Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #31
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I crashed my 1125R right in the middle of H-D dumping Buell. Not only did Erik personally respond to my E mail about parts for the rebuild, he handled the transaction, shipped the parts, and the installation tool personally, all while setting up Erik Buell Racing. He ever builds another street bike again I will buy it.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #32
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I crashed my 1125R right in the middle of H-D dumping Buell. Not only did Erik personally respond to my E mail about parts for the rebuild, he handled the transaction, shipped the parts, and the installation tool personally, all while setting up Erik Buell Racing. He ever builds another street bike again I will buy it.
The guy is a class act.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #33
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I recently got a message on FB from him wishing me safe travels on my deployment, and thanking me for my service...
And I've never met the guy in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well it's not like he has anything better to do.... Hell, I'm surprised that he didn't bring the parts to your house and help you install them! Couldn't resist...

On a slightly serious note, he has to feel for you guys that bought your bikes mere weeks before the announcement and subsequent "fire sale"...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #35
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I don't see Mr. Toyoda sending personal E mails to Prius owners. Didn't get a call from Rossi when I dumped my Yamaha. No one from Hammatsu called and offered me special parts for my SV, and I was llightweight champ...

Arkriders.com
Old 03-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I don't see Mr. Toyoda sending personal E mails to Prius owners. Didn't get a call from Rossi when I dumped my Yamaha. No one from Hammatsu called and offered me special parts for my SV, and I was llightweight champ...
Yea I know but there's a difference between a company that sell 2,000 bikes a year and car and bike companies that sell millions... Bimota hand delivers every bike and if it needs service or maintenance, they pick it up. Something like that anyway.... There are definitely advantages to buying from a smaller company. Hey, I got my email answered by the president of J&M when I had problems with my Integrator.... I doubt the president of Chatterbox would drop you a note if your XBi2 craps out.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #37
smileyman
White Trash Hero

That's a selling point with some folks. People over product. Service over features or maybe as a feature...

Arkriders.com
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #38
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

It's too bad that HD had them scrapped. Erik could have turned up some good coin if he would have been able to auction off these "limited edition" bikes.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #39
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
I recently got a message on FB from him wishing me safe travels on my deployment, and thanking me for my service...
And I've never met the guy in person.
Thats awesome. Love that guy. A guy like Erik Buell will get my support all day.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #40
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea I know but there's a difference between a company that sell 2,000 bikes a year and car and bike companies that sell millions... Bimota hand delivers every bike and if it needs service or maintenance, they pick it up. Something like that anyway.... There are definitely advantages to buying from a smaller company. Hey, I got my email answered by the president of J&M when I had problems with my Integrator.... I doubt the president of Chatterbox would drop you a note if your XBi2 craps out.
give bimota enough cash and they will build one offs for you. I used to have a pic of this crazy looking green beast with tesi suspension
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote