Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Does anyone here really think your rates would go down if everyone had insurance? actually your rates would probably go up. it would mean more payouts by the companies. The payouts far outweigh the rates of a few slackers who currently don't have ins.
I think you're kidding yourself. My under/un-insured coverage is about twice what liability-only costs me. Meaning I would pay three times what I currently pay, just to cover other peoples' lack of responsibility. I have health ins. & paid-in-cash bikes without an accident claim in over a decade, so I'm taking that gamble rather than pay several hundred extra dollars a year.

I bet a big factor in the high u/ins. rates is that many of the people running around without ins. are also the douches that drive drunk.

Last edited by Kerry_129; 07-08-2009 at 12:44 PM..
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
A responsible person would phone the police if they knew somebody was breaking the law. Right?
Sure, within reason. There would have to be demonstrable proof, or you're wasting everyone's time.

For instance I found out after I was hit by that uninsured motorist that a whole patio bar full of people had witnessed him hit a parked vehicle, hard enough to knock it off its rear axle, in the same parking lot that he was exiting when he hit me two weeks before my incident. No one reported him, despite his being a delivery guy for a pizza place in the very same strip mall as the bar. It wasn't their car that was hit, so no one cared.

Imagine being the guy who is being loaded on a stretcher after going head on into a car and hearing that little gem.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #33
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
quick note to add. Of course it becomes your business when they hit you without insurance or damage your possession in some way through their lifes choices.

I'm just talking about in general, no direct influence on you, why do you need to know.

probably all of us on here would agree it's stupid not to have ins on everything you own. hell I pay full coverage rates on a truck that hardly ever leaves my driveway.
i know people who don't have ins. no way in hell am I going to try and pressure them into getting it or publicly announce to other people they don't have it. I know people who don't have a drivers license to, but I'm not calling the law on them. it's their choice. yes it's illegal, but it doesn't affect me. why call?
a non licensed and probably non insured driver doesn't affect you? I'm not following that. you like rolling the dice that they won't hit you? then it really becomes a big problem for you, they don't need to hit you. insurance pays out they pass it along.

guess guys wheeling down a busy road don't affect you either?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #34
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
being curious, wanting to know, is being nosy. Which im not a fan of either.

Being pissed about it like HH was, is uptight and senseless.
Can't all be perfect like you.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #35
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Can't all be perfect like you.

Keep trying, and some day it might happen.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #36
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
As far as the guy at the office asking about your personal tax info...fvck him...it is NONE of his business.
agree. things like that are personal information, not generally public knowledge.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #37
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Keep trying, and some day it might happen.
The program worked for you?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #38
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
a non licensed and probably non insured driver doesn't affect you? I'm not following that. you like rolling the dice that they won't hit you? then it really becomes a big problem for you, they don't need to hit you. insurance pays out they pass it along.

guess guys wheeling down a busy road don't affect you either?
no i have under/un insured mot ins. really how many times does that need to be said.

ok so let's these people get covered then i can drop that extra coverage right? no way in hell unless we stop letting illegal aliens get free licenses or drive without. there will always be a risk to you financially. you always need to protect your own assets. if your simply counting on laws or others insurance companies to protect you, that i would not understand.
they don't affect me unless they hit me. then we have a problem

insurance pays out so they pass it along? we're talking about people without ins here. the insurance wouldn't pay out, unless it was your insurance. what would be the difference if they had ins, oh yeah then their insurance would pay out and still pass it along.

this wasn't started just about car insurance more about life in general. why do people feel entitled to know so much about other people's personal business? why do they feel the need to "correct" other people from doing things that they don't approve of?
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #39
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I' a BIG believer in if you cant support yourself then there is no reason to be popping out kids. I'm 24 and not even close to considering getting married. Why in the hell would I want to drag my financial burdens onto someone else or even a child. Its selfishness.

Also theres no such thing as an accident birth unless a guy is walking around with a hard on and trips into a woman's vagina. Condoms dont cost much and they hand them out for free at clinics.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #40
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I' a BIG believer in if you cant support yourself then there is no reason to be popping out kids. I'm 24 and not even close to considering getting married. Why in the hell would I want to drag my financial burdens onto someone else or even a child. Its selfishness.

Also theres no such thing as an accident birth unless a guy is walking around with a hard on and trips into a woman's vagina. Condoms dont cost much and they hand them out for free at clinics.