Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #31
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Exactly...How much did Gore make off of this? Alot...
I overlooked your post earlier and it brings up a very valid point...how can "buying carbon credits" offset the use of any carbon fuel? Carbon credits are not real "things", they are made up so idiots like Gore can use more energy than a small town and claim it's ok because he buys carbon credits to offset it!! I can't believe people actually buy into these ideas!

And Smittie, I figured it out myself long before there was talk radio It must have been 20yrs ago that Atlanta started talking about all the smog in the city in the summer time. It's not there in the winter though, hmmmm. There was a study by a group of scientist that discovered the smog problem wasn't from traffic, it was from turpin fumes released in hot weather by all the pine trees in the area. Guess thats why it wasn't a problem in the winter, huh? Do you know why the Smoky Mountains got their name? They look smoky in the summer, from all the pine trees in hot weather

I'm not saying large metro areas dont suffer from all the traffic in them, they do. But if you shut all the cars down it would clear up in a matter of days, not years. There have also been more health problems since they started using cats on vehicles that no one will admit to. Yes, carbon dioxide wasn't real fun to breath but it really isn't that dangerous, mostly an irritant. However carbon monoxide that is made by converters is poison to humans. But it's ok since it's saving the planet!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .

Last edited by ericr; 11-26-2009 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: kan't tipe
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #32
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

The last 10 years have in fact been cooling
Do you have a link for that?

Generic statements like that aren't very helpful.

WHAT has been cooling? Ocean temps? Land temps? Air temps?

What part of the globe?

And how many years has there been warming, versus the 10 years that have (allegedly) been cooling? Even if the last 10 years have been CONSISTENTLY cooling one after the other (doubt it), does that prove a start of a new long-term trend? No.

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-26-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #33
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

What part of the globe?

And how many years has there been warming, versus the 10 years that have (allegedly) been cooling? Even if the last 10 years have been CONSISTENTLY cooling one after the other (doubt it), does that prove a start of a new long-term trend? No.
Don't have a link, don't even remember exactly where I saw it because it was another report that didn't get much attention. It was the overall global temperature, I think they consider all aspects, I'm not sure of that though.

The last warming cycle stated in the 80's, the last 10 yrs have had a cooler average temp, I'd say that consistant

Didn't say the cooling was a long term trend either, but then the warming hasn't been either. The 70's were the coolest in a hundred years or more if I remember right, and that's why they feared an ice age.There are 10 yr weather cycles and there are 100 yr cycles, 20, 50 etc. A farmers almanac will show that and is also quite accurate on it's yearly predictions. The people that wrote it studied the patterns of history instead of looking for a reason man was effecting the global temps to explain cycles that have been going for hundreds of years. They first published it in 1818 I think, long before modern weather forcasting.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #34
ericr

Homeslice, here's a link for you...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=14504

Quote:
Old 11-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #35
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Global warming is a farce. Anyone with a basic science clue can realize that it is pure hype.

Bravo to the hacker. I hate panic-mongers.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #36
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Homeslice, here's a link for you...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=14504
The website dedicated to 'exposing' the New World Order agenda? Thanks, but that's not a source I'll be paying much attention to.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #37
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
The website dedicated to 'exposing' the New World Order agenda? Thanks, but that's not a source I'll be paying much attention to.
I'll check something credible like Current News or the Huffington Post.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #38
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

What part of the globe?

The fact that these researchers have felt the need to "modify" their own data would indicate the actual data they have generated doesn't show the long-term trend they have been selling either.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The fact that these researchers have felt the need to "modify" their own data would indicate the actual data they have generated doesn't show the long-term trend they have been selling either.
Maybe.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #40
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Because any twit can tell you that the sun eventually burns out...and that a cooling trend, not a warming one is what awaits this planet (and any other fucking one) in the long term.

The warming spikes, just like the hole in the ozone (now fucking gone) are merely transient. All it takes is a few sun flares to skew towards a "warming trend" for the year, but overall to suggest any trend other than cooling is fucking ridiculous.

I'm 48, going on 49 in a few weeks. Anyone my age remember all the textbooks in school spoke of the coming ice age?

Global warming my ass.