Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hmmm...now that's interesting. My phone takes about 5 minutes to start up navigation but after that it works normally...
I have a Nuvi in my car and the phone is substantially faster than the Nuvi.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #32
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Right on. I'm due for an upgrade in December (currently with AT&T) and am wondering if I'm going to go with the 3Gs or possibly get something different.

I use my iPhone so much that the lack of multi-tasking is a real pain. Like when I'm listening to ESPN radio and I want to reply to a text or something.
I think the 4g iPhone will be out this summer so if you go iPhone you might want to wait until then to use your upgrade.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #33
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Got mine last night and love it, still getting use to it but its a lot faster then the pro 2 I had. The one and only complaint I have is that I can't set up yahoo through the email app, but should only be a temp problem cuz google wants u to use a gmail account. The techs said it should be available in a few weeks
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #34
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
I think the 4g iPhone will be out this summer so if you go iPhone you might want to wait until then to use your upgrade.
Just read a report that Apple will have a combination CDMA/GSM iPhone in Q3 2010 that Verizon will sell.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #35
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

the Droid is awesome. The screen is brilliant, and the touch is so responsive i've only used the ful qwerty like twice, even my fat little fingers can navigate well. it is about 20,000,000,000 x better then my POS Glyde. Verizon developers should have been shot after that one.

Oh, mine came fully assembled with a beautiful Trunk to keep my accessories in.

I added the dock station, needed a new alarm clark anyway, wow, it's a neat little gadget, converts the screen to a full multimedia desk clock showing weather and picturs or whatever, has an easy backlight button on the screen so it is nice and soft at night, but turns on during the day.

The multi tasking is great, can talk on the phone, search for directions in google maps all while listening to some tunes if you wish.

The number of apps is less then the iphone, but i don't need 20 different versions of a flame or compass, and ya, i have those silly ones already. It does everything i want so far.

Only complaint so far is on one of the apps, the verison visual voicemail won't work while you are connected to WiFi, you have to turn off Wifi to get voicemail? wtf, i knnow is silly, but annoying.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #36
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
the Droid is awesome. The screen is brilliant, and the touch is so responsive i've only used the ful qwerty like twice, even my fat little fingers can navigate well. it is about 20,000,000,000 x better then my POS Glyde. Verizon developers should have been shot after that one.

Oh, mine came fully assembled with a beautiful Trunk to keep my accessories in.

I added the dock station, needed a new alarm clark anyway, wow, it's a neat little gadget, converts the screen to a full multimedia desk clock showing weather and picturs or whatever, has an easy backlight button on the screen so it is nice and soft at night, but turns on during the day.

The multi tasking is great, can talk on the phone, search for directions in google maps all while listening to some tunes if you wish.

The number of apps is less then the iphone, but i don't need 20 different versions of a flame or compass, and ya, i have those silly ones already. It does everything i want so far.

Only complaint so far is on one of the apps, the verison visual voicemail won't work while you are connected to WiFi, you have to turn off Wifi to get voicemail? wtf, i knnow is silly, but annoying.
i didnt realise anyone else on here was laboring with the glyde tell me did you have the capacitive or reactive screened one? the cap screened version is for the dogs. the reactive is reasonably decent for a device with locked up firmware
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #37
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i didnt realise anyone else on here was laboring with the glyde tell me did you have the capacitive or reactive screened one? the cap screened version is for the dogs. the reactive is reasonably decent for a device with locked up firmware
I had the 1st gen one, it took more then one trip across the room. I don't know how many calls I missed or people I called on accident cause of that phone. Then if it would work, it would lock up and reboot, haha. wow...just wow. The Droid is a fricken breath of fresh air!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
I had the 1st gen one, it took more then one trip across the room. I don't know how many calls I missed or people I called on accident cause of that phone. Then if it would work, it would lock up and reboot, haha. wow...just wow. The Droid is a fricken breath of fresh air!
i hear ya man, i got mine in the first week and have made many many trips to verizon for new firmware/new glydes. last one had the fixed screen and it was a revelation in comparison lol
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Just read a report that Apple will have a combination CDMA/GSM iPhone in Q3 2010 that Verizon will sell.
Android will be released on many other phones by then, I can't wait to see what other people besides motorola do with this OS. I have never been a big fan of motorola products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #40
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Those aren't the droids your looking for
the guy at the verion stores said that to me when i walked in and asked to check out some features on it. i walked right out of the store. nobody outnerds me in public
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote