Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I like how she was like "he was an all star athlete, then he met some bad people, he started doing bad things, then we called the law on him to scare him. FUCK he got caught with drugs and now he got screwed by a crooked judge. FUCK THE JUDGE!!!"
He got hit with a paraphernalia charge, not possession. Likely had a pipe on him.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #12
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Sorry Trip, it doesn't wash. Yes, the parents fucked up, yes the kid fucked up.

What the judge did wasn't fuck up. It was fuck people, and do it for money.

...and it contributed to a boy with a promising future's death.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
He got hit with a paraphernalia charge, not possession. Likely had a pipe on him.
oops, yeah you are right on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Sorry Trip, it doesn't wash. Yes, the parents fucked up, yes the kid fucked up.

What the judge did wasn't fuck up. It was fuck people, and do it for money.

...and it contributed to a boy with a promising future's death.
That's just a funny paraphrase of the mother's interview.

I am not for the judge by any means. He is a douche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

I saw it...only I have a kid, and I know how a kid's spirit can be broken. I've been working to rebuild my kid's spirit after a very bad setback. Teens can really be broken easily, and I can imagine what this mother's going through. This man did this to her child over greed. I get your synopsis, but I can't find the funny.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I saw it...only I have a kid, and I know how a kid's spirit can be broken. I've been working to rebuild my kid's spirit after a very bad setback. Teens can really be broken easily, and I can imagine what this mother's going through. This man did this to her child over greed. I get your synopsis, but I can't find the funny.
Don't turn your kid over to the cops then. I highly doubt you would though considering your like for them.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Trip, I don't like how the kid is always portrayed as an angel, after the fact, either. The thing here is that by all accounts he hadn't had enough time to be too far gone to save yet. He ended up being screwed-over by a judge, who was out to feather his own nest.

Any way that you slice it, the justice system exists to serve one of two purposes; either to punish, or to rehabilitate. I would say that you only do the second if the first is no longer possible, but even if it's only meant to punish, the punishment should fit the crime. A kid, who hasn't got much of a history with the law, doesn't deserve to be sent to a boot camp YET.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Trip, I don't like how the kid is always portrayed as an angel, after the fact, either. The thing here is that by all accounts he hadn't had enough time to be too far gone to save yet. He ended up being screwed-over by a judge, who was out to feather his own nest.

Any way that you slice it, the justice system exists to serve one of two purposes; either to punish, or to rehabilitate. I would say that you only do the second if the first is no longer possible, but even if it's only meant to punish, the punishment should fit the crime. A kid, who hasn't got much of a history with the law, doesn't deserve to be sent to a boot camp YET.
Yeah, the kid had issues if his parents called the law on his ass. Makes you wonder if his downward progression would of continued without this whole mess. No one will know what his home life was really like before this incident and to portray him as anything but an angel with an outstanding future would be silly.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Trip, you're not getting it. If this man's greed contributed in however small a way to this boy's death, he deserves to die at the hand of his grieving mother, IMHO.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Trip, you're not getting it. If this man's greed contributed in however small a way to this boy's death, he deserves to die at the hand of his grieving mother, IMHO.
That's fucking retarded. The man didn't kill the boy. The kid had issues and killed himself. No one will ever know if those issues were from this incident or from something greater than this.

Seriously, are you so old that you have forgotten what it is like to be that age. He's hardly an impressionable 8 year old any longer.

The judge deserves to go to jail no doubt, but execution by a grieving mother is about as fucking retarded as an actual punishment as I have ever heard, especially since it's not even a freakin murder or even a homicide.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's fucking retarded. The man didn't kill the boy. The kid had issues and killed himself. No one will ever know if those issues were from this incident or from something greater than this.

Seriously, are you so old that you have forgotten what it is like to be that age. He's hardly an impressionable 8 year old any longer.

The judge deserves to go to jail no doubt, but execution by a grieving mother is about as fucking retarded as an actual punishment as I have ever heard, especially since it's not even a freakin murder or even a homicide.
Well I'm fairly old, but I still remember that none of my 8 year old friends would have ever considered suicide. The pressures of being a teenager were a different story though. Someone who is 16-18 years old is much more likely to be on the edge, to the point that some asshole could push him over it.