Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #21
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I'm not going to help people get rich just by me joining something. Fucking Trip. Where's my rebate check for joining this shitty forum?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #22
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

FB sucks now because even if you have someone hidden, if someone else you know comments on their stuff you still see it. You can't actually hide people anymore. Unfortunately I've made a bunch of enemies this past year and I don't have any desire to deal with their crap.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
I never hear anything positive that results from facebook - EVER! ..
So I wonder why millions of members who have been on it for years keep staying even though according to you it's impossible to have a positive experience with it

And good luck finding people with common background by flipping thru the phone book. Who the hell is listed in a phone book nowdays anyway?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #24
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
FB sucks now because even if you have someone hidden, if someone else you know comments on their stuff you still see it. You can't actually hide people anymore. Unfortunately I've made a bunch of enemies this past year and I don't have any desire to deal with their crap.
Do you want me to drive over there and punch someone in the face for you? I offered to with the drama ex GF and you wouldn't let me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So I wonder why millions of members who have been on it for years keep staying even though according to you it's impossible to have a positive experience with it

And good luck finding people with common background by flipping thru the phone book. Who the hell is listed in a phone book nowdays anyway?
Homes are you on FB?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #25
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
forums are direct descendants from bulletin boards that I helped fucking make..
I'm less interested in this topic and your rant and more interested in this. Which BBS software did you help fucking make? I used to run some midnight boards years ago in college. I've been around since the days of my Atari 400 w/accoustic coupling 300 baud modem and echo net. Used to incite flame wars with people before trolling was ever a term. lol

Who else here was into ANSI art?

Last edited by LeeNetworX; 07-15-2010 at 08:53 AM..
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #26
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Not if you block them vs. just hiding them. You won't see their shit, and they won't see your shit, even if you're both posting on mutual friends' stuff.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I like it as a place to keep in touch with people, cuz I suck at that, but I rarely post anything other than pictures and an email from time to time.

It drives me insane to see the crap that people put on there tho, I dont CARE that you are a 35 year old woman obsessed with Twilight who has to update every 30 seconds, I dont need to know everytime your kid pulls themselves up on a new piece of furniture, or that you arent getting out of bed because you're a lazy ass...and the list goes on...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:

Who said anything about finding people with a common background in a phonebook? You are facebook material aren't you? Probably shop at walmart too.. mfp.. The point of the phone book is for old "friends" to find you there flapjack not to social network.. Go drink your kool aid and get a swine flu vaccination.. the finding people with a common background is what something like this forum is for - and without all the bullshit of facebook..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I'm less interested in this topic and your rant and more interested in this. Which BBS software did you help fucking make? I used to run some midnight boards years ago in college. I've been around since the days of my Atari 400 w/accoustic coupling 300 baud modem and echo net. Used to incite flame wars with people before trolling was ever a term. lol

Who else here was into ANSI art?
Ever heard of Mnet? Probably not. All I can say is Mnet and Red Ninja. Other than that its classified. If you have been around as long as you say then you can fill in the blanks. I think you were catching the wave awhile after I was already on the beach though.

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

"classified"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #30
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
"classified"
Zeitgeist movement! Drink your coolaid Slice. (even though it was flavour aid, but that's classified!)
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote