Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Internet here is $80 by itself. Cable/internet package is $100. Cable/internet/phone brought it down to $90. Crazy thing is I never even hooked a phone up to it, but I got over 1000 calls incoming each month on my bill.

Was it a new number, or did you port over your existing one?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Internet here is $80 by itself. Cable/internet package is $100. Cable/internet/phone brought it down to $90. Crazy thing is I never even hooked a phone up to it, but I got over 1000 calls incoming each month on my bill.
You get 1,000 Telemarketers a Month...Fuck that Noise.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #23
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
High-def video is going to kill your cap, so yeah, it would never suffice for the regular TV watcher.
I have a Verizon LTE phone but they havent activated LTE in my home area yet. This Thanksgiving I went to my parent's place, where they do have LTE and I burned through 3 gigs in less than a week. Mostly downloading music and streaming video.

Id love to cut the cable cord but I DVR a lot of shows and watch a lot of live sports and I just cant do it yet. If I can get something like GoogleTV with a built in DVR and ESPN HD, I might do it.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
I have a Verizon LTE phone but they havent activated LTE in my home area yet. This Thanksgiving I went to my parent's place, where they do have LTE and I burned through 3 gigs in less than a week. Mostly downloading music and streaming video.
Yeah you can take two guys watching the same HD video, same resolution, and same amount of time, and the guy with 4G will have downloaded more data than the guy with 3G. Even if it didn't noticeably improve quality.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #25
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post

Id love to cut the cable cord but I DVR a lot of shows and watch a lot of live sports and I just cant do it yet. If I can get something like GoogleTV with a built in DVR and ESPN HD, I might do it.

That's my Issue as well, Live sports.

Maybe one day...
Old 12-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #26
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

The problem with all these companies moving towards the internet is the internet providers ripping people off and capping us. Hear about people stream all their vids and shows, but that shit adds up quick and even quicker if its HD.

Someone is gonna have to step in and fuck over the web providers.

Im gonna go postal if cloud gaming actually takes off.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 12-09-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #27
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
The problem with all these companies moving towards the internet is the internet providers ripping people off and capping us. Hear about people stream all their vids and shows, but that shit adds up quick and even quicker if its HD.

Someone is gonna have to step in and fuck over the web providers.

Im gonna go postal if cloud gaming actually takes off.
Yeah, Comcast has a 150 Gig Cap per month. When I had Verizon Fios I was not aware of a monthly cap.

But I agree that shit is stupid...Same thing with the Cell Phone caps they have now.

Why so against cloud storage for gaming?
Old 12-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #28
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Yeah, Comcast has a 150 Gig Cap per month. When I had Verizon Fios I was not aware of a monthly cap.

But I agree that shit is stupid...Same thing with the Cell Phone caps they have now.

Why so against cloud storage for gaming?
I've already given in to Steam. I want to "own" my shit. Not do something that they dont like and then some company has the right to take away "my" property. We all might as well go rent an ipad for 72 months @ $20 a month.

I'm surprised M$ doesnt stop "selling" xbox's and start "renting" them out. The sad thing is people would allow it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #29
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Was it a new number, or did you port over your existing one?
I have never in my adult life had a house phone, there is no reason for it. I'm thinking that its either close to another popular number and people missdial, or it was someone really popular number. Either way I don't care because without a phone hooked to it, it doesn't actually ring
Old 12-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #30
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I've already given in to Steam. I want to "own" my shit. Not do something that they dont like and then some company has the right to take away "my" property. We all might as well go rent an ipad for 72 months @ $20 a month.

I'm surprised M$ doesnt stop "selling" xbox's and start "renting" them out. The sad thing is people would allow it.
Steam is annoying. Even a completely offline game like Skyrim requires me to log in and look at their ads to play my game.