Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I think issues like vehicle insurance should be public information.
in TX now, an LEO can pull up a license plate, and it'll tell them if they have valid ins or not.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
quick note to add. Of course it becomes your business when they hit you without insurance or damage your possession in some way through their lifes choices.

I'm just talking about in general, no direct influence on you, why do you need to know.

probably all of us on here would agree it's stupid not to have ins on everything you own. hell I pay full coverage rates on a truck that hardly ever leaves my driveway.
i know people who don't have ins. no way in hell am I going to try and pressure them into getting it or publicly announce to other people they don't have it. I know people who don't have a drivers license to, but I'm not calling the law on them. it's their choice. yes it's illegal, but it doesn't affect me. why call?
Personally, I don't care if someone has insurance on their life or home. If they don't have insurance on their CAR, then it's my business because they are a potential financial burden to me, because they are breaking the law.

The above is an unpaid programme by someone who was taken to hospital after having his bike destroyed by an uninsured motorist, and is not the opinion of this station or its management.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Well, in my case, this girl has openly offered up every bit of information to several people about her license status. I wouldn't ever ask about it. I don't care that much.

When she is driving around without a license, that is on her and will only affect her and her family. But when she is driving without insurance, she could seriously alter someone else's well being if she hits them. I guess in my mind, I am thinking about the people she might hit someday and how that would affect them. I've just become highly sensitive to this stuff lately.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
probably all of us on here would agree it's stupid not to have ins on everything you own. hell I pay full coverage rates on a truck that hardly ever leaves my driveway.

Yup. I pay for insurance on a vehicle, sled, and motorcycle. Its there to protect me from idiots with no insurance. But, if some idiot with no ins hits me, im still covered, so why should I give a fuck. They are the one up shit creek.

Its really no more of a headache to me either way. So why should it bother me?
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Being curious, wanting to know, etc. is very different from actually making a call.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Yup. I pay for insurance on a vehicle, sled, and motorcycle. Its there to protect me from idiots with no insurance. But, if some idiot with no ins hits me, im still covered, so why should I give a fuck. They are the one up shit creek.

Its really no more of a headache to me either way. So why should it bother me?
Because if it's the other person's fault it typically costs you nothing but if that other driver is uninsured, then in most places you end up having to pay your deductible.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

being curious, wanting to know, is being nosy. Which im not a fan of either.

Being pissed about it like HH was, is uptight and senseless.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Personally, I don't care if someone has insurance on their life or home. If they don't have insurance on their CAR, then it's my business because they are a potential financial burden to me, because they are breaking the law.

The above is an unpaid programme by someone who was taken to hospital after having his bike destroyed by an uninsured motorist, and is not the opinion of this station or its management.
so if someone is a professional or even ranked amateur fighter you feel it's your businesss to know if they have their hands registered with local PD? I mean after all if they walk by you it's a potential financial cost to you if they decide to hit you. I mean if their not insured against punching someone who knows what could happen. the potential is there for them to hit you.
yeah I know apples to oranges right?

BTW in Wis they are not breaking the law by now having insurance. the only time it is required by the state is if you have had an accident and been unable to pay for damages you caused. Then you go on what is called SR22 insurance. then they will take your license if you do not have insurance in your name.

A side note. I have lived in a couple states where it was required and I liked it that way. I'm not saying it shouldn't be required just that it's their choice if they want to risk it. If they cause a wreck I think they should lose everything they have and be held actually responsible for paying it. unfortunately that doesn't happen. I have had a few friends get their vehicles wrecked by uninsured. it sucks. where I work it's generally assumed 80 % of drivers are not insured. If you drive down here it better be a vehicle you can afford to replace on your own or have uninsured motorist coverage. Very good chance if you get hit they will try to sue your insurance for their vehicle.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I would want to know if my neighbor didn't have insurance so that I can avoid him at all costs.
Agreed. Well I don't know about the "avoid at all cost" part but I know what you're saying.

As far as the guy at the office asking about your personal tax info...fvck him...it is NONE of his business.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #20
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Being curious, wanting to know, etc. is very different from actually making a call.
And talking about it online amongst people who don't and will never know her is very different from asking her personally or gossiping about it at work with co-workers.

And I never made a call. Probably never will. It still pisses me off. But that is just me being uptight and senseless.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote