Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

There are office products that are compatible with word and the rest of ms office.

I haven't found a tablet solution to file management, but there are hard drives where you can dump your sd cards directly to the drive and it wipes the sd card. Just eliminate the computer from the process.

I have found the graphic keyboard on a big tablet is just as functional as any tiny ass netbook keyboard.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #32
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Interesting timing. I just ordered a new set-up so I can edit HD videos. I will not have use for my old system much longer and would like to see it go to good use. Short of editing h.264 files, it's been a titan and hasn't let me down.

Dell Inspiron (I think)

Windows XP Professional SP3
MS Office 2003 including MS Project, Visio, and Publisher
Pentium 4 3GHz
NVidia HD Graphics card

No monitor though - I have to keep that for my new set-up.

I worked and paid my way through school and would like to help someone out that's trying to better themselves. My new system gets here 11/30. Once I get all my fiels moved over, if you cover the cost of shipping she's all yours.
Correction, I have a 17" lcd monitor that could go with it. May throw in a 500GB external drive too, not sure it makes sense with the new system.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #33
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Seems like you can get a decent laptop 15.6" with 300-500GB HD and 4GB RAM for around $300. I heard walmart is going to have one for $280 on Black Friday.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #34
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

wow, faster, that's very kind. Let me know how much shipping is and I'll paypal it to you.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #35
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
wow, faster, that's very kind. Let me know how much shipping is and I'll paypal it to you.
Will do, man. My new PC should arrive Friday. I'll get it set up and copy everything I need over, then get a shipping quote to you.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #36
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Ok, got the new PC set up. Now all I'm waiting on is a new back-up drive, scheduled to arrive 12/1. As soon as I have that, I'll send you the old one (with my luck, I can't chance having a single copy of this stuff).

So here's the breakdown (in addition to what I listed above):
I updated MS Office to 2007 so you'll be able to open/work with the new XML formats for office docs (.docx, .xlsx, etc.)

I found the office 2010 I ordered did not include MS Project, that was a $900 add-on, so I have to keep the disc for MS project 2003. However, it is still installed on the PC.

Adobe Professional v7.1

80G + 500G internal hard drives (I put the OS on the 80G and used the 500G for My Documents)

500G Maxtor external back-up drive

Wireless card

I think that's about it as far as upgrades. Hope it treats you well!! PM me your address and I'll get it out to you 12/2. Once it's shipped, I'll PM you the cost and you can send to me when you can.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #37
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Quote:
Ok, got the new PC set up. Now all I'm waiting on is a new back-up drive, scheduled to arrive 12/1. As soon as I have that, I'll send you the old one (with my luck, I can't chance having a single copy of this stuff).

So here's the breakdown (in addition to what I listed above):
I updated MS Office to 2007 so you'll be able to open/work with the new XML formats for office docs (.docx, .xlsx, etc.)

I found the office 2010 I ordered did not include MS Project, that was a $900 add-on, so I have to keep the disc for MS project 2003. However, it is still installed on the PC.

Adobe Professional v7.1

80G + 500G internal hard drives (I put the OS on the 80G and used the 500G for My Documents)

500G Maxtor external back-up drive

Wireless card

I think that's about it as far as upgrades. Hope it treats you well!! PM me your address and I'll get it out to you 12/2. Once it's shipped, I'll PM you the cost and you can send to me when you can.
Got your PM. Sounds like a nice setup. I have Office 2010 that I got free from school. It doesn't have Project, but that's not anything I would use anyway.

I can't thank you enough.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #38
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Got your PM. Sounds like a nice setup. I have Office 2010 that I got free from school. It doesn't have Project, but that's not anything I would use anyway.

I can't thank you enough.
Ok, project is a resource hog so I'll uninstall that. I also have Visio 2003... does your Office 2010 include that? If not, would you have any use for it?

And no worries, I know what it's like to put yourself through school and have a lot of respect for you and what you doing while keeping your finances in check. It's not easy!

Last but not least, there is one other member here that took an interest in helping you out and has agreed to pick up the shipping charges. His only request was that he remain anonymous.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #39
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

That rocks. Great group we have here, sarcastic sonsabitches though we might be
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Quote:
Ok, project is a resource hog so I'll uninstall that. I also have Visio 2003... does your Office 2010 include that? If not, would you have any use for it?

And no worries, I know what it's like to put yourself through school and have a lot of respect for you and what you doing while keeping your finances in check. It's not easy!

Last but not least, there is one other member here that took an interest in helping you out and has agreed to pick up the shipping charges. His only request was that he remain anonymous.
No, my version of Office 2010 does not have Visio. After reading about it, I also would not have any use for it.

I don't know what to say. I can't thank you or the other person enough. I will definitely pay this forward to someone else, in some form.