Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #31
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I didn't say you were wrong. I know cats like to roam and it's hard to keep them in one area. I know you are a decent person for taking care of the cat as best as you could. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Peace.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #32
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

RIP Mr. Kitty
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I assumed it was an idiot driver because he was almost to the curb. You can tell he was ran over and did not move after wards.

Thanks for turning a morning thread into a, "Hey lets figure out how the OP is wrong." thread just like they always turn out to be when certain people are allowed to open their mouths. I'll make sure the next person that post about their mom dieing to point out how its their fault she's dead.
Hmmmm, that's not it at all. You've posted something on the internet - did you not expect opinion? Hell, I don't even think Tigger meant any disrespect to the old man. I am truly sorry the old man lost his cat to a senseless death. And, trust me, when my mother is run over by a car and left at the curb for wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood and playing in traffic, you are welcome to point out whatever you'd like...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #34
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I agree with Azoom...and I don't think Tigger was being mean, just honest. Honestly you may not wish to hear.

First you are assuming some "idiot driver" ran over the cat, but you have -0- proof.

Second, when an animal gets run over, it more than likely ended up bounching around until it came to rest at the curb.

Third, unless someone purposely was aiming for the cat, it ran out in front of the car and the car could not stop.

Where is that Free Cat sign again?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #35
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Sorry for the loss, man.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #36
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Hmmmm, that's not it at all. You've posted something on the internet - did you not expect opinion? Hell, I don't even think Tigger meant any disrespect to the old man. I am truly sorry the old man lost his cat to a senseless death. And, trust me, when my mother is run over by a car and left at the curb for wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood and playing in traffic, you are welcome to point out whatever you'd like...
Time and place, time and place...

Sheesh, start a new thread about, "Jeez, it drives me crazy when people let their pets run around and get under the wheels of my car." But I'm a bit drunk, so what do I know.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #37
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

As Hokie posted, I lost my really, really cool tabby 'Bud' years ago - run over by a car, also possibly on purpose since he apparently was laying where he was hit & not thrown there, and was well to the right of the lane. Really sucked, especially since it happened at a very lonely time in my life (just moved to a new city, didn't know a soul) & he was my little buddy. BUT, I had to accept personal responsibility since I made the mistake of letting him roam occasionally, in a higher-traffic area than our prior house.

Sorry for the loss of your & your daughter's little friend, Scott.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #38
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
As Hokie posted, I lost my really, really cool tabby 'Bud' years ago - run over by a car, also possibly on purpose since he apparently was laying where he was hit & not thrown there, and was well to the right of the lane. Really sucked, especially since it happened at a very lonely time in my life (just moved to a new city, didn't know a soul) & he was my little buddy. BUT, I had to accept personal responsibility since I made the mistake of letting him roam occasionally, in a higher-traffic area than our prior house.

Sorry for the loss of your & your daughter's little friend, Scott.

The daughter part is just a guilt trip.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Hey, truce, Scott... I knew it wasn't your cat and I knew that it wasn't your daughter's cat. I honestly believe that it was wrong of the son to just leave those cats to fend for themselves. You don't agree, okay that's cool. I am sorry that the animal had to die that way, I really am. Take it easy.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #40
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Well played sir, well played.

I think online 'Tigger' is like me in a more extreme way - comes off as much more of a blunt dick than IRL 'Lon' actually is. (I could be wrong, maybe you're a gaping one & you just hid it well at the rally - hope not though! ) I agree with the basic point (re;pets/owners), there's just better ways to make a point sometimes (if one fails or doesn't give a shit about applying a little tact - which I do myself too often).

Truces when stuff gets blown up & bent out are good things.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote