Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #31
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

When I was younger I was always wanted those top dollar cars. I could care less now though since all I'd use it for is commuting. What the hell is he gonna use it for? Most likely the same damn thing. If his parents are willing to throw down that kind of cash for a commuter then good for them. I'm happy with my $5000 car that accomplishes the same goal. Actually, I want something a little less family oriented, but you get my point.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #32
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Wow. I wonder how the parents can afford something like that.
Full ride scholarship. The folks had probably been saving up to send him to school. Now that he gets a scholly to play for the mighty fightin' aggy farmers they spend their money on the car instead. Plus he might have wealthy parents to begin with. I didn't register at that forum but I know one of the kids that committed to A&M is Jake Matthews, Bruce Matthew's son. Bruce was a multi-year Pro-Bowler in the NFL, so he wouldn't exactly be hurting for money.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #33
thunderex
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
WTF is a super snake?

Yeah, Southeast Asians maybe......The Chinese, Koreans & Japanese tend to keep their kids more in line

Other than his football scholarship I don't see anything special in terms of accomplishments.
Dude, for real? Hong Kongers and Koreans are some of the most ostentatious people you'll meet. They're like Persians, just yellow. Even mainlanders can get crazy. My cousin just built a 10,000 sf house in Jersey. WTF?

I saw a Hong Kong kid in Vegas a long time back. He couldn't have been much more than 23-years-old with his little rich buddies. He was playing Roulette with Black ($100) chips. Who plays Roulette with black chips? One of my wife's good friends in Korean. Those motherfuckers will spend some money. Her friend doesn't think twice about walking into a store on 5th or Broadway during her lunch break and dropping $5k on a purse.

Last edited by thunderex; 01-04-2010 at 12:37 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Well it's true they love their brand names
I guess I was talking more about how their parents would raise their kids......Not how osetentatious their country at large is. From what I've seen/heard, Asian parents don't seem to spoil their kids as much as whites do. Which makes sense if you think about it, because most well-off Asian Americans started from scratch after moving here, instead of being born into money.

I dunno, a kid getting a Viper or Lambo seems like something only white or black parents would do. Asian kids would get a Mercedes or BMW instead

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-04-2010 at 02:46 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #35
thunderex
Kneedragger

As you might know Slice, I'm First Generation Chinese. And you're right mostly about the families that move here but spoiled kids pop up everywhere. Asians get a bit more credit than they're due here in the States because a high percentage of Asians (at least Chinese) who emigrate here do so to get a college education. Obviously that's not a fair representation of the whole race.

But it's somewhat true overall. A lot of our family friends - the family situation is that the parents are incredibly cheap so they have a ton of cash but they have really shitty stuff. The parents can have millions in liquid assets but still have a janky old couch covered in plastic and a car that smells funny with stained carpets. I suppose that's the smart way to go for the well-being of your whole family but most of the kids of those parents I know like to live it up just a little bit more.

Funny story unrelated to the kid thing: A friend of mine went to a BMW dealership because she basically only drives Bimmers. She's a middle-aged Jewish woman. She was buying a 5-series at the time I think. Anyway, she said "Hey, there's the new M3. Maybe I'll test drive that one." The salesman said "Ma'am, why would you want to drive an M3? You're not a twenty-something Asian man." She cracked up when she told me that because I had just bought my M3 that year.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #36
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

That does seem to be the case....Asian men go for the 3-series, while 6 and 7 series are pretty much white-only in my experience. 5 series get a mix of everyone.

Mercedes seems to pull in a lot of Asian women.

As for Lexus and Infiniti, funny thing is that the only ones that seem to pull Asians are the IS (for 20-something Asian men) and the ES (for middle-aged Asian women). All the other models seem to be driven by mostly whites & blacks.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #37
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yep I'm jealous but must admit...I didn't get a scholarship...did get into trouble...made ok grades...did drink...I didn't smoke tobacco but did smoke sometimes and also tried a few other things. Oh yeah...I got tickets too.

However I'm much older...wiser and more mature now and...oh well nevermind.

that was exactly where I was in school except i smoked tobacco and not the other stuff.

no one told me I could end up with that if I stayed on the right path though.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #38
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderex View Post
Funny story unrelated to the kid thing: A friend of mine went to a BMW dealership because she basically only drives Bimmers. She's a middle-aged Jewish woman. She was buying a 5-series at the time I think. Anyway, she said "Hey, there's the new M3. Maybe I'll test drive that one." The salesman said "Ma'am, why would you want to drive an M3? You're not a twenty-something Asian man." She cracked up when she told me that because I had just bought my M3 that year.
Dude, you cracked me up a while back, and you weren't even there. I remembered your story about how a light went on Porsche salesmen's desks when a producer got a TV show picked up to get a black 911 cabrio Tiptronic ready for sale. My neighbor is a TV producer...he drives a black 911 cabrio Tiptronic I saw that I was like dude...he was right!

He recently traded it in...on another black 911 cabrio.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #39
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
That does seem to be the case....Asian men go for the 3-series, while 6 and 7 series are pretty much white-only in my experience. 5 series get a mix of everyone.

Mercedes seems to pull in a lot of Asian women.

As for Lexus and Infiniti, funny thing is that the only ones that seem to pull Asians are the IS (for 20-something Asian men) and the ES (for middle-aged Asian women). All the other models seem to be driven by mostly whites & blacks.
Jesus Christ is your side of the country fucked up beyond all recognition.
IS Series is a total estrogen mobile. I don't think they are allowed to sell it men as per Lexus reg's. Sure the older IS300's are popular with the kids on the used car market but that's the original model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
the negligible weight gain was between the GT500 3917lbs and the Supersnake 3944lbs.

As for the supersnake there are a couple of them around here, and for the money, they are not worth it. They put out 605hp to the wheels, which is impressive, but they still handle like a mustang, and have no traction, so they are only as fast as a 422hp Camaro.

For that money, you would be better off getting a used 911 C4S or something.
I love mustangs because they are a good performance to dollar car. Once they get expensive they are useless to me.

Yep...I agree pretty much with all of this.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote