Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I read that AT&T allows Facetime over 4G but ONLY on the family shared data plan, not on unlimmited. So, the only way to use the data-intensive feature is on a plan where you will pay them after you go over limit.
All the companies got fined by the FCC for it, so they should allow it on the old unlimited plan.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #32
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Looked it up, looks like the FCC is still investigating AT&Ts version of this:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...s-says-report/

Verizon got fined and so they just opened it up completely.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #33
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #34
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Look into that a bit closer. I'm not sure FaceTime is doable without wifi. There were rumors that they were going to enable it over cellular, but I don't think it happened.
I think it might. When I receive a call it gives me 8billion options including the option of using facetime. My fiance looked it up last night and said that it's basically like how mobile to mobile was before the unlimited plans.

I'm running to the Verizon store today to find out more. I'll probably upgrade to the 5 if they have it.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

I went to the store today to change out for the Iphone5. Well they didn't have any Iphone 5s (white or black) in 32gb but had 1 64gb at $200 extra. Or I could give them my phone and wait 2 weeks for a new one. So I'm not going to get the 5 and I'll stick with the 4s. I can't imagine 4gLTE to be that much faster or to the point I care.

Also WTF kind of business model is that? The store is packed full of fuckers and you don't have your hottest selling stupid expensive toys in stock? If I owned that store I'd be bringing those things in by wheelbarrows ready to sell and make some fucking cash and sign some contracts. Infact I think they said I had the very last 32gb black 4s in stock. And if I didn't have it I'd say, "hold on sir, I'll overnight that bitch right now and I'll call you when it comes in tommorow".

Anyways, I'm sure in 2 years when I can do the contract renewell thing they'll have the Iphone 6s on the 10gFAF(Fast As Fuck) network. But for now I keep my $100.

Also used the maps today. Worked great.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I went to the store today to change out for the Iphone5. Well they didn't have any Iphone 5s (white or black) in 32gb but had 1 64gb at $200 extra. Or I could give them my phone and wait 2 weeks for a new one. So I'm not going to get the 5 and I'll stick with the 4s. I can't imagine 4gLTE to be that much faster or to the point I care.

Also WTF kind of business model is that? The store is packed full of fuckers and you don't have your hottest selling stupid expensive toys in stock? If I owned that store I'd be bringing those things in by wheelbarrows ready to sell and make some fucking cash and sign some contracts. Infact I think they said I had the very last 32gb black 4s in stock. And if I didn't have it I'd say, "hold on sir, I'll overnight that bitch right now and I'll call you when it comes in tommorow".

Anyways, I'm sure in 2 years when I can do the contract renewell thing they'll have the Iphone 6s on the 10gFAF(Fast As Fuck) network. But for now I keep my $100.

Also used the maps today. Worked great.
Lte is badass fast, you will wish you did it next year.

They don't have the 5 cause they sellout as fast as they can get them because its the hottest phone on the market, you were lucky to even see a 64gb version in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Lte is badass fast, you will wish you did it next year.

They don't have the 5 cause they sellout as fast as they can get them because its the hottest phone on the market, you were lucky to even see a 64gb version in stock.
Then Apple blows more than I thought. They should build another Chinese factory and spit those damn things out.

I know they make a bagillion dollars already but if they actually produced more they could make 1.5bagillion dollars.

Did a skype test and it worked fine on 3g.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Apple's pricing strategy is bs. Like I'm really going to pay $399 contract for a 64gb, versus $199 for a 16gb. That's $200 for memory that I could buy off Ebay for only $10-20 (assuming that Apple allowed you to add extra memory, of course...But they don't...How convenient for them).

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-17-2012 at 10:00 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Then Apple blows more than I thought. They should build another Chinese factory and spit those damn things out.

I know they make a bagillion dollars already but if they actually produced more they could make 1.5bagillion dollars.

Did a skype test and it worked fine on 3g.
Dude they are working those fuckers hard, they are just selling the 5 like fucking hotcakes.

Lol my iPad tried to auto correct hotcakes to hoecakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #40
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Dude they are working those fuckers hard, they are just selling the 5 like fucking hotcakes.

Lol my iPad tried to auto correct hotcakes to hoecakes.
And if the hotcake maker for Ihop was selling out they'd have another hotcake factory on its way. Ford was selling out of cars like Hotcakes back int he 20s and what did he do? He built more Ford factories and sold more Fords.

Also if they weren't so fucking busy retooling every factory for I'm sure the Iphone 5s that we'll hear about after Christmas and set to come out in probably June, they could make enough 5s.

I forgot about my external memory in my uneducated phone HS. That is some fucking bull. Do the other companies have that capability? I might be willing to go with the Motorola Max but I really want the Iphone becuase it feels like a phone and not a mini-laptop.