC
Wife already knows about my interest in this and she will drink just about anything but dark beers. But for her sake, I was planning on a wheat ale or something similar as my virgin batch. Just to get her into it. What I'd really like to do is find a recipe that closely resembles Kalik Gold in taste and potency.

With Fall finally here, I'll be working on my basement again soon. I had to put an abrubt stop to it when the baby came along. I had just started framing along the poured concrete walls when last Winter was ending. I plan on devoting a section of my workshop to brewing. Will probably bring down one of the stainless steel bakers racks I have in the garage.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #15
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

I have watched that Alton Brown beer episode 20 times or more got it saved on my DVR.

I want to do my own beer but I know deep down I truely don't have the time for it right now.

too much going on in life right now. But feel free to send sample of your homebrew to me.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #16
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Dude- do yourself a favor and make some Apfelwein. As said before, 6 gallons of apple juice not from concentrate, 2 lbs of corn sugar, and a packet of Montrachet yeast. Put cheap vodka in the bubbler and sit in a dark corner for a month. Prime it with 5 oz. of sugar, bottle and sit it for 6 months minimum. Good shit man.

I use oxy clean myself but I also have a sterilize setting on my dishwasher. I use it to sterilize my bottles just before bottling. Plus 1 on the wort chiller. You'll also want to get a section of large tubing for one of the carboys in case you need a blow off.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #17
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
What I'd really like to do is find a recipe that closely resembles Kalik Gold in taste and potency.
This thread is SO 2008...

I googled a Kalik Gold clone recipe, and this is what came up;Lol

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/ar.../t-293588.html

Lagers are difficult to do well. You need a temperature controlled environment that has little, or no, variations. Lagers also need a lot of time to mature, so...fuck that, let's get drunk!

Try a Kolsch. It's a great session beer, and easy to make. If you can make Spaghetti, you can make beer.

PM me for my Kolsch recipe.

I ain't giving that shit way for free.

JC

Last edited by askmrjesus; 10-12-2010 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Why do I need a fucking reason?
askmrjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

cock
Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #19
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Here's my set up. I actually found this monstrosity at a grocery store-It's a typical Mexican family pot-for 50.

Wort chiller !!!

3 different stuffs. Apfelwein (I make some every other month)and a coupla others. I'm heavy into German and Belgium beers right now. Gonna buy stuff for an IPA shortly. You'll know you're there when you can throw a beer party and people show up.

VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #20
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
This thread is SO 2008...

I googled a Kalik Gold clone recipe, and this is what came up;Lol

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/ar.../t-293588.html

JC

Holy shit. Full circle. Things have finally settled down a bit for us - at least enough where I can find time to do this now. I'm glad you posted that up - I'll have to check that beersmith software out.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote