Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Me?
The OP specifically...and every other idiot bitching about this.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I just can't get into the idea of something so thin that it doesn't provide any good way to grip it. Holding it the way she was holding it with her left hand is stupid. It would wiggle every time you swiped on it with your other hand.

And IMO it's kinda silly to own both a tablet AND a smartphone. You're spending too much money on overlapping capabilities. Keep using the laptop you already paid hundreds for. Just because it's a little more cumbersome isn't going to kill you.

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-26-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I just can't get into the idea of something so thin that it doesn't provide any good way to grip it. Holding it the way she was holding it with her left hand is stupid. It would wiggle every time you swiped on it with your other hand.

And IMO it's stupid to own both a tablet AND a smartphone. You're spending too much money on overlapping capabilities. Unless of course your employer is paying for it.
Best way I have found to hold an iPad is when people have those tri fold cases for standing them up. You can hold it like a book. It's a lot thicker.

I can see owning one if you have a long commute where you ride everyday, not as a driver. Having a larger screen would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
If this is your biggest problem I want your life.
Well actually it can be a problem to me. I'm in college and people will use these in class all of the time. Not that I care for them but it's hard to pay attention to what the professor is writing or talking about when you have some dimwit in front of you playing random bright and vibrant games or spending their time looking at 10,000 pics of the same 3 poses on facebook. I myself fixed this by moving to the very front of the classes I take but because of how some of my classes are set up, if you sit at the front you can't see the entire board due to podiums or the professor themself in the way.

I also find it a problem with our society. People have quit interacting and devoted all of their time to various BS on the internet. I see groups of "friends" sit at tables and the most they ever say to each other is "did you see __________'s facebook page" followed by either "yeah, that's crazy" or "no, let me check it out". The only people I see interact on my campus are the LARPers and smokers.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Well actually it can be a problem to me. I'm in college and people will use these in class all of the time. Not that I care for them but it's hard to pay attention to what the professor is writing or talking about when you have some dimwit in front of you playing random bright and vibrant games or spending their time looking at 10,000 pics of the same 3 poses on facebook. I myself fixed this by moving to the very front of the classes I take but because of how some of my classes are set up, if you sit at the front you can't see the entire board due to podiums or the professor themself in the way.

I also find it a problem with our society. People have quit interacting and devoted all of their time to various BS on the internet. I see groups of "friends" sit at tables and the most they ever say to each other is "did you see __________'s facebook page" followed by either "yeah, that's crazy" or "no, let me check it out". The only people I see interact on my campus are the LARPers and smokers.
Tough life.

I've got bigger things to worry about, son.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Bullshit, you are a government worker. Your big thing is if you got time to play a game on your phone while you are in the shitter at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Bullshit, you are a government worker. Your big thing is if you got time to play a game on your phone while you are in the shitter at work.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
D'oh

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Ergo, I don't give a shit about what anyone else does with their electronic device.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Tough life.

I owe the IRS money and I almost killed a 24 day old baby the other day. I can still hear the mother yelling "you're killing my him" and "do something" ringing in my head. It wasn't my fault (severe latex allergy that a doctor and mother didn't inform me about even though I asked about allergies) but it's not fun watching kids die. I can only think of 2 people on here who can relate to that. What kind of problems do you have?