Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yes I have had both a TomTom one and a Magellin. They are both the Mid level models and both a few years old. Neither has multipoint routing, but if you just put in an address they will get you there. Once in a while they route you crazy ways but thats about it.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

I have a Garmin Nuvi. It was about 130 bucks refurbished on Ebay. I went to Garmin site and spent 89 bucks for lifetime map updates (North America). No Problems yet
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
It was a USA only map? Most are North America.

Yeah here they are selling the lifetime map (LMT models) which seem to be $50-60 more then the regular model but it seems like a good deal compared to a one time update which was close to $100 when I was selling them.

Costco has a 2350 I think on sale for about $135 but its online only.

If I had the extra money, a good enough mount and if I knew the GPS would warn me of upcoming streets unlike my phone I would get a Playbook.

James
James
US and Puerto Rico but no Alaska is what the description said. It surprised me too. I assumed it was all of NA, then after I typed my post I saw it wasn't.

Garmin's prices have come down on maps but they still aren't very cheap. They currently want $50 for a one time NA update and $90 for lifetime NA updates.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I found the Navi 1350 for $129 (non LTM model) I might try that out. Not sure. I need to check the difference between that and the 2350 later tonight. Thats almost the same price but I would have to order it online. Unless it offers more and has free shipping I don't know if I will go that route.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

If you are going to use it for driving a truck, I'm assuming a commercial truck/big rig, you might want to look out for one that has a commercial route feature which will only allow routes that meet your height and weight restrictions or it might route you through some routes that you cant drive on.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
If you are going to use it for driving a truck, I'm assuming a commercial truck/big rig, you might want to look out for one that has a commercial route feature which will only allow routes that meet your height and weight restrictions or it might route you through some routes that you cant drive on.
The trucking ones are over $400. That blows my budget out of the water right now. Its a big truck but not a tractor trailer. Its a straight truck with a 22' box. Since we do some home deliveries as well then I can use most streets in a way.

I thought about using one of them because there are some feature I read that I thought would be good some would be great for some but not much use to me. Like the weigh stations. I hit one when I have to go to the airport but I cant see me ever having a load that I would have to worry about being over loaded with.

As far as height goes the only spots I would have to worry about height wouldn't be on a gps.

But those were good points to bring up.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 07-11-2011, 02:35 AM   #17
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Is that in my price range? That's sweet!!! If I act now can you throw in a sun dial?

James
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #19
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I like our nuvi, works decent, not sure of the model though. I know if you put in a destination you can set in way points. Haven't played with it enough to know if it will arrange them in order, or if it goes in the order you place them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #20
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Garmin Nuvi 270. It does all of North America and Europe. Worth it's weight in gold overseas. BTW- PLUS ONE on the lifetime maps.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote