Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have you seen the Ring?
I own an X-Box 360 and I've seen the Ring. 17 34.69%
I own an X-Box 360 and I've never seen the Ring. 12 24.49%
The cake is a lie. 6 12.24%
Someone's whore of an ex-wife is a dirty dirty skank who likes potatoes. 14 28.57%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #31
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

I got the RROD a couple of months ago. So I called Xbox... got a girl who sounded like she was from India. She pulls up my xbox serial number and tells me that my xbox has already been sent in for repair and I can not send it in again. The only time my xbox has been away from my house is when I brought it home from the store, or moved to a new house... I tell her this and she puts me on hold for what seems like an hour, but probably only amounted to 15 minutes... She tells me, when she gets back on the phone, that she has to do some research in order to process my repair request, this may take up to 7 business days. WHA? OK fine... whatever..I hang up with her and realize I never got her phone number...

She ended up calling me in 2 business days to inform me that everything was fine, and I was given the ok to send in my never-been-serviced xbox 360. She asks me how I would like to ship it, I can either ship it myself and they will email a shipping label to me, or I can wait for them to ship me a box to send my xbox in. I opt to send it myself, and she gets started on the email containing the shipping label. After 10 minutes of giving her information and 10 more minutes of spelling my last name, (I guess 5 letters is way too many) she informs me that I can call back with any questions, but the problem is she doesn't check her voice mail but every other day... WTF? ok.. no problem. How long is my xbox going to be out of my possession? She tells me, "It could be up to 3 weeks." 3 WEEKS? WHAT THE HELL? At least they gave me a month free to make up for it...
A day goes by, and I get pretty excited that I get to ship my xbox off and get repaired. Check my email, and there is no once foreign now common name (Susan) attached to @microsoft.com or xbox.com... so no shipping label. So... I email her stating this fact and giving her my correct email address.

2 more days go by and I finally get a return call, but I was unable to answer. Susan leaves me a message telling me that she is sending me a box. This will take 3 to 5 business days to arrive. WTF? I have already been at this now for almost a week... So I email her back (I still don't have a phone number for her) and let her know that I don't want to wait for a shipping box, just go ahead and send me the shipping label via email.

I get a return phone call again, 2 days later. It was Susan again. She said she could not cancel the shipping of the box because it was already processed... great..

3 days later I get the box. Follow the instructions, take the face plate off, remove the games and hdd...blah blah blah...send it in.

The next day another white box in the mail... another MS box for my xbox... (yah... she never sent me a shipping label, she sent a box... stupid bitch...) This box's shipping label is different than the 1st one I received. This one is to a repair center about 250 miles closer to my house. I mean, I could drive there in less than an hour, which is pretty close in Dallas. Oh well...

2 days later I get a phone call from the xbox repair saying my xbox has been repaired and is being shipped back to me!

It took the repair service 2 days to fix and return my xbox, but a week to get the shipping box. At least I got a month of Live out of it.

Last edited by Lucky3623; 01-21-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #32
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Mine has died twice now. I don't know anyone that hasn't had theirs fail at least once.

Newer models have a new lower power chipset that doesn't get as hot. They are less prone to failure.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #33
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i have seen a cinnamon ring which eventually caused it to burn when i pee. id that what you mean?

bad poll, it should have had :
i have seen it 1x
i have seen it 2x
i have seen it 3x
i have seen it 4x
i have seen it more than 4x
Old 01-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #34
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Mine has died twice now. I don't know anyone that hasn't had theirs fail at least once.

Newer models have a new lower power chipset that doesn't get as hot. They are less prone to failure.
Well now you know someone...

And if it does Red Ring on me I'm buying a new one while i send this one in to Xbox. But So far mine has been a champ...But the Arcade is only 200 Dollars...How much cheaper do you need??? Slap your HD in from the old unit and BOOM...you have your xbox back.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

On my first one. It's over 3 years old. Never had a single problem with it.

Btw, you're supposed to shut them off occasionally. If you're playing them 8 or 9 hours a day, no wonder they break.

Cue the, "It was broken before I even turned it on crowd."...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #36
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
On my first one. ..........(bought mine when Halo3 came out) Never had a single problem with it.

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #37
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Bought mine for GoW..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #38
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Bought mine for Chromehounds, believe it or not. I played the ever living shit out of that game.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
BS My buddies Elite Red Ringed.

Mine however has been golden...SO fuck you all
I have seen 5 elites RR and one of them the guy only had for a week.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #40
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Bought mine for GoW..
Thats the main reason why people put up with this garbage. The 360 has so many quality games its hard to get off the crack