Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Well what if it's mounted on a car, and he keeps his car parked outdoors all the time? I'm not seeing the difference.

It sounds like you guys are blaming retailers for selling old tires.....What do you expect them to do, throw them out after a couple years and take a loss?
Tires sitting around period is bad. Only time I really let tires sit is off season. So summers sit in my garage during the winter and the winters sit for the warm months.

I'm not blaming them but a customer can refuse to buy them if they are too old. It will maake it hard for small stores because with most products you pay less if you buy more. They might not be able to move enough to do that. One way around that is to have tire warehouses that hold tires for a number of stores. They could call over and have them dropped off. The auto parts stores could start carrying tires. This could solve some of the proble$s for them.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #22
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

There are alot of tires sitting around out there between the manufacturer, the warehouse/wholesaler, and retailer. Sitting somewhere dark and cool with mold release on them shouldnt be a worry. It is once they get heat cycled a couple times that the rubber really degrades.

Bike tires have a good shelf life too, until they get heat cycled. Then the traction falls off quickly and the dry rott begins in earnest.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I checked my winters just fir the hell of it. Mine were built in 3808. I bought them in Nov 08 I think.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote