Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #21
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Looks like an absolute blast!!

Ebbs, if I ever get my ex to agree to a reasonable schedule, I'll take some long bike trips and meet you in Northern Miss for some camping on a weekend.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

I've canoed and catfished on the Susquehana a few times(Maryland part), quite a few years ago. Legend has it, they have monster size catfish near the dam.

I want to canoe the 'hooch, since it is less than a mile away
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #23
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Man, that brings back some memories. I did the 50 miler in the Boy Scouts when i was a kid on the Rifle River here in Michigan. I love canoeing. I would need to buy two boats though if I were to take my family. Perhaps I will have to get back with the Scout troop as a leader and participate that way. Loved those trips when I was a kid. I hope my son digs the scouts. Hard to find kids that like that shit but mostly has to do with the activity of the Troop. Boring troop and no one sticks around.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
Great pics, can tell you guys had a blast just from them. We're trying to get our pup to jump in my grandparent's pool, but he's too scared. If you, or anyone else, have any tips they'd be appreciated. My last lab loved the water even though we could only fill up a baby pool for him. That's awesome he tried to rescue the kid. Great pal you got there.

As a side.. I thought there was something on my screen when I looked at that fucked up y you typed..
When Manny was about a year old we were at the beach. My BiL's dog was diving in the pool and having a good time. Manny was whining b/c he was afraid to jump in the water.

I picked him up and tossed his ass in the deep end of the pool. My wife started freaking out b/c the dog was sinking. After a few seconds his instincts took over and he figured out how to swim.

Now, I can't keep him out of the water. He loves it. Was it the best way to introduce him to swimming? Maybe not...but it worked.

And I dont know how that symbol showed up above the "Y"...I was typing from my Blackberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I've canoed and catfished on the Susquehana a few times(Maryland part), quite a few years ago. Legend has it, they have monster size catfish near the dam.

I want to canoe the 'hooch, since it is less than a mile away
Good bass fishing up this way. Craw dads are king for bait....live or lure.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

sounds like a very cool trip. can't see the pics at work.

I love paddle trips, canoe or kayak.

I may end up like you in the water. going to try and take a boxer canoeing this year. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
sounds like a very cool trip. can't see the pics at work.

I love paddle trips, canoe or kayak.

I may end up like you in the water. going to try and take a boxer canoeing this year. LOL
It also had a lot to do with a somewhat inexperienced partner as well. But the water temp was nice and it was hot out. So not a big deal.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I've taken my little one on several kayaking trips, she loves it and will swim from me to Razor all day long. We havent taken the new pup out yet, I think she'll love it, but she's about 60 pounds of energy and a potential accident waiting to happen. I DONT like ending up in the river unless I do it myself.

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #28
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

That was AWESOME...particularly enjoyed the pics of Manny. What a great dog...you're lucky to have such a good friend to share trips like that with.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
That was AWESOME...particularly enjoyed the pics of Manny. What a great dog...you're lucky to have such a good friend to share trips like that with.
Thanks man. He is a great dog. He laid in the front of the boat when he wasnt swimming. Either had his head resting on my lap or out the front of the boat.

Here's more pics of the dog doing what he loves:

Quote:
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #30
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Damn you guys have me looking at canoes and kayaks again.
I can't afford another hobby right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I've taken my little one on several kayaking trips, she loves it and will swim from me to Razor all day long. We havent taken the new pup out yet, I think she'll love it, but she's about 60 pounds of energy and a potential accident waiting to happen. I DONT like ending up in the river unless I do it myself.

Lilly is 60ish pounds now too, and I imagine if I tried to get her in a small boat it'd be carnage and strife and watery doom in short order.