Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #191
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay... attention, I don't care whether it is legal or not, I don't want people getting high at work when I have to depend on them for my safety. I don't care if children get high, or you, or cancer patients, etc as long as they don't work on my job site.
You run that risk with everything, legal or otherwise.

People come to work drunk and people come to work high... I don't think the legality of the substance is relevant to users bringing it into the workplace.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #192
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
eh, he doesn't care about that. He just doesn't want to work with stoners.
Yea I know, I was just speaking in vague terms. Although, if you can convince someone who doesn't care about that subject that there is reason for everyone to care, even those who will never use, then that's a victory.

Tigger is old, like grandpa old, and old guys are furiously stubborn.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #193
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well then I suggest you wake up and realize ppl don't give a shit and will never stop doing that. People can't even drive cars properly.. you want them to act responsibly with their addictions? lol
YES!!! strangely enough, I would like that very much...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #194
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Dude are you on your phone right now?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #195
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
No it makes you a potential liability. If you were at home or at a job that didn't require you to operate heavy equipment, this wouldn't be an issue. I actually, don't know what you do for a living so I wouldn't know but if the pain killers you take make you incapable of performing your job without risk to others and you can't do the job without them, then you shouldn't be there. Real Talk. I don't know you or what the extent of your condition is but I would hope that your doctor proscribed a dosage that is small enough that you can complete your work without endangering yourself or anyone else. Anyway, so if your case is valid then everyone should be able to get high at work? What's your point?
i dont work with heavy machinery, i'm an emt and a bouncer. and i take 20mg of percocets so i'm able to walk and stand without experiencing crippling pain. i NEED my pills because strangely enough i was t-boned into a phone pole by a 17 year old under the influence of a cell phone. i dont consider myself an addict and i dont consider pot a bad thing. personally i'd rather smoke pot to releive my pain than pop opiates, at least with pot there is abosolutely no chance that i could overdose. i dont want to argue the merits of pot with you since i'll just get excuses about how you only want it to be banned at work or how it's as addicting as heroin or whatever. i think you feel strongly about drugs in general due to some experiences you had and instead of looking at each one objectively you generalize them all in a group of shit thats bad.
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #196
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
eh, he doesn't care about that. He just doesn't want to work with stoners.
Exactly what I originally said. Since then I have been deflecting "excuses" and "justifications" for drug/alcohol use in general. I'm more than happy to debate these things with you guys for entertainment value but I don't honestly care what you all do to yourselves. I'm seriously pro-suicide. I mean that. If it came to a vote, I would vote yes!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #197
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Dude are you on your phone right now?
No, do you need to call me? I have my phone tethered to my laptop...
Old 07-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #198
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Exactly what I originally said. Since then I have been deflecting "excuses" and "justifications" for drug/alcohol use in general. I'm more than happy to debate these things with you guys for entertainment value but I don't honestly care what you all do to yourselves. I'm seriously pro-suicide. I mean that. If it came to a vote, I would vote yes!
And as you well know the way you phrase thing and throw names or negative connotations around induces more argument and debate. Awww...he's so cute when he pways innocent....

Quote:
No, do you need to call me? I have my phone tethered to my laptop...
I was just curious if you were able to post that quickly from your N1.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #199
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
i dont work with heavy machinery, i'm an emt and a bouncer. and i take 20mg of percocets so i'm able to walk and stand without experiencing crippling pain. i NEED my pills because strangely enough i was t-boned into a phone pole by a 17 year old under the influence of a cell phone. i dont consider myself an addict and i dont consider pot a bad thing. personally i'd rather smoke pot to releive my pain than pop opiates, at least with pot there is abosolutely no chance that i could overdose. i dont want to argue the merits of pot with you since i'll just get excuses about how you only want it to be banned at work or how it's as addicting as heroin or whatever. i think you feel strongly about drugs in general due to some experiences you had and instead of looking at each one objectively you generalize them all in a group of shit thats bad.
Okay but it's not an excuse... to be honest though, I wouldn't want to be treated by an EMT that is high... maybe that's just me...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #200
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
And as you well know the way you phrase thing and throw names or negative connotations around induces more argument and debate. Awww...he's so cute when he pways innocent....

I was just curious if you were able to post that quickly from your N1.
Oh yea I can but I get a lot of incorrect words from Slide-it, so it's better that I use my LT when I have it.