Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I was not talking to you

I was talking to shmike, he challenged whether $380K should be called rich, I challenged back.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #22
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I was not talking to you

I was talking to shmike, he challenged whether $380K should be called rich, I challenged back.

Hey...all I'm doing is giving you guys supporting information.

YOU SAID TO GOOGLE IT MUTHERFUCKER!!!!

Last time I try and be helpful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #23
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I was not talking to you

I didn't challenge whether or not that figure is rich.

That is what the OP calls rich, so that is what we are using in this thread. You want to come in and talk about offshore accounts, net worth calcs, etc.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I bet if we rephrased that it might....

Meanwhile, the smartest 1% of Americans -- those making $380,000 or more -- have seen their incomes grow 33% over the last 20 years, leaving average Americans in the dust.

Meanwhile, the Dumbest laziest 1% of Americans -- those making $20,000 or less-- have seen their incomes stagnate
The Kardashians made $65M last year. They must be geniuses.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
That first example is ridiculous:

Gay Pinder

Interesting how someone who works in the entertainment industry (at some shitsville media company) is in a CNN article about how she isn't doing as well as when she had a job at the School she attended.

also funny how she made this comment on 20hr ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social..._77680170.html

you cant have a name like Gay Pinder and NOT expect me to dig.
I thought the CNN article was reaching...No substance whatsoever. Something like I would attribute to a Fox report. When I saw Pinder, all I could think of is Lucy Pinder tho, what does that say about me?

However I do see some trends in the original article that are curious and evident, even if they don't have an easily acceptable cause. I think all things are cyclical and the gap between social and economic strata yo-yos back and forth...I mean look at the Hershey's, Biltmore's, and other tycoons of the industrial evolution...Come forward to the Gates and the buffets of modern times...

The transformation of the US workforce, outsourcing of jobs, decline of labor unions, taking of short term corporate profits to spite long term domestic economic gains, all make me wonder...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #26
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
The Kardashians made $65M last year. They must be geniuses.
Value added...Some of the most worthless people in the world take profits out of the US economy...How about a fashion tax? Or a plastic surgery tax?

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I didn't challenge whether or not that figure is rich.

That is what the OP calls rich, so that is what we are using in this thread. You want to come in and talk about offshore accounts, net worth calcs, etc.
He/she actually said that the "richest" 1% make $380K/yr.............She did not attempt to classify them as being part of "the rich".

But, if one were to attempt such a classification, then yes I would call the top 1% of any group of people the "top"..........If you get what I'm saying.

For example, nobody calls an 80-year old "middle-aged" anymore........They call him old/elderly/senior.

Similarly, I wouldn't call someone making $380K middle-class.

Sure, that person could be a young punk in his 20's, with few assets, but I already dicussed that in my earlier post. Someone is going to need to create a new definition of "rich/poor" that goes beyond just income, and takes into account net worth as well as what part of the country they live in, cost of living, occupational expenses, etc. And so far I haven't seen anyone do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman
The transformation of the US workforce, outsourcing of jobs, decline of labor unions, taking of short term corporate profits to spite long term domestic economic gains, all make me wonder...
Exactly. Pretty soon, unless you own your own company, the only job Americans will be able to get will be:

1) law enforcement/military
2) medicine/taking care of the old folks who haven't left this country for cheaper place to retire
3) teachers (teaching children of illegals)
4) banking & investing
5) entertainment, video games, athletics
6) low-level service jobs like waiting tables, cutting the grass of the CEO who outsourced your accounting job, etc.

Meanwhile all the higher-paying jobs like accounting, programming, engineering, etc will be outsourced in search of a better bottom line for the shareholders (and higher salaries for CEOs and SVP's who came up with those plans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun
Hey...all I'm doing is giving you guys supporting information.

YOU SAID TO GOOGLE IT MUTHERFUCKER!!!!
You came with an article focusing only on capital income........Not sure how the topic became income from investments. Quit bringing the weaksauce.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-18-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #28
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I supplied link to census
You posted two links I came back with sources for both original article and one of your articles because the original supplied links smelled like hamster piss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #29
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
What do you do for a living?
You say you haven't had a pay increase in 25 years or that you are just keeping pace with inflation and no more...
I've had more jobs than I care to admit. Left a good paying job to attend motorcycle mechanics school (GIANT effing mistake), but mainly work in warehouse/production, blue collar jobs.
The job I have now pays the same as one I had 10 years ago. Rent has gone up by $200 dollars a month, utilities have almost doubled and we won't touch the price of food.

So no, not keeping up with inflation by any means.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #30
kenshapiro2002
Squid

Hey Pauldumb,

Where did you learn to read? I just read the same article and you got it completely backwards. She used to work in entertainment and now works for the school she used to attend...completely the opposite of what you're saying.

You're compelled to make fun of the name "Gay"? Hmmm...a homophobe rides what?

Quote:
That first example is ridiculous:

Gay Pinder

Interesting how someone who works in the entertainment industry (at some shitsville media company) is in a CNN article about how she isn't doing as well as when she had a job at the School she attended.

also funny how she made this comment on 20hr ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social..._77680170.html

you cant have a name like Gay Pinder and NOT expect me to dig.
kenshapiro2002 is offline   Reply With Quote