Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah I'm trying to remember who that was.

Vinnie opened a shop I see....

http://www.vforcecustoms.com/
So he took the kid cody with him too, thats interesting.

I do wonder what sort of arrangements the workers had for being on television.

BBQ chef from CF told me he knew a guy who was some sort of hedge fund manager (guy was stupid rich) and he approached them about doing a theme bike. They told him it would be about 100k and if he wanted it on tv it woul dbe about one million dollars.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
So he took the kid cody with him too, thats interesting.

I do wonder what sort of arrangements the workers had for being on television.

BBQ chef from CF told me he knew a guy who was some sort of hedge fund manager (guy was stupid rich) and he approached them about doing a theme bike. They told him it would be about 100k and if he wanted it on tv it woul dbe about one million dollars.
GOOD GAWD !!! Must be nice to have that kind of $$ but that is stupid rich.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
GOOD GAWD !!! Must be nice to have that kind of $$ but that is stupid rich.
Him and his brother seem to know all sorts of uber rich guys up there. I was at an open house for th elocal ducati/aprilia dealer and am chatting with a guy. Totaly down to earth guy but hes got a huge collection of cars and bikes, then says how he likes taking his lotus out on a certain highway, I was like damn this guy is one of them billionaire types
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #24
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Him and his brother seem to know all sorts of uber rich guys up there. I was at an open house for th elocal ducati/aprilia dealer and am chatting with a guy. Totaly down to earth guy but hes got a huge collection of cars and bikes, then says how he likes taking his lotus out on a certain highway, I was like damn this guy is one of them billionaire types

Sounds like some of the guys are work for...ok...not billionaires but multi millionaires at least.

Here I am looking to upgrade my 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with 151k miles and plan to pick up a low mileage 4x4 Jeep Liberty (since they redesigned them in 08) or an 08 or 09 Dodge Nitro 4x4.

I want 4x4...you know...for that inch of snow we get here maybe twice a year. Naa...I do ocassionally like to take my Jeep out on the beach and places that a 4x2 just won't cut it.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #25
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Yes but at first it was actually interesting to see them build/put bikes together.
No no I mean I met them and they were jerks! That was way before the TV show.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #26
Rider
Moto GP Star

I was never into the 12 foot long bikes anyway.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I was never into the 12 foot long bikes anyway.
Some of the early theme bikes were cool, but it got played out prety quick. After a while it just became advertising for big companies, and they woul dthrow in a few charity/feelgood stories so they wouldnt look like total money hungry tools.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
No no I mean I met them and they were jerks! That was way before the TV show.
Oh...ok...gotcha !!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #29
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
since we're discussing reality tv

Sad news this morning: Phil Harris, captain of the Cornelia Marie fishing boat featured on Deadliest Catch, has died in Alaska. He was 53.

Harris suffered a massive stroke on Jan. 29 while the Cornelia Marie was in port at St. Paul Island, Alaska. The boat captain was flown to Anchorage for surgery.

"It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad - Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end," sons Josh and Jake Harris said in a statement on the Cornelia Marie site. "For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down."

In a statement the network said, "Discovery mourns the loss of dear friend and colleague Captain Phil Harris. He was more than someone on our television screen. Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him. We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart. We share our tremendous sadness over this loss with the millions of viewers who followed Phil's every move. We send our thoughts and prayers to Phil's sons Josh and Jake and the Cornelia Marie crew."

Wow, thats really sad, I really liked him. He did lead a really unhealthy lifestyle though. Copious ammounts of nicotine, red bull, and constant lack of sleep will wear on your body after year....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #30
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Can't believe that show lasted so long. I was channel flipping the other day and was almost shocked to see it on, so I watched a bit of it. Seemed to be the exact same as the first season except for the 100% corporate thing. Sad that the money has pitted them against each other.

I'll say, A.C., for all the things to hate about it, is still better than any other trash on TLC. That whole channel needs to be put out of its misery.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote