Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I had a first gen. 350. First year they came out what in 03? It was awesome, handled very well, got good mileage (mine was the standard). They are 2 seaters so practicality suffered a bit, the race inspired suspension was rough on Arkansas roads but find a peice of smooth asphalt and eat it up. HP was adequate. By that I mean everything is relative. It didn't launch as hard as my big block Nova but could take off with any other street car I met. They have upped the HP each year I think it stands at 335 for the 370 Z, mine was 285 I think.

Build quality was OK, it did eat the stock tires pretty quick, but those were cheapy OEM tires and I did not get to drive thru the 2nd set. Overall handling was like I said above great, slight understeer, pretty firm. For the money I would say it would be the bargain of its class. More refined this year than the Mustang GT, more powerful than the Mazda RX, until the V8 Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challengers get out in force you have them all covered.

The 370 has had my attention since its debut. Full out electronic aids. Rev match shift to keep your engine matched to downshifts (like a slipper clutch for bikes), available tracion control (switchable), better handling (claimed), more ponies. For what it is worth I think a low mileage, well cared for 2 year old 350 would be quite a bang for the buck option unless you were street racing or track daying it.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Did they decrease the weight on the 370Z? Because the 350Z is a pig right now. Could easily stand to lose 400-lbs.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

370 is a couple pounds lighter
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Did they decrease the weight on the 370Z? Because the 350Z is a pig right now. Could easily stand to lose 400-lbs.
Teehee, yeah but the pig can dance!

Arkriders.com
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #15
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Teehee, yeah but the pig can dance!
Yeah, If you think a dancing pig is a good dancer...

BTW, I think they're nice looking cars, but they could use a few more ponies, and a diet.

Last edited by Rsv1000R; 02-06-2009 at 04:10 PM..
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #16
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Yeah, If you think a dancing pig is a good dancer...
Trust me! I have been full lock in a 69 Nova, an 83 Pontiac, and several Camaros, all weighing less than the Z and I would much rather race in the Z when 1/10 of a second is on the line!

Arkriders.com
Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Trust me! I have been full lock in a 69 Nova, an 83 Pontiac, and several Camaros, all weighing less than the Z and I would much rather race in the Z when 1/10 of a second is on the line!
I thought my 99 Z28 with some suspension upgrades was pretty decent handling, until I took my stock Z06 autocrossing...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
I thought my 99 Z28 with some suspension upgrades was pretty decent handling, until I took my stock Z06 autocrossing...
Z06 is bad ass! No live axle going to handle with it. I was raised in a garage. Dad and I always suspension tested all the cars we fixed. Every gen of Camaro, Vette, Mustang, Even some exotics like Jaguars, Panteras, and Porsches.

Good times. We built quite a few of our own toys, dirt track raced for a decade or so, drag raced for another.

Arkriders.com
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #19
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Z06 is bad ass! No live axle going to handle with it. I was raised in a garage. Dad and I always suspension tested all the cars we fixed. Every gen of Camaro, Vette, Mustang, Even some exotics like Jaguars, Panteras, and Porsches.

Good times. We built quite a few of our own toys, dirt track raced for a decade or so, drag raced for another.

The biggest difference was in the front, it'd turn with little pushing at speeds way over what I was use to.

And then AH works great too, I got way sideways (power oversteer..), and was able to catch it with minimal fuss.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #20
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I read the Road and Track reviews of the base model Vs Z06 Vs ZR1. I so want to drive one. My brother had a 89 we tricked out. It was way cool. And we used it up good. It could run with my Nova 454 at the strip. I would launch him into oblivion and then he would scream by at 1000 ft. Good times.

I have driven the crap out of cars on the road, but never gotten one out on a road course. It is something I would love to do. I roadraced bikes for years and on those tracks I cannot imagine racing cars side by side!

Arkriders.com