Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
"The Cork" wasn't there to prevent the darkness (the spirit of Jacob's unnamed brother) from getting off the island, that job was up to Jacob and the candidates.
Did you miss the episode where Jacob tells Richard about the cork and the wine? Jacob didn't keep his brother on the island, he was there to keep the cork room safe. His brother couldn't leave because of the island's power. Jacob was there to protect the island.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
no, worse

Jack became the new Jacob. Desmond pulled a stone cork out of the island. A light turned off. They killed the smoke monster with one bullet, but not before it stabbed Jack. The island started falling apart. Jack put the stone cork back in. Island stayed safe. Jack dies. Fat ass is the new Jacob. The sideways weird flash is them in purgatory and they all meet in a church after remembering each other and go into the light.
No
The sideways flash world was not pergoatory. Its a place they created for themselves (why all the Characters's LA-verse lives seemed so perfect) as they waited for everyone else to die in real life. Once all them died in real life they would all move on to the "afterlife" together.

Desmond was Dalai Lama
Hurley was Buddha

Great Series
Weak ass ending.

Its a tradition with all these successful writers. Get an ego trip and then they try and get "deep"

Soprano's
BSG
and now Lost.

So far the best ending to a recent series has been Six Feet under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Soprano's
BSG
and now Lost.

So far the best ending to a recent series has been Six Feet under.
Did anyone see Jimmy's alternate endings to lost after the finale?

One of them was a survivor ending, another was the ending to the sopranos, and another was a bob newhart show I didn't recognize but was probably famous.

The sopranos one was funny.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
No
The sideways flash world was not pergoatory. Its a place they created for themselves (why all the Characters's LA-verse lives seemed so perfect) as they waited for everyone else to die in real life. Once all them died in real life they would all move on to the "afterlife" together.
I disagree, there was no timeline tied to real life in the alternate "LA-verse", hence no waiting for everyone to die in real life. Jack was apparently the person they were waiting for before moving on. At the time of his death Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Miles, Rose, Bernard, Desmond, Hurley, and Ben were all still alive yet they were some of the people who were waiting for Jack. If the LA-verse was tied to any kind of time it was waiting for each person's soul to realize it was dead. In real life time it was sometime far in the future presuming one of Hurley's island watching powers was living a long time like Jacob did.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
goof2
AMA Supersport

If you haven't watched it yet don't read this cause I'm going to spoil it.

The "flashes" between people when they became aware of "the past" or whatever it was were pretty cool and definitely grabbed me. Pretty much everything else annoyed me. They explained the main gimmick for this season, which turned out to be pretty weak, and called it good. Practically everything else that happened over the last 7 years was just left hanging. Everything that would have happened afterward for the group who got off the island on the plane was left hanging as well. It was better than "The Sopranos" finale, but not by much.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

So the season opener with the Island underwater was just way to spend cash on special effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I really wanted to know about the egyptian things on the island, that shit always intrigued me. Like the temple and statue. Wish they would of went into more of that origin stuff. The jacob origin was seriously lacking.

They would of ruined it like they did the darma mystique though.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Anyway, back to Lost.

Anyway seen anything that might give us a little more info now that it's over?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

LOL, nice
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The reason they left so many plot holes unresolved was because the writers didn't know WTF they were doing anymore, they were just flipping coins to come up with stuff. That's what happens when you don't have it all planned before you start.

It should have only lasted 2-3 seasons, but they wanted to milk it for all it was worth, and that's why it reached a point where it was impossible to wrap up all the mysteries because they had thrown too many of them into it. I'm with Dave, I'm glad I stopped watching a few years ago.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-24-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote