Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Try leaving your car on the side of a road after a snowstorm in a city up here! You think its hard to shovel snow, try a million pieces of what used to be a car! lol
There was a big to do in NYC about that with this last storm. Seems a plow went down one street and trashed 10 or 11 cars. The dept of sanitation tried denying it at first LOL
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #22
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
There was a big to do in NYC about that with this last storm. Seems a plow went down one street and trashed 10 or 11 cars. The dept of sanitation tried denying it at first LOL
Up here they wouldnt deny it, they;d say, too bad, so sad, follow the rules and dont leave your car on the sidewalk.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Up here they wouldnt deny it, they;d say, too bad, so sad, follow the rules and dont leave your car on the sidewalk.
In a lotof places in NYC the street is the only option to park. I just found it funny they tried denying it but you figure everyones sue happy here.

We were mad that the guy next door left his car in the street when the plows came so it made it that much tougher digging out our driveway. So when i shoveled out our driveway I further burried his car
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
You have to be careful up here - there are signs at the town line (and nowhere else) that indicate no parking on city streets between certain hours from October 1 to April 1 (for that reason though the sign doesn't say it).

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

The snow plow driver hit my mailbox too and I was shocked at the reply I got from the township

What I sent them
Hello

This past thursday morning, the plow truck hit my mailbox. The mailbox itself is dented at the door, some of outer wood trim is dented from impact with the plow, one piece of trim was knocked off and the 2 x 4 bracing that supports the mailbox itself was knocked loose and cracked.

I nailed a piece of wood to the post to keep it somewhat secure and renailed bracing.

My address is Xxxxxxxx. Turning off of Xxxx onto Xxx, I'm the 9th house on the right ( counting the one on the corner ) if you want to look at it.

Not "jumping up and down", but who is responsible for properly fixing this?

Thanks for your time
Jeff

Here's the reply
Jeff,

Xxx Township will reimburse you for any parts that must be repaired or replaced. You can send receipt copies to the Administration Office along with your address and the Township will list the amount for payment on the next month’s bills list. The Township does not provide labor or pay for labor relating to the needed repairs.

Stan , Jr.
Township Manager

I almost feel like I hit the lottery
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #26
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
The snow plow driver hit my mailbox too and I was shocked at the reply I got from the township

What I sent them
Hello

This past thursday morning, the plow truck hit my mailbox. The mailbox itself is dented at the door, some of outer wood trim is dented from impact with the plow, one piece of trim was knocked off and the 2 x 4 bracing that supports the mailbox itself was knocked loose and cracked.

I nailed a piece of wood to the post to keep it somewhat secure and renailed bracing.

My address is Xxxxxxxx. Turning off of Xxxx onto Xxx, I'm the 9th house on the right ( counting the one on the corner ) if you want to look at it.

Not "jumping up and down", but who is responsible for properly fixing this?

Thanks for your time
Jeff

Here's the reply
Jeff,

Xxx Township will reimburse you for any parts that must be repaired or replaced. You can send receipt copies to the Administration Office along with your address and the Township will list the amount for payment on the next month’s bills list. The Township does not provide labor or pay for labor relating to the needed repairs.

Stan , Jr.
Township Manager

I almost feel like I hit the lottery
Holy shit - I think I'd pass out from shock if I got a reply like that

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #27
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Holy shit - I think I'd pass out from shock if I got a reply like that
In NY if you got a letter like that, there would be an additional letter containing a summons for violating some obscure state law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Around here, the policy is.

If the truck hits your mailbox the city will pay for it, but if it was from snow thrown from the plow then its your dime.
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #29
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
oops and one more
That looks more like a piss poor paving job not the plow.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #30
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
That looks more like a piss poor paving job not the plow.

James
I'm havng to agree with this honestly. I fail to see any substantial markings suggestive of a plow having torn it up, such as gouge marks from the steel blade, or the like.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote