Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #31
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Real good job. Keep up the good work. The tail section looks GREAT!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #32
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Can't see the fix pix...but shit happens get back on her and keep riding!

And no offense, but how slow were you guys riding that truck needed to pass you?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Hey, fall overs happen - at least it didn't happen in front of 486 people...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #34
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Sorry to hear about your fall but your repairs are looking good
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #35
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

That sucks but it happens. Been there and done that...well not exactly but close and most have.

Cool on your "fixes" and good that you weren't hurt.

It's cool to see members offering ideas/help.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #36
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I'd venture to say something similar has happened to most of us on here. Glad you're ok and the bike doesn't have any major damage.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #37
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
And no offense, but how slow were you guys riding that truck needed to pass you?
I'm not very fast. Plus, my main focus on Saturday was to move around the bike and get my body positioned right so I can be faster in the turns. I was slowing down a lot, getting my body right and the accelerating out of the turns.

And there was a bit more than just that truck going on. When we had stopped at the top of the hill where we usually stop to rest a Porches went speeding past...few minutes later another one...then a Ferrari...then more and more. They all had "Targa Trophy" stickers on them. These guys were basically racing.

Anyway...after we started back down the hill they kept speeding up behind us and passing us. I was paying WAY too much attention to my mirrors and since that truck was back there too I kept double checking to make sure it was not one of the fast cars.

I figured it would be best to pull over so I would not have the truck in my mirrors and that way I would know if someone was back there that it was one of the faster cars. Plus, I had been pulling over periodically to have my husband give me tips on what I can work on.

I get too easily stressed out by the extremely aggressive drivers on that road. I pay too much attention to them. This is something I know I do and something I am for sure working on ignoring more. On The ride up the hill we only past about 3 cars and only got past by 3 bikes. It is not normal for there to be any sort of traffic up there so the aggressive drivers are pretty rare. Mostly just bike ride aggressively there and they are all pretty cool about waiting until you can wave them by.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #38
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
I'm not very fast. Plus, my main focus on Saturday was to move around the bike and get my body positioned right so I can be faster in the turns. I was slowing down a lot, getting my body right and the accelerating out of the turns.

And there was a bit more than just that truck going on. When we had stopped at the top of the hill where we usually stop to rest a Porches went speeding past...few minutes later another one...then a Ferrari...then more and more. They all had "Targa Trophy" stickers on them. These guys were basically racing.

Anyway...after we started back down the hill they kept speeding up behind us and passing us. I was paying WAY too much attention to my mirrors and since that truck was back there too I kept double checking to make sure it was not one of the fast cars.

I figured it would be best to pull over so I would not have the truck in my mirrors and that way I would know if someone was back there that it was one of the faster cars. Plus, I had been pulling over periodically to have my husband give me tips on what I can work on.

I get too easily stressed out by the extremely aggressive drivers on that road. I pay too much attention to them. This is something I know I do and something I am for sure working on ignoring more. On The ride up the hill we only past about 3 cars and only got past by 3 bikes. It is not normal for there to be any sort of traffic up there so the aggressive drivers are pretty rare. Mostly just bike ride aggressively there and they are all pretty cool about waiting until you can wave them by.
Fair enough, glad you weren't hurt.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #39
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
Plus, my main focus on Saturday was to move around the bike and get my body positioned right so I can be faster in the turns. I was slowing down a lot, getting my body right and the accelerating out of the turns.
Well this explains why the truck kept speeding up getting close...probably a couple of guys talking $hit to eachother and trying to get a better look.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #40
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well this explains why the truck kept speeding up getting close...probably a couple of guys talking $hit to eachother and trying to get a better look.

Quote: