Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I rooted my Droid... and prior to... if I just let the phone be... it'd last about 24hrs... if I fucked around on it... (come on... lots of shit to find on the market) it'd last like 8...

but with it being rooted... I now can over clock or under clock my processor... so when I've got it on standby... I have it set to run at no more than 250mhz... or if the temp gets above 100F... if I'm using it at anything over 50% bat... it's over clocked to 1ghz. at 50% it drops to 600mhz

the processor is a 600mhz... Motorola under clocked it to 550... some nuts have them running at 1.3ghz!

but now with the phone at 250mhz at night... I can go 3 days with out charging if I only use it for calls now and again...
What a lot of reviewers seem to want to ignore is that there are several ways to extend the life of your battery. Turning off WiFi and BT when not in use, plus my dumb ass bought both the car dock and the desk dock for my phone so who cares about battery life?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
What a lot of reviewers seem to want to ignore is that there are several ways to extend the life of your battery. Turning off WiFi and BT when not in use, plus my dumb ass bought both the car dock and the desk dock for my phone so who cares about battery life?
yup... also GPS will help too... and turning your screen to 50% rather than 100%

that's what kills my battery the most... the fucking screen!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #23
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I often turn my normal cell phone off at night. Anybody of importance that needs me in an emergency situation has my home phone. Other than that, fuck the drunk bitches that butt dial me at 4 in the morning....

I am getting an Incredible when they ship again 7/13. How do you like it. Are you experiencing any touch sensativity problems?
I read about those problems but havent experienced it at all, and I spend a solid 5-8 hours a night on it. I love this phone man, it blows me away. I haven't used my laptop to surf the net once since I got it a week ago. Makes the iPhone look like an etchasketch.

The battery is a non-issue for me. I don't mind carrying a battery spare, and I'm good about charging it.

Hey, can someone explain rooting to me? Is it like jailbreaking?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I read about those problems but havent experienced it at all, and I spend a solid 5-8 hours a night on it. I love this phone man, it blows me away. I haven't used my laptop to surf the net once since I got it a week ago. Makes the iPhone look like an etchasketch.

The battery is a non-issue for me. I don't mind carrying a battery spare, and I'm good about charging it.

If you don't understand it, don't try to do it on the incredible. It's really hard for a root and not worth it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

yes... it's like jailbreaking... Android runs on the Linux Kernal... so to get Rooted means to get Admin privileges...
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If you don't understand it, don't try to do it on the incredible. It's really hard for a root and not worth it yet.
yeah... the root for my Droid was fucking simple... because it's been out for a year... the incredible was rooted for the first time like last month... and they haven't come out with that many apps to make it worthwhile.

to be honest... I when Froyo comes out... I'll go back to the official version... as it's going to fix every little issue I had with the Droid other than battery life... and like Tigger... I have three wall chargers and a car charger (err bike charger)
Old 06-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #27
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

I wish they would release a linux version of my car tuner software so I can do all my logging and fuel map adjustments with my phone.

I can't wait to be nerd wearing one of these though...

http://www.yankodesign.com/2010/05/2...-on-our-wrist/
Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
yeah... the root for my Droid was fucking simple... because it's been out for a year... the incredible was rooted for the first time like last month... and they haven't come out with that many apps to make it worthwhile.

to be honest... I when Froyo comes out... I'll go back to the official version... as it's going to fix every little issue I had with the Droid other than battery life... and like Tigger... I have three wall chargers and a car charger (err bike charger)
Try like last week. It's not even fully rooted yet. They haven't gotten through nand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #29
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Good advice! Thanks dude.

Hey, is there an app for this forum?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I thought Froyo is already out
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote