Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey yea about that... I thought being a "douche" involved buying high dollar items and wearing particular brands of clothing. This would fall more under the "asshole" heading in my opinion. I'm just asshole enough to care more about property and human life than I do about some negligent neighbor's cat.
Well since were all making assumptions here, maybe the guy had alzhiemers or senile dimentia where he couldnt take care of himslef, maybe thats why the son came and took him, either to care for him or get him in a long term care facility.

And FWIW I like my cats a lot more than many humans.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Tigger, did you miss the part about assholes driving like dipshits down that road? Our cats roam outside sometimes, and if they get run down by someone who's actually driving the speed limit, so be it. But since most of the people driving down our street are idiots who drive way too fast, I'm probably gonna guess it was one of them.

What's ironic is that most of them are parents taking their kids to the middle school around the corner. You'd think they'd be smarter than speeding down a residential street.
When driving with children you get to be the ashole because if anyone else is theyre endangering the children.

Ahh life in the suburbs
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Tigger, did you miss the part about assholes driving like dipshits down that road? Our cats roam outside sometimes, and if they get run down by someone who's actually driving the speed limit, so be it. But since most of the people driving down our street are idiots who drive way too fast, I'm probably gonna guess it was one of them.

What's ironic is that most of them are parents taking their kids to the middle school around the corner. You'd think they'd be smarter than speeding down a residential street.
I wasn't trying to refer to just this cat anyway but to pets in general. As you said if your animal gets run down because you let it roam loose then so be it. You can't just automatically blame the driver, that's ridiculous. He made it out like it was some assholes cruising the neighborhood looking for cats to run over. It may have been some lady on her way to church with her daughters who will now be traumatized by the incident.

I really feel sorry for the cat, honestly. I'm sorry that someone didn't take it into their home before this happened. I'm sorry that the previous owners just left it to fend for itself. I'm sorry that it wasn't taken to the Humane Society so that it could have been adopted or euthanized so that it wouldn't have had to suffer on the side of the road. Believe me, I am honestly and truly sorry. I mean that from the bottom of my "douchey" heart. I'm not being realistic but I don't want to trash my car nor do I want to run over someone's pet, that's all I'm saying. I keep my pet in the house, fenced in or on a leash at all times because I don't want something like this to happen to him.

My ex kept my old dog, "GIXXER" after I moved to N.C. and she hadn't had him for 3 months before he got hit by a fucking car! She had always argued with me about using a leash and didn't think that it was necessary since he was so obedient and well trained. All it took was a moment of inattention by her and something interesting on the other side of the road... I don't care if the driver was doing 100 MPH, if she had kept the dog on a leash, it would have never happened. Period.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Well since were all making assumptions here, maybe the guy had alzhiemers or senile dimentia where he couldnt take care of himslef, maybe thats why the son came and took him, either to care for him or get him in a long term care facility.

And FWIW I like my cats a lot more than many humans.
My self included, I'm sure. Again, I'm not talking about just this cat but pets in general. Oh and I understand that the son took the owner away but why didn't he do something with the two cats? Why didn't the neighbors do something other than give it scraps (or whatever) and a name from South Park? I don't know but I honestly want there to be some way to stop this from happening for both party's sakes. I drive a lot for work and I see a lot of dead pets on the side of the road and I always wonder why people feel the need to let them out loose. I thought that cats were the ultimate house pet after fish, why let them out at all?

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 01-03-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old 01-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
When driving with children you get to be the ashole because if anyone else is theyre endangering the children.

Ahh life in the suburbs
I'm in complete agreement here. It never ceases to amaze me how recklessly some people will drive with their kids in the car!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Tigger just gets a kick off of trying to turn the original poster into the dick so he can try to get someone to have his back.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #17
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

R.I.P. kitty.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Tigger just gets a kick off of trying to turn the original poster into the dick so he can try to get someone to have his back.
Yep, that's what it is... I don't care about pets at all. I don't honestly think that people should take better fucking care of their animals so they don't get hit by cars and left to suffer on the side of the road. Nope, it's all about making you look like a dick. The only reason I "called you out" at all was your assumption that the driver was an asshole that probably did it on purpose. I have literally shot people and felt less remorse than when I hit a cat with my bike. I cried like a fucking baby when I found a dog suffering in the road. If you would have merely posted that the cat was dead, I would have gladly jumped on the pity bandwagon and done the cliche' "sorry about your loss" post.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #19
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

cats are nomadic animals. you leave them outside and they are going to roam about, thus increasing the chance of harm/death exponentially. this loss is a sad one, but let's be honest, it was also a preventable one. tigger makes a valid point.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
cats are nomadic animals. you leave them outside and they are going to roam about, thus increasing the chance of harm/death exponentially. this loss is a sad one, but let's be honest, it was also a preventable one. tigger makes a valid point.
mission accomplished!