I think I will be wearing a tank top today, and shorts

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #32
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I'm originally from new England, so I'm a master at driving on snow and ice, but being in Vegas for seven years I've never seen it actually stick and amount to anything on the ground. The lowest part of the city got an 1-3 inches but it was all gone the next day. There is awesome snow caps surrounding the valley now though.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #33
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
There's ice here this morning. I just took the dog out and nearly busted my ass walking off the porch.
LOL, I was at my friends apartment and I ran outside to my car. Not knowing that the grass embankment that leads to the parking lot was still a sheet of ice as well. Let me tell you I slid all the way down the grass on one foot out of control.... and almost went face first into my friends F150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
Please... the city completely shuts down. People down here don't know how to drive on snow/ice. We do get really nice ice storms around Feb-March though... where everything is covered in a sheet of 1 - 2 inches of ice. That usually stays around for about 2 days. But no 24 car pileups... just 100's of 2-3 car accidents from people sliding all over the road...

I worked as a tow truck driver, a long time ago, for 8 different police departments around Dallas. When it would ice over... I would be out for 36 hours straight, cleaning up accidents.
I destinctly remember a video where 24 cars piled up on a highway, including an ambulance that was coming to help that slid and then flipped.... Not that I laugh at that stuff... but its pretty ironic!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
LOL, I was at my friends apartment and I ran outside to my car. Not knowing that the grass embankment that leads to the parking lot was still a sheet of ice as well. Let me tell you I slid all the way down the grass on one foot out of control.... and almost went face first into my friends F150.

I destinctly remember a video where 24 cars piled up on a highway, including an ambulance that was coming to help that slid and then flipped.... Not that I laugh at that stuff... but its pretty ironic!
Thats no joke. My buddy in college slid down a wet hill and subsequently broke his ankle upon getting to the bottom of the hill.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #35
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Hey Particle, how much did you get? We got about 16 inches overnight and more coming tomorrow and Monday. I got my kids on an early flight today instead of waiting till tomorrow. I didn't want to wait and have them stuck here. They had a good time in the snow before they left, though...hell, so did I! After I dug out the mailbox for the postman and found my car, we went sledding at the neighbor's house...he had a hug ramp in his back yard that went off a small dropoff...at the end, you got buried in dry snow. We had a good last day before they left for Nashville...I'll probably hate this stuff by next week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #36
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
global warming
It's "Climate Change" now not Global Warming.

Dlit. If you want I can mail you a scarf to combat the cold.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #37
snaps
Crazy like a fox...

Moto: 05 R6

we usually have rather mild winters in the northwest. This year we've had 3 storms on top of each other, so while it stops snowing, the ice is forming on the roads for more snow to pile up on, as it hasn't been above freezing for a week. Tonight's supposed to be hurricane-force winds in the foothills of the mountains, and 6-8 inches of snow downtown which is usually warm-ish.

Seattle is basically shut down at the moment. I'm supposed to fly to California tomorrow...I doubt the flights will go out with the high wind...
snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #38
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

I woke up to another blown weather forecast. Our guy was calling for 1-3". What we got is about a dusting if we are lucky. Fuck it...makes my day at work easier.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #39
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Shit Friday I got another 12"

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #40
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

If it's gonna be cold out there might as well be snow....let this shit rip.

Quote: