Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #21
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Home depot or Lowes...Dont make us take the man card away for not tool shopping or making the tool you need...Buy the socket and then insert the allen wrench...lol

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #22
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
Home depot or Lowes...Dont make us take the man card away for not tool shopping or making the tool you need...Buy the socket and then insert the allen wrench...lol

%^&%$#$ you go find me a 20mm allen! If it were that easy to find, I would have already done that and called it a day!!! LOL

Home Depot and Loews don't carry what I need in that size. And I already have a 20mm socket. The allen key is the pain in the ass to find.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
You don't read so well do ya? LOL I want it for TORQUING DOWN the nut when I put the motor back together. I don't recall seeing a torque arm or torque dial on any of the vise grips in my tool box.

Thanks for lookin' and checking. I looked at the MotionPro stuff already. :/

Found this.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-2-SQ-Drive-H...#ht_500wt_1075

I'll order it tonight if nobody comes up with something more....local. LOL
No I don't but if you want to get smart! You can buy a 20mm bolt and a bunch of nuts and then torque it down with a fucking socket and torque wrench! Nyahh!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
No I don't but if you want to get smart! You can buy a 20mm bolt and a bunch of nuts and then torque it down with a fucking socket and torque wrench! Nyahh!
Thought about that, and that would be a worst case deal. Anybody can monkey it. I prefer to do my shit right. haha. Neener neener!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Thought about that, and that would be a worst case deal. Anybody can monkey it. I prefer to do my shit right. haha. Neener neener!
Just cause I'm black don't make me a monkey... Well, fine go pay a bunch of money for a tool that you'll probably use once in your entire life.... Not to mention that your project must now wait for overseas shipping.... BTW you were right, I didn't bother to read past the first post...
Old 01-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #26
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Just cause I'm black don't make me a monkey... Well, fine go pay a bunch of money for a tool that you'll probably use once in your entire life.... Not to mention that your project must now wait for overseas shipping.... BTW you were right, I didn't bother to read past the first post...
My use of the word monkey had nothing to do with you. It's what I say when I'm not doing something *by the book* or the right way.

Didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. If I did, I apologize.

My project is already waiting on overseas shipping, thanks to quite a few parts that are enroute from Ducati. I'm just impatient. LOL

My toolbox is full of tools that I've used only once. However, quite a few of my friends have used them only once also, so I don't consider it wasted money.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #27
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Monkey wrench has nothing to do with what color a person is!

Concerning the origin of its name, this story has been repeated in several publications in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries:

That handy tool, the "monkey-wrench", is not so named because it is a handy thing to monkey with, or for any kindred reason. "Monkey" is not its name at all, but "Moncky." Charles Moncky, the inventor of it, sold his patent for $2000, and invested the money in a house in Williamsburg, Kings County, where he now lives.[1]

In his interesting article upon the genesis of machine design, Mr. W.H. Sargent spoke of the slide which moves up and down in the handle of a monkey wrench as resembling a toy monkey, and thereby drew an analogy. To this Mr. H.E. Madden writes: "The wrench is not named from this, neither is it so called because it is a handy thing to 'monkey' with. The right name is 'Moncky.' Charles Moncky, the inventor of it, sold his patent for $2,000, and invested the money in a house in Williamsburg, Kings County, N.Y., where he afterward lived.[2]
Old 01-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #28
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

I had to buy a 3/4" nut/bolt combo to actually fit inside the GSXRs from wheel to prevent it from spinning when I needed to get the front axle and wheel off.

Because no one makes a 1" or equal measurement allen head either.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I had to buy a 3/4" nut/bolt combo to actually fit inside the GSXRs from wheel to prevent it from spinning when I needed to get the front axle and wheel off.

Because no one makes a 1" or equal measurement allen head either.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0397/
Old 01-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #30
was92v
Nowhere Man

a 3/4"" in a pinch.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote