Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I would repair it and not mention it. It's not worth it. If she had any common courtesy to begin with it would never have happened. You're not going to "teach" her manners whether you discuss the situation with her calmly or if you blow her head off in a verbal tirade. Why waste your time? Lesson learned.

"Never a lender nor a borrower be" Words of wisdom imho.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #32
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
No sister. I've seen her brother and that would be a BIG no thanks!
Everyone has a mom...
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #33
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

-Write her a really nice, polite note letting her know you were disappointed by the damage she caused to your bike, etc, etc.

-Affix said note to hefty brick with piece of string or a nice bow.

-Throw said brick through largest window in house/car.

- Fuck her sister.

- Post video.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #34
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Everyone has a mom...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #35
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
But... how do I do so tactfully...?
Take a look at your avatar for an idea on how to express yourself.

But, I am known to be blunt at times.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Take a look at your avatar for an idea on how to express yourself.

But, I am known to be blunt at times.

Jeff
Point taken.

We are going up to visit them at the new lodge over New Years so there will be plenty of time for me to be all of the above. Hopefully with a slight edge of Patron on... then I can do this.. and laugh about it later...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #37
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
A good friend of mine told me once after I got all PO'd about some money I loaned another friend and never did get back...I was getting more and more pissed off; especially because I was "in the right".

He told me that if I wanted to keep my friends, never loan them something I couldn't afford to get back; and if I didn't get cash back, or that something I loaned came back damaged, to decide; what was more important; a thing or friendship?

Decide. If friendship is more important, then be silent, forgive her silently for having human faults, keep her as a dear friend and just never loan her anything AGAIN.

If things are more important, then just keep the resentment ball a'rollin'......

My gift to you,
Merry Christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I'm with Marko on this one. I get the whole 'friends are more important than things' fairy tale world that people live. However, by letting it go you are going to be in a more awkward situation later when she asks to borrow something and THEN you have to explain why you won't let her and she is going to look at it as you holding this grudge the entire time over something she deemed not a big deal because you never said anything.

P.S. IMO it is common courtesy to at least make sure something that you borrow is cleaned up before you give it back to someone.
While OTB's advice is a nice thought, I have to agree with ineffable, to an extent. I can speak from experience here. If you say nothing and let it go, something else will happen. You'll let that go, too, because friends are more important. Then something else will happen and you'll let that go. This cycle will continue until you get fed up with the pile of shit you've let build up and then you will blow up.

I think you need to speak your mind, but in a calm manner. If she blows it off and doesn't give a rat's ass, then you have two choices. 1. Be civil for hubby's sake and his friendship, but never let her borrow another thing. 2. Tell her to fuck off and live an uncomfortable life whenever around her since you'll probably see her often. Hopefully she apologizes and you can get on with friendship.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #38
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Let her know you're serious, Jack Handy style...Light a stick of dynamite. Then call her up and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. 'Hear that?' you say. "That's dynamite, baby."
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #39
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
While OTB's advice is a nice thought, I have to agree with ineffable, to an extent. I can speak from experience here. If you say nothing and let it go, something else will happen. You'll let that go, too, because friends are more important. Then something else will happen and you'll let that go. This cycle will continue until you get fed up with the pile of shit you've let build up and then you will blow up.

I think you need to speak your mind, but in a calm manner. If she blows it off and doesn't give a rat's ass, then you have two choices. 1. Be civil for hubby's sake and his friendship, but never let her borrow another thing. 2. Tell her to fuck off and live an uncomfortable life whenever around her since you'll probably see her often. Hopefully she apologizes and you can get on with friendship.

I never said "Do nothing". Forgiveness is an action. It requires thought, and depending on your proclivities, maybe some prayer, too.

Doing nothing, saying nothing while still harboring ill feelings is as toxic as you say, just putting off the inevitable blow up.

Forgiveness is for MY benefit...not the person I've believed has done me wrong......

By the same token, if I have a friend who constantly does things that injure me in some manner, or who is consistently thoughtless, perhaps I need to examine why I'm friends with that person....I am not a saint, and there are toxic people that I don't need to be around.......
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 AM   #40
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
I wouldn't care if she told me ahead of time "Look, I accidentally scratched your bike. I know this bike is important to you so is there anything I can do to fix it?" If anything like that had been said, I would be perfectly fine right now but it wasn't, and I'm not.
I agree, but she didn't so... I'd go with Neebs suggestion to calmly question her about it and hope for an apology.

This is why I never loan anything to anyone. I'm too anal about them doing something to it. I know it is just a thing but I worked damn hard for that thing to have it screwed up by someone else. I'll keep my friendships by not loaning anything. I can protect my friends that way.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote