Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
So they get 500 bucks for nothing when you move out and you paid 240/yr for this pet? What did they collect an extra 550 for if they didn't expect anything more to be damaged (carpet) because of the pet? I never get these pet charges because they just charge you again for the shit the pet caused anyways.
bingo

its not like Puggy is going around shitting and pissing everywhere but accidents do happen, mostly in one corner.

So i just spent 2 days on my hands and knees scrubbing carpet backing and i'm like WTF am i doing? I should just tell them to F themselves and if they charge me for carpet, take them to small claims court.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I have never heard of a non-refundable deposit. If it really is non-refundable, then it's a fee, not a deposit.

The $300 you paid for a "pet deposit" should be used towards the carpet, assuming there were stains. If not, it should be refunded.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-25-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I have never heard of a non-refundable deposit. If it really is non-refundable, then it's a fee, not a deposit.

The $300 you paid for a "pet deposit" should be used towards the carpet, assuming there were stains. If not, it should be refunded.
Well call it a fee then. My gripe is even if i had the carpet cleaned which they give me a free cleaning everytime i resign my lease (every 6-7 months) they will still pull my carpets and charge me for new carpet if they see stains. It doesn't matter if there are no stains on top.

2up- i couldn't find a tenants rights association but i did find nevada statutes for renters and my security deposit should cover normal wear and tear. I would say normal should cover a few pee stains, what do they expect in an apt with pets?

Seems like if they pull something funny i can fight it.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
LittleTaz
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: '00 Ninja 250

That's crap, Gina, but they did the same thing to my daughter when she moved... Charged her 3 times the price it would actually cost to replace it. She even told them she would bring in someone and replace it herself, but they wouldn't do it...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Had the same exact thing happen to me when I moved out of an apartment in FL. Fight them and see what you can get them to take off on their own, but they'll own you in court and destroy your credit in the blink of an eye. This isn't their first lease, and they're all written to protect the leasing companies.

Welcome to the world of terminating a lease.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Had the same exact thing happen to me when I moved out of an apartment in FL. Fight them and see what you can get them to take off on their own, but they'll own you in court and destroy your credit in the blink of an eye. This isn't their first lease, and they're all written to protect the leasing companies.

Welcome to the world of terminating a lease.
thats what i am afraid of, i don't want them messing with my credit.

The lease doesn't outline anything about replacing carpets, just cleaning. and other than a few stains, the carpet isn't beyond normal wear and tear. This management company is just trying to screw their tenants.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #17
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Gina you should look to buy a house in Las Vegas if you can afford it. You can get a nice house for 80K over there. Thinking about buying a 2nd property in Vegas.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #18
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Gina you should look to buy a house in Las Vegas if you can afford it. You can get a nice house for 80K over there. Thinking about buying a 2nd property in Vegas.
I am but at the moment i am unemployed and looking to go back to school. once benefits run out i'll be going back to work and looking to buy.

Right now Las Vegas govt is giving out grants for first time homebuyers for downpayments and also grants to renovate for certain areas. Not so much the ghetto i suppose, but just older neighborhoods. I have an orientation on June 3rd to check it out.

Buy a house here and rent it to me! i won't destroy your carpets, promise!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #19
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I am but at the moment i am unemployed and looking to go back to school. once benefits run out i'll be going back to work and looking to buy.

Right now Las Vegas govt is giving out grants for first time homebuyers for downpayments and also grants to renovate for certain areas. Not so much the ghetto i suppose, but just older neighborhoods. I have an orientation on June 3rd to check it out.

Buy a house here and rent it to me! i won't destroy your carpets, promise!
How much are u willing to pay?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
How much are u willing to pay?
As long as its cheaper than my 1 bedroom which i am getting raped for. Granted its the nicest place i ever lived at, but i can mortgage a house for that. So no more than $970!