Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
ah. The skeptical side of me saw it the other way. My bad.
Shit don't worry about it, I definitely wouldn't have been surprised!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea that's true. When I was running my full audio set-up, it was convenient for the GPS to play music as well. If you figure something out let me know too! My problems have always been; signal priority, cross-talk and feedback. I'm not an engineer so I could never get proper priority protocols established. I want the radar detector > phone > GPS with total elimination of previous signals and resumption after priority signal. That's what you gain with the "box" units.
This one is an mp3 player after further review. It's a pretty decent deal, but I am not in the market yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This one is an mp3 player after further review. It's a pretty decent deal, but I am not in the market yet.
Fine...bastard! Hey, get to work on that cheap switching unit that links everything and sends it to a blue tooth head set! I don't mind having everything hard wired to the bike, it's better power-wise anyway (eliminates battery issues) but I'd like to lose the cord to my helmet. I might try this route,

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/produ...oducts_id=6010

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/produ...oducts_id=6018

Then I could buy something like the Tom Tom and be all set.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
R6Chick
I haven't had that in yrs

Moto: 2004 R6

Yesterday, dealnews advertised 35% off GPS with a coupon code. The discount is in addition to any sale prices or discounts.
R6Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Fine...bastard! Hey, get to work on that cheap switching unit that links everything and sends it to a blue tooth head set! I don't mind having everything hard wired to the bike, it's better power-wise anyway (eliminates battery issues) but I'd like to lose the cord to my helmet. I might try this route,

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/produ...oducts_id=6010

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/produ...oducts_id=6018

Then I could buy something like the Tom Tom and be all set.
I have actually started researching 12V amplifiers. The question is do we want an amp for each individual device or one over all for just your headset. I am leaning to feeding everything into one amp for the rider and one amp for the passenger, so each would have a volume adjustment. That would cut down on size of the box and reduce the cost by a lot. You would have to adjust the volume of each device on the device if you would like to mute one. This would be different than the baeher box, but it would still be nice and would only cost us around $30-50 instead of $1000. I would also rig a PTT point on the box, so you could run a button to the handle bars for your FRS radio.

I need to get my hands on a good set of FRS radios.

Hey ebbs, send me the cobras. The only down side is not all FRS radios are made the same. The jacks can be different. The ones ebbs has, isn't stereo. It's a mono device. It uses a standard stereo jack though. One channel is for the mic and the other is for the mono channel. I would need to get ahold of a good set of FRS radios that have the industry standard setup to make these feasible for everyone.

As far as BT, you would be on your own for that. That costs too much money and I would need a lot of studying to learn how to build a BT setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have actually started researching 12V amplifiers. The question is do we want an amp for each individual device or one over all for just your headset. I am leaning to feeding everything into one amp for the rider and one amp for the passenger, so each would have a volume adjustment. That would cut down on size of the box and reduce the cost by a lot. You would have to adjust the volume of each device on the device if you would like to mute one. This would be different than the baeher box, but it would still be nice and would only cost us around $30-50 instead of $1000. I would also rig a PTT point on the box, so you could run a button to the handle bars for your FRS radio.

I need to get my hands on a good set of FRS radios.

Hey ebbs, send me the cobras. The only down side is not all FRS radios are made the same. The jacks can be different. The ones ebbs has, isn't stereo. It's a mono device. It uses a standard stereo jack though. One channel is for the mic and the other is for the mono channel. I would need to get ahold of a good set of FRS radios that have the industry standard setup to make these feasible for everyone.

As far as BT, you would be on your own for that. That costs too much money and I would need a lot of studying to learn how to build a BT setup.
FWIW most of the better radios have provisions for an external PTT button. If you install an external jack on your unit for sound and mic, a blue tooth adapter will take care of making it wireless.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

If you want water proof than you're gonna have to spend a shit load or go back a couple year models.

I have a Lowrance 500c that works great. The maps are pretty much up to date, its water proof, plays music, has a HDD, big screen, and good user modding. Ya it's a little old and big but it gets the job done.

As long as the maps are updated, you're good to go. Hell you dont even need updated maps unless you live in city that builds constantly or you actually do travel state to state.

Yes I have been in a shit storm with my gps. I could barely see a car lengths in front of me. Dam thing just kept on playing that music. Yeee Haaa.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote