Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #31
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
You sound like a fanboi dude. "Oh, go ahead and hate on my iphone just cause millions of people like it, but im going to go ahead and like it because its popular." GTFO
I could have written this response verbatim. That's how predictable your type is.

I enjoy playing COD. I also enjoy playing Halo, though not nearly as much. As in, I beat Halo Reach and it's been sitting by my Xbox since. I never touched COD for some time while playing Red Dead Redemption and the zombie pack. And I'll likely pick up L.A. Noire in the near future.

Yet, COD always finds it's way back into the Xbox. And it's been that way for over 2 years. I must be drinking the drink-aid.

I just don't get your type. It's as though you're the opposite of a "fanboi". I just hope when I grow up, I can hate a lot of shit too. It'll likely make me feel better about myself to dislike what everybody else likes. Nothing like thinking you're better than other people for liking something different than you.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #32
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I could have written this response verbatim. That's how predictable your type is.

I enjoy playing COD. I also enjoy playing Halo, though not nearly as much. As in, I beat Halo Reach and it's been sitting by my Xbox since. I never touched COD for some time while playing Red Dead Redemption and the zombie pack. And I'll likely pick up L.A. Noire in the near future.

Yet, COD always finds it's way back into the Xbox. And it's been that way for over 2 years. I must be drinking the drink-aid.

I just don't get your type. It's as though you're the opposite of a "fanboi". I just hope when I grow up, I can hate a lot of shit too. It'll likely make me feel better about myself to dislike what everybody else likes. Nothing like thinking you're better than other people for liking something different than you.
Hipster is the word you want
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #33
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Without Bungie's involvement, I'm pretty skeptical.
This. Without Bungie, im not sure I even care.

Battlefield 3 is where its at.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 06-09-2011 at 10:54 AM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
AquaPython
put it THIS way

definitely looking forward to BF3, as long as they don't make the mistake they made with 2 when they ported over to console. Not in the mood to buy a gaming rig just for this game.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #35
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
definitely looking forward to BF3, as long as they don't make the mistake they made with 2 when they ported over to console. Not in the mood to buy a gaming rig just for this game.
Ill be playing it on PC.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #36
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post

And I could have propted this response too. Its called defending something like a fanboi. I can't say anything bad about it or I get jumped on. It's called opinion fucktard. Do you have one? Yes you do. That last sentance makes me laugh because you're a fucking hypocrite. I don't know what it is about CoD fans but its like fanaticism. I don't see it with other games. And as far as opposite fanboi... yes. I'm not so wrapped up in video games that I hold a grudge. The game that is sitting in my system right now is SBK X. If you come out and say its a shit game because of the known understear problems and not very glossy visuals... Cool. Why would I care what you think?

Now, off of the personal attacks. I would agree that Halo Reach is not very good. Bungie tried way to hard and made too many changes that ended up ruining what they had going for them. I may not like shooters very much, but I am experiencd in them enough to make judgments. I'm sorry, but saying CoD is a quality game because of sales numbers is bullshit. People buy CoD based on the fact that it's CoD. In my opinion (I said "opinion", take it as it is) the lag is as bad if not worse than any other game, the knifing system is terrible, the sniper is not fun to use at all, and the game is filled with more little kids that have no iea what they are doing than any other game (which is really had to say). CoD takes no skill. It's whoever sees the other person first and shoots first, just like with bots. Hardcore is just camping bullshit. Good gametypes like One in the Chamber are ruined by camping as well. Everything is just so spammable, such as balistic knifing, noob tubing, and basically and automatic rifle. They try and add good features, like the theater mode, but ultimately it ends up failing because it doesn't even save half the games you play. If they didn't have two companies that make the series come out with a new game every year, it could be a good series. Infinity Ward ruins the series, if CoD would stick to Treyarch it might be a better series. The campaigns are generally good, but everything is too rushed into production.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Ill be playing it on PC.
Its the only way.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #38
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

CoD takes no skill.

Thats just a load of crap. If CoD took no skill, you wouldnt see the same people on top game after game.

I have MW, MW2, and Black Ops on PC. Im good in all of them, play Blops and MW2 on private servers, and you can definitely tell who is more skilled at the game (im not talking campers). If you dont like it, thats fine, but dont try and pretend that they are not good games. I prefer Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to all of them, but a shooter doesnt break a billion dollars in a month by being a bad game, period.

About 1% of players buy these games for single player, and in that respect, i'd say yes, they arent very good. But the MP is some of the best out there, weather you like to admit it or not.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #39
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

It does take some skill but all these games with "upgrades" do easy it up some. Take away radar, sound enhancements, armor upgrades, etc and then skill is always needed.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #40
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
It does take some skill but all these games with "upgrades" do easy it up some. Take away radar, sound enhancements, armor upgrades, etc and then skill is always needed.
You mean "Hardcore"? There are 4-5 different game styles on top of the types of games themselves.

Hardcore gives you less health, no health regen, no HUD at all.

It is what you make it I guess.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote