Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
The only thing I miss in maps is traffic ahead if me to decide which route I take.
It shows traffic details. Not as nice as google, but it does have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 AM   #22
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

iOS6 doesn't allow all features of bluetooth connectivity to my Pioneer head unit in my truck like iOS5 did. But I have an iPhone 5 now so I have to await the fix, can't downgrade. It only allows me to stream the music, the displayed song info, play/pause feature, fast fwd/rew features do not work. I can stream it to my unit but I have to use the actual phone to control everything except volume, basically. Apple is aware of it, I guess bluetooth connectivity for ear pieces are fucked too.

LTE is fast as fuck. Love it.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #23
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

LTE is nuts. It's faster than my home connection.

I have my playlists set up so there's nothing to skip while working out.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post

lol, you home connection sucks, my 100mbps at home is definitely faster than any commercial LTE.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #25
jtemple
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
lol, you home connection sucks, my 100mbps at home is definitely faster than any commercial LTE.
Showoff.

I just started a new job that requires that I work from home. They might kick in some money for a faster connection. It would triple my speed and cost me no more money. Plus, the part I do pay for may be a tax write off.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #26
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Showoff.

I just started a new job that requires that I work from home. They might kick in some money for a faster connection. It would triple my speed and cost me no more money. Plus, the part I do pay for may be a tax write off.
If you are working from home you can also deduct expenses for maintaining and using your home office (area). Things like your computer, desk / chair, office supplies, the electricity used to run it, etc. This is all assuming you aren't reimbursed for these things by your employer. If you use a program like Turbo Tax or Tax Cut for your taxes they have sections with calculators to help you with this.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #27
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:

I didn't realize when I got the phone that the 4s wasn't the 4g LTE-alpha bravo sierra nevada whatever. I'm actually thinking of trying to take it back and exchange it for hte 5. My phones last for 2-3 years and since I'm at school 150miles away from my fiance, we mentioned it'd be nice to video chat via the 4g network vs the 3g. She travels on business a lot too and hotel connections reaaaaaally suck. With Verizon, if you your the facetime it will use the 4g network but not count it as data useage.

She's going to get a new phone soon and it'll be a 4g one. Figured it'd make sense for us to go ahead and bite the $100 difference.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #28
jtemple
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
If you are working from home you can also deduct expenses for maintaining and using your home office (area). Things like your computer, desk / chair, office supplies, the electricity used to run it, etc. This is all assuming you aren't reimbursed for these things by your employer. If you use a program like Turbo Tax or Tax Cut for your taxes they have sections with calculators to help you with this.
I'm all up on that. I have an accountant (father-in-law) that does my taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I didn't realize when I got the phone that the 4s wasn't the 4g LTE-alpha bravo sierra nevada whatever. I'm actually thinking of trying to take it back and exchange it for hte 5. My phones last for 2-3 years and since I'm at school 150miles away from my fiance, we mentioned it'd be nice to video chat via the 4g network vs the 3g. She travels on business a lot too and hotel connections reaaaaaally suck. With Verizon, if you your the facetime it will use the 4g network but not count it as data useage.

She's going to get a new phone soon and it'll be a 4g one. Figured it'd make sense for us to go ahead and bite the $100 difference.
Look into that a bit closer. I'm not sure FaceTime is doable without wifi. There were rumors that they were going to enable it over cellular, but I don't think it happened.

There's an app called VTok that let's you google video chat on ios, though. Not sure if it got updated with ios6.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Facetime is allowed over 4G. Verizon got fined for not allowing video chat. They have to allow it, but it does use a lot of data if you are on a shared data plan.

Smittie, I would definitely go return the 4s as fast as you can to get a 5 for just LTE alone.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #30
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Facetime is allowed over 4G. Verizon got fined for not allowing video chat. They have to allow it, but it does use a lot of data if you are on a shared data plan.

Smittie, I would definitely go return the 4s as fast as you can to get a 5 for just LTE alone.
I read that AT&T allows Facetime over 4G but ONLY on the family shared data plan, not on unlimmited. So, the only way to use the data-intensive feature is on a plan where you will pay them after you go over limit.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote