Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #31
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I'll rack up 5K driving from AK to Mississippi in Feb... figure 7k total till I have a bike... and I hope by Xmas next year... It's still sitting at 7k for the year... and my bike is over 30k

Maybe you should try to make plans that aren't so crazy.... I mean, we know what happened last time... and it was all down to trying to do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaay too much at once!

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #32
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
yup... I was so out of it I didn't even realize wtf was happening until I was sliding on the ground... retarded.
Stop Staring at tits and you'll be ok.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #33
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Maybe you should try to make plans that aren't so crazy.... I mean, we know what happened last time... and it was all down to trying to do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaay too much at once!
it was more trying to do too much with to tight a schedule... but yeah... I had several 600-800 mile days on that trip.... after not riding for a year it was too much... took it's toll.. but above that... I felt like I couldn't enjoy the area's I was riding!... so my trips now rarely have a 550 mile day... 7-9hrs of riding...

and yes... i have SEVERAL trips planned... to Newfoundland, to Vancouver Island, to San Diego are a couple...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #34
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Yeah, thats the problem with the super tours, you bust your ass to put in mega miles, but at the end of the road you realise how much you missed. Thats how I felt after the last day of one of our big trips last year, when we busted right aroun 550 home. I felt like the 250-400 mile days were so much more of an experience, just because you got to take it all in a lot better.

WOS Forums
Old 12-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #35
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Yeah, thats the problem with the super tours, you bust your ass to put in mega miles, but at the end of the road you realise how much you missed. Thats how I felt after the last day of one of our big trips last year, when we busted right aroun 550 home. I felt like the 250-400 mile days were so much more of an experience, just because you got to take it all in a lot better.
yeah I'm not so concerned about racking up miles on the trip as seeing different things via two wheels... stay off interstates as much as possible... and really see America. I'm hope'n I can get approved for 20 days off this comming year or next... to hit up Newfoundland... just take my time... meet a couple of you fuckers along the way
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #36
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
yeah I'm not so concerned about racking up miles on the trip as seeing different things via two wheels... stay off interstates as much as possible... and really see America. I'm hope'n I can get approved for 20 days off this comming year or next... to hit up Newfoundland... just take my time... meet a couple of you fuckers along the way
You let me know if that Goes through...I'll go out of my way to have a Drink with Ya...Or you could just pass through jersey right quick and say hi
Old 12-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #37
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Quote:
Yeah, thats the way to do it for sure.

I would love to just have a destination... no time restraints, no route planned, no anything. Just an end point.

WOS Forums
Old 12-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #38
spierce
Kneedragger

Moto: 2007 GSXR 600

I just want to go to a track day that is my Number one bike resolution.
spierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #39
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Ok, one more to my list. I would like to do my first day at the supermoto track this year...

WOS Forums
Old 12-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #40
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
You let me know if that Goes through...I'll go out of my way to have a Drink with Ya...Or you could just pass through jersey right quick and say hi
will do
Quote:
Yeah, thats the way to do it for sure.

I would love to just have a destination... no time restraints, no route planned, no anything. Just an end point.
well I'll have a few Points of Interest along the way... like DC, a few nice roads I've been pointed to, Niagara Falls, ect..... but yeah... I'm not gonna use a pre planned route.