Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I legitimately don't understand the appeal of DFW or Houston. They are just a giant mall/church.

I bet the have a church with a mall in it. And a Chili's or Applebee's too. That would define DFW perfectly.

So true

The Orange County of the South (but without the cool scenery or beaches)
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Glad I could help getting austin off someones list. I mean, football being a big deal in Texas? Who would have thunk it...
Don't count me off yet. I am a natural born Texan so I feel I have a right to go anywhere in Texas. I'm just looking for the best schools more than anything. I just don't want to dorm with a bunch of dumbass drunk freshmen if I have to go the dorm route. I'd probably kill someone. I'd only have to deal with it for 2 years and then once i get to med school I doubt I'll have to deal with that at all.

Chi:
I have family in South Georgia and I know all about it. Say anything bad abotu UGA (despite they have never stepped foot on campus) and you'll wind up missing in the middle of a swamp.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
I bet the have a church with a mall in it. And a Chili's or Applebee's too. That would define DFW perfectly.
I think there was a King of the Hill episode about that.

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #24
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I think there was a King of the Hill episode about that.

Yup.

http://www.tv.com/king-of-the-hill/c...488/recap.html

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #25
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
DFW? Sweety, you just lost cool points...
Quote:
Well, if you can't spell y'all correctly you would do badly here anyway.
I grew up in DFW, to me, Austin has no soul...just a big shiny city, but granted DFW has done the same thing, but it will still always be home.

Maybe we spell it differently, but I grew up with ya'll and ya'll it will always be (could also be cuz I'm part oklahoman ). I dont say y _ all, If we want to be picky, technically we should spell it yawl, as thats how its pronounced.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #26
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I grew up in DFW, to me, Austin has no soul...just a big shiny city, but granted DFW has done the same thing, but it will still always be home.

Maybe we spell it differently, but I grew up with ya'll and ya'll it will always be (could also be cuz I'm part oklahoman ). I dont say y _ all, If we want to be picky, technically we should spell it yawl, as thats how its pronounced.
Honey, it's basic English. It's a contraction. The two words involved are "You" and "All". You are removing the "ou" (haha) from "you", so you would put the ' in place of the removed letters.

Just like the rest of the English language, spelling has nothing to do with pronunciation.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I understand the concept, I'm perty smart, promise, but I'm not going to change the way I spell it.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
That makes me want to punch babies.

I live in Atlanta (the city, not the suburbs) and they recently had a football game between the University of Georgia and some other school in Atlanta. Normally they seclude themselves to Athens and cheesy sports bars if outside of athens. They fucking drove me nuts. I was hoping the thugs of Atlanta would keep it real and blast their yellowish shorts and tucked in pink alligator symbol shirt plus visor wearing at 2 in the morning asses back to... well wherever UGA football fans come from.

UGA fans have got to be the worst football fans period. I also don't understand the appeal to college football vs pro. My only conclusion is that Southern Men can't stand watching a black man make money.

I just need to find a good school with a good physics or biochem program that doesn't have a football team or at least one that doesn't matter. NYU Abu Dhabi is appealing more to me everyday.
Stay away from Austin if you hate Georgia fans that much, Texas fans are worse than Georgia fans. At least Georgia has the honor belonging to the best conference in college football and can hang their hat on being part of good football. Texas fans pretend to themselves (thanks to ESPN) that they are actually worth a damn every year, but when in reality, they are shitty and in a terrible conference. Oh and they are going to be the reason their terrible conference falls apart too.

College football vs pro football is region thing. If you live in a city that has pro football, you are more likely to watch that more since you have access. I watched the Saints a lot more when I lived in New Orleans. Now that live in a college town, I tend to watch college more. Atlanta has got to be interesting since they offer both with Georgia. High school ball is fun to watch when you live where there is good teams, like Rae. The Louisiana Catholic league games are fun as shit to watch because it is on the level of some college teams since they actually nationally recruit. The Florida high schools are the same way.

Last edited by Trip; 09-13-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Why do guys play college sports? They don't get paid for it and universities make money off of them.

http://www.sportspickle.com/video/65...udent-athletes
For the free college ride....duh.

And y'all or ya'll is not proper English....you should use "you guys".

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-13-2011 at 03:34 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #30
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Smittie, I despise football and I survive just fine here. But, I'm not on the college campus.

Great thing about Austin is that there is a group of people for every different walk of life or interest...well mostly.

My closest friends hate football as much as I do, so I never have to worry about it. And there are lots of hippies, but you can avoid them pretty easy.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote