Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
So a Government can take away Constitutional freedoms but not add additional freedoms not covered in the original paperwork? Transportation, even as an idea, was so vastly different then from what we have now that I'm not sure why the original Constitution should be expected to cover this.

Nor am I arguing that State government should not have any control over public roads. I'm not anti-speed limit, stop signs etc, etc. I'm extremely anti-drunk driver and believe in the enforcement of reasonable traffic laws by state or local police departments. However, I disagree with being required by the State to identify yourself as being part of a specific population segment such as a teenager.

Rights, like privileges may be taken away. Therefore it is not necessary to look at driving as a "privilege" that the Government has complete control over to believe in the common-sense need for certain legislation. The overall view that open-travel is a luxury afforded to us only as a government allowed luxury is dangerous.
The Government cannot "take away" your constitutional freedoms without having to face the courts. We have more freedoms today than we have EVER had in the history of this country.

The government tossing legislative or regulatory bullshit is another issue and the voters are responsible for that.
Whose idea do you think it was for these stickers?
Donna Weeks, mother of Kyleigh D’Alessio whose death in 2006 resulted in citizens petitioning their local representatives to creat Kyleigh's Law. The law thats forcing these stickers.
Dont blame government. Blame your neighbors for using their constitutional rights to petition government. Blame your other neighbors for being both ignorant and apathetic towards their local government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
The Russians kept the population from moving freely about the country. It was part and parcel to their control mechanisms. Perhaps people need to start thinking about it a little more as a right, or face being controlled.

Just a thought.

As for the increased scrutiny upon teens, I can tell you that my daughter has already had to face a ticket at the hands of a cop intent only to harass. I fear further for her now.
You are free to travel where ever you like. Free from interference. You don't even have to pay.

Ya just gotta use your feet.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 03-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Dont blame government. Blame your neighbors for using their constitutional rights to petition government. Blame your other neighbors for being both ignorant and apathetic towards their local government.
Oh I do, I certainly do. But then there's always a bit of brainwashing that comes from Govt. control as well isn't there?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Donna Weeks, mother of Kyleigh D’Alessio whose death in 2006 resulted in citizens petitioning their local representatives to creat Kyleigh's Law. The law thats forcing these stickers.
In this society, a grieving woman gets whatever she wants. Men are in a constant rush to prove how protective they are, in the hopes of getting some ass.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
In this society, a grieving woman gets whatever she wants. Men are in a constant rush to prove how protective they are, in the hopes of getting some ass.
Let the kids die. I mean.. Shit, I'm not getting ass for a month now.

I love how the farther north you get the more of a police state you get. We don't even need tags on the front of our cars here in Georgia.

Cops can already identify teenagers easily enough with their school parking permits.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
pauldun170
Serious Business

True,
But if you ever want to tie your giraffe to a street lamp at 2:46 in the morning while your buddy who is sitting on you shoulders reads a story to you whie you are wearing a hood....
Georgia gonna lock your ass up.

your absolutely screwed if you curse over the phone while talking to your lawyer because that's illegal too.
Don't say "oh boy" when your lawyer tells you that you're fucked, thats illegal too.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It's not about getting what she wants, but about some politician getting what he wants. Re-election.

I'm failing to see exactly how putting a sticker or whatever this gimmic does will prevent any teenage driver deaths. What is the gain from this other than sounding good?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #18
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
As for the increased scrutiny upon teens, I can tell you that my daughter has already had to face a ticket at the hands of a cop intent only to harass. I fear further for her now.

my son had the thrill of a cop's gun in his face. he was pulled over by officer nazi's girlfriend. so mister hero showed up and asked if she needs help. he then proceeds to put son on ground with gun in face to show off for his girl.

when we took it to court he didn't think it was so damn funny. I personally think cops should have to work rotations throughout the state. all the little podunk small town i think i'm a bad ass because they gave me a gun and a badge pricks should have to do at least two weeks a year in the inner city.

yeah who would ever think that pricks who have been given too much authority at too young of an age would ever harass young people without the money or reputation to defend themselves. nah that would never happen.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #19
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
The good ol' "Driving is not a right, its a privledge" argument. What a crock of shit.

I completely agree with the Dad that the plates will help Cops target and harass teen drivers.
It's either a conditional right, or a privilege with low requirements. In either case, it's something that can be taken awy.

... unless you believe in that Freeman bullshit, of course.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I'm failing to see exactly how putting a sticker or whatever this gimmic does will prevent any teenage driver deaths. What is the gain from this other than sounding good?
NJ has restrictions that only allow those with a provisional license (kids) to drive during certain hours. Supposedly kids get in to way more accidents at night than they do during the day. This law is supposed to make it easier for police to know who should and shouldn't be driving at night.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote