Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #31
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
If that picture is a good representation you might want to do some manscaping in case you get lucky.
Actualy it's not. They are dressed far better. And lucky has been promised.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #32
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

This is the entire reason I go for trailer-trash...I'm not wearing a tie!!!
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #33
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

*cracks knuckles*

Oh man this one is right up my alley, though a lot of the good advice has already been given.

I have your same problem: 6'2, 215 and in great shape, so its hard to get shirts that will fit in the shoulders and neck, but not be made for fatasses.

While it's a pain, it's worth the coin to buy a custom tailored shirt. You will also need to have your jacket tailored, since anything off the rack that fits in the shoulders is going to be huge through the waist.

Already been said, but the double windsor is your best friend. That skinny tie bullshit will be over in a flash - I say go classic.

If you are going with a print on your shirt, make sure it's a muted print, with a brighter tie - You never want your shirt to overshadow or clash with your tie.

What type of a jacket did you go with? Tall guys will generally benefit from a 2 (3 at the most) button single breasted jacket, and the lapel type is up to you. (Double breasted is nice, but prob more formal than you want to go)

If you decide on a pinstripe, make it subtle - those loud ass bright pinstripe suits are for tools and guidos.

Probably the best advice that I can give you, is to make absolutely sure that your suit fits and fits well. Even the most well put together suit can look like shit if it doesn't fit the wearer properly. Spend the cash (And its usually fairly cheap) to have your suit tailored if necessary.

Good luck man - Smack your girls ass for all of Twfix.

Last edited by Method; 04-24-2009 at 09:24 AM..
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

That's funny I thought about mentioning the belt and thought to myself that I am probably the only fool in the world who didn't know you're supposed to have a belt to go with these things.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #35
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If you like your girl, return your shirt and get a shirt that fits. Go half windsor knot and button the top button.

If you don't like her, fuck it, wear t-shirt and jeans.
F a Half Windsor, Full is where its at.

Or you could go in Style...

Get a 3 button jacket, vertical stripe shirt, and a contrasting tie. Leave the bottom button of the jacket unbuttoned.

Unpleated pants, unless you are a fatass.

You really should have your suit tailored to give a nice fit look. Shit drooping all over the place looks terrible. Also, when you tie your tie, please do it right. The tip of the tie should just touch the top of your belt when standing up straight. Not drape over it and not be all short. Geeze that looks terrible when people can't determine the right length of the tie.

Last edited by Switch; 04-24-2009 at 11:13 AM..
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #36
Method
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Stud View Post

Unpleated pants, unless you are a fatass.
That's right, I forgot about that one. Avoid pleats like the plague.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
That's right, I forgot about that one. Avoid pleats like the plague.
Really? Well, I know some Izods that are on their way back to the store.... I hadn't heard that. Is that kinda recent or have I been missing the boat for years. Every pair of dress pants I own is pleated!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #38
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Really? Well, I know some Izods that are on their way back to the store.... I hadn't heard that. Is that kinda recent or have I been missing the boat for years. Every pair of dress pants I own is pleated!
That seems to have been the trend for a while. Most of my pants are pleated. I prefer it because I think flat front looks kind of plain.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #39
Method
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Non pleated pants have been in style for several years now. Personally I hate the pleats since it corrupts otherwise clean lines.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
That seems to have been the trend for a while. Most of my pants are pleated. I prefer it because I think flat front looks kind of plain.
Yea me too! Besides, I have an embarrassingly large bulge to camouflage in the front of my pants!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote