Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #31
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
I have had phones similar to all three of those. I had an HTC touch pro and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Windows mobile sucked awfully. I had an xv6900 which is similar to the ozone. If it doesn't have a keyboard don't consider it. iPhone people don't flip out--the reason the iPhone no-key keyboard works is because the keyboard is capacitive and most others are not. I have a storm and I have a tour for work. The tour is nice--would be better with wifi, but other than that I quite like it. Blackberry can build the Storm MCMLXVII and I wouldn't buy no matter what.

I would wait because if the Motorola android devices are delivered this year they may be worth the wait. The verizon device is code named Shules and can be seen a the Boy Genius report. Motorola is betting the farm on Android to save the handset division before they split the company in two. If it bombs they may not get another chance.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...torola-shules/

What provider did you have the Touch Pro with? I've had an Alltel and verizon version. The verizon version sucks.

The gps is locked so they can get money off their Vnav, the cpu is slower, and has less ram.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #32
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

Yeah I have a friend with the touch pro, but he has metro. He's happy with it. But I know they always run differently depending on the provider. I've watched some video reviews of the storm 2 and all the reviewers are saying it's 1000x better than the storm and is a great phone. They showed that even on an old OS that it comes with in the box, it runs faster than the storm with the newest version.

So I might give that a try. Ideally I want the iphone, but I'm not willing to switch providers for it. So if I hear any word that verizon will be getting it while I'm waiting, I'll hold out until then.
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #33
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
What provider did you have the Touch Pro with? I've had an Alltel and verizon version. The verizon version sucks.

The gps is locked so they can get money off their Vnav, the cpu is slower, and has less ram.
I had the Verizon version which is different than the Sprint one. The Verizon one has less CPU and memory (as you mentioned). I was able to get a cooked ROM to use the GPS, but I restored it and sold it on eBay for good money.

If you want to stay with Verizon, wait a bit, because I think the Android phones may be announced tomorrow and available before Thanksgiving.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #34
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
I had the Verizon version which is different than the Sprint one. The Verizon one has less CPU and memory (as you mentioned). I was able to get a cooked ROM to use the GPS, but I restored it and sold it on eBay for good money.

If you want to stay with Verizon, wait a bit, because I think the Android phones may be announced tomorrow and available before Thanksgiving.
You still got that rom?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #35
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

Wellll, Jarv and I got new phones a few weeks ago. He waited for the HTC Touch Pro 2 to get in stock (he waited about a week or so, it was back in stock for a whole day, which was when he ordered it, and has been out of stock since), and I got the HTC Imagio. I was really happy with it until one day the phone was telling me I had 1 new text message, which I couldn't find. I went through every folder, every text thread and found nothing that hadn't been read yet. The only thing suspicious that I had found was what appeared to be a thread with myself. It had a text in it that I sent to Jarv, and he received it, but for some reason it was put in a thread with myself, and did not show up in his thread.

I tried turning the phone off and back on, I tried taking out the battery, I deleted every message and conversation, clearing everything out, and that damn "1" just wouldn't go away.

I went to verizon and the tech guy did all the same things I did, and finally came out of his back room and said he couldn't figure it out and all he could offer me was to replace the phone, if I still wanted it, explaining I may have gotten a defective one. He offered to transfer all my contacts and set up my e-mail again and put everything back the way it was, so I took the offer. He did however, say something about that he hates Windows Mobile, and I've heard that people either love it or hate it, they swear by Windows or by Blackberry. He then stopped himself saying he didn't hate it, that it was good, but this sort of thing tended to happen on their phones.

Anyway, he replaced my phone and everything has been fine. Then, the same thing happened with Jarv's Touch Pro 2. He went to verizon, just yesterday and since the phone is sold out, they couldn't replace his, so he had to back his phone up, and then reset it. When I was trying to play with his phone, I noticed the same thing, a message that was sent to me, and I received, but was filed in a thread with himself.

Now today, it has happened to me again. I again, found the same thread with myself holding a message that belongs somewhere else. And now that it has happened twice, I'm frustrated.

My 30 day trade-in period ends next week, on the 13th, so i need to make a decision soon. So I need opinions.

I'm considering just going to blackberry because of what the tech guy said. I'm worried to go to another windows phone and have it do the same shit. I'm liking the touch screen thing, and have heard the storm 2 is a huge improvement on the original. So that is an option.

Then of course, you have all been talking about the Android, which is coming out on Friday, the 6th.

Jarv has told me when he went to verizon, they didn't say it was windows mobile causing the problem that windows was the reason they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Argh, I'm going crazy here. Help please!
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Go droid

The storm2 isn't bad now that they got 5.0 OSes on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #37
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

HTC makes some great phones, I've had mine for almost 2 years and its finally starting to wear out from harder than normal use. I too had a problem with some of my texts dissapearing, brought it to a store tech and the guy hooked it to a computer and changed some settings and it never happened again.

Android really is the wave of the future, a few years and it will dwarf all other phone OSs (except ipod which will be a relevant force for years)
Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
HTC makes some great phones, I've had mine for almost 2 years and its finally starting to wear out from harder than normal use. I too had a problem with some of my texts dissapearing, brought it to a store tech and the guy hooked it to a computer and changed some settings and it never happened again.

Android really is the wave of the future, a few years and it will dwarf all other phone OSs (except ipod which will be a relevant force for years)
i dunno mang. my g1 has some interesting issues that make me leery of htc devices
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #39
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

HTC has some pimp ass phones. Wish the providers would supply more of them.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I'm sticking with Samsung... Every time I deviate from them I run into problems. I'm not saying that they are perfect but I seem to have less problems with their phones. Motorola can lick my nuts! I'm happy with my phone but it's not a smart phone per se'.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote