Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #31
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Maybe you could buy one, complain about problems with it, get a free replacement, and sell the original? Hmmmmmmmm..........

No one gets anything when they complain about a Ducati. Everyone just nods and smiles, pats him on the head and says "Yep welcome to Ducati"

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #32
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I go through the loss of interest thing every now and then. Friends go down and don't come back, you find yourself with other committments that don't include the bike, you do more commuting then "riding" with it.
Then you get rid of it and call it a day. Next season you can't stop remembering the good times on the bike. time for another.
I agree with everyone above, change it up. Azoom's statement about the new car is also very true. New go fast toys tend to make everything else boring. LOL
A little time in the dirt always seems to bring the joy back to riding. Few rules to deal with. (except laws of physics LOL) No cars, and few people.
Your camping plan sounds fun as hell.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #33
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

I ride the same bike that I rode in 1979. It was fun then and is more fun now. Mostly because I've had lessons. In the last five years I've had two classroom lessons from Lee Parks, and one track lesson.

Two weeks ago I was on my old GS1000 and stopped at a turnoff going up Lookout Mountain. I was about to pull back out when a BMW S1000RR zoomed past. It was the beautiful red, white and blue one. I tried to catch up. Usually I have no problem keeping up with faster bikes. But this rider must have had lessons too. He pre-leaned into a corner, cranked his helmet to look through the corner, and took off.

Now I took a demo on the S1000RR and know how spectacular the brakes and engine are, but for me it was slow getting around corners. I blamed the seating position, with my shoulders over the handlebars, and the too narrow handlebars. Since I was leaning on the handlebars, it was difficult for me to push them left or right.

Anyway, the BMW got stuck behind a car and I caught up, but then he passed the car and I had to ride like a maniac to catch up again. I'm sure the BMW rider enjoyed the ride, but I really enjoyed it. But even when I ride by myself, which is 99% of the time, I still enjoy it. And I hope I do for many more years.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #34
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I know the feeling. The poor Buell has barely been out of the garage in so many months.
I rolled it out, started it, and let it run for a while just so I can remember how it sounds.
(why does the only really decent aftermarket exhaust have to be goddamn $1k.)

I was thinking for a while that I'd finally just trade it in on the Triumph Thruxton, but now I'm thinking I may just sell it and be bikeless for a while. I have some other things that should be taking priority and I don't think a shiny new bike will be the cure for my disinterest (at least not long term).
Once I get that other thing taken care of, I may see about picking up an older bike. Something that I can develop my wrenching skills on... not so inundated with technology...
That's my thought for now. By next year I may be thinking something entirely different.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #35
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

The truth of it? Honestly?

I'm most interested in modding out my new car....putting my time...energy....money...into that project. Sell my M109-R...and put those funds into some goodies for the motor in Z....and get a used dual sport next Spring.

If a season of that type of riding doesn't scratch the itch, I'll go get the Rocket III that I've eyed for a couple of years.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I just dont think its worth it to have a bike anymore. Insurance has gone nowhere but up, and riding season is shorter than a circus midget. This is my first season since 02 without a street bike. When I sold the others, the itch was back within weeks. But since I sold the HD, I haven't even seriously considered a new bike. Bought new golf clubs and did that all summer.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #37
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Every time my bike hits 12-13k, I get bored. Remember, I'm not touring, so that's all canyon, track, and urban traffic miles.

I'm currently bored and haven't ridden it in a while. Know how many miles are on it? 13,100. Anyone wanna buy a 675?

First world problems, I know. Time for a change.

May have a buddy interested. If you want to deal with shipping. PM me what you are looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I was thinking for a while that I'd finally just trade it in on the Triumph Thruxton, but now I'm thinking I may just sell it and be bikeless for a while. I have some other things that should be taking priority and I don't think a shiny new bike will be the cure for my disinterest (at least not long term).
Once I get that other thing taken care of, I may see about picking up an older bike. Something that I can develop my wrenching skills on... not so inundated with technology...
That's my though for now. By next year I may be thinking something entirely different.
Thats good and all until you realize you are wrenching more than riding. Its sucks. Pick carefully.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I just dont think its worth it to have a bike anymore. Insurance has gone nowhere but up, and riding season is shorter than a circus midget. This is my first season since 02 without a street bike. When I sold the others, the itch was back within weeks. But since I sold the HD, I haven't even seriously considered a new bike. Bought new golf clubs and did that all summer.
The HD is the root of your problem. Bored you to death.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #38
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Well, it's salvage title, and I'm asking 4100, so that's basically the story
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #39
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I'm kinda there now. With the move I'm way too far from a decent road for a sport bike. I still LOVE the Buell, and need the ability to get retarded from time to time. Not sure if the Duc is the answer as the closest dealer is the Cities (5-6 hour trip) Thinking the Rocket III may not be bad, more cruiser, but still stupid power (that can wheelie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #40
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

Thats good and all until you realize you are wrenching more than riding. Its sucks. Pick carefully.....
I'm thinking late 70's CB/KZ/XS. All of those are pretty solid and usually only require a little tuning now & then to keep them running like a top.