Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

I had a Sansa and had issues with it. You'd load music on there and it wouldn't show up, video was out of sync with the audio, and the FM radio had terrible reception.

I've got a Nano I'll sell you. Looks like this, 4gb
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I had a Sansa and had issues with it. You'd load music on there and it wouldn't show up, video was out of sync with the audio, and the FM radio had terrible reception.

I've got a Nano I'll sell you. Looks like this, 4gb
The issue with some older Sansa players was that it couldn't recognize ID3V1 tags.

My Sansa 8gb used to do it. You'd have to make sure your files had at least ID3V2 tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #13
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

iPod FTW, I didn't even know there were other music players out there!

iPhone for the even bigger win because then you have Pandora Radio....which is better than all other MP3 players combined.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Just find a used or refurb ipod nano 1st or 2nd gen. If you want cheap. If you want new, just get a new one.
100% Agreed. I've gotten all my ipods as refurbs and they've all been great. No problems for half the price.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I had a RCA sports edition from Walmart for $30. I want to say it was a 2g but still held a shit ton of songs. I used it mountain biking, gym, running, etc. Came with clip on ear phones (that make putting a motorcycle/bike helmet on easy) with decent sound. Also had a wrist band or an arm band. It was also splash proof too (which I put to the test when I threw my wet swimsuit on top of it in my gym locker and forgot about it as I did other shit for an hour).

Mine is having trouble now due to me keeping it directly in my pocket for work or just listening and that messed up the plug thingy so I could only get sound from 1 side.

I-anything makes me want to punch babies.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

im rather fond of sony's players myself. My old nw-hd1 was tits until some fuck stole it out of the jeep. Only complaints were that the early model network players had a loose definition of shuffle and the lack of an am/fm tuner. Shit was loud as fuck though!

Last edited by Dave; 10-16-2009 at 08:57 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Don't get an Ipod, the Itunes interface blows camel cock. You can only sync the ipod to 1 PC. Also you can't get songs off of your Ipod in the event you lose your data from your PC.
iTunes does suck donkey dick, but it's better than it was. You can actually share your library wirelessly with all your home computers using the latest iteration, and you can back your library up to an external. I still don't like it but it's better now, and iPod rules all media players. iPhone it the greatest because of Pandora, Slacker, and Rhapsody.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #18
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You can only sync the ipod to 1 PC. Also you can't get songs off of your Ipod in the event you lose your data from your PC.
What? I have two machines and I put stuff on both my ipods from both machines. And there are hacks to get music off an ipod. At least my ipod actually plays the music I put on it unlike my Sansa.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #19
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
iTunes does suck donkey dick, but it's better than it was. You can actually share your library wirelessly with all your home computers using the latest iteration, and you can back your library up to an external. I still don't like it but it's better now, and iPod rules all media players. iPhone it the greatest because of Pandora, Slacker, and Rhapsody.

Just as a side not, Windows Media Player shares my library to the rest of the PC\Laptops in the house.

Wife is addicted to the iTouch though she hasn't used the damn thing for music yet. 3 weeks and the earbuds are still in the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I love my Creative Zen. Good screen size, 8 g, card slot to upgrade memory.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote