Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #31
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

Well i just went to change my oil and filter since i needed to anyway, there was absolutely no oil that drained out, but a few dribbles, since all of it leaked onto the ground. and there was some where the oil filter is.

the rubber where the trottle is all torn apart and it seemed like my exhaust loose where the slip on meets is jarred loose.

i was squidding it out in the lot and it just runs like crap now, and took me quite a while to get it started, maybe the carbs are all flooded? Ooh that was too weird riding sans helmet and a fleece!

Now i'm pissed off all over again.

No, it's probably not the carbs that are giving you problems.

More than likely you had some oil get past the valves when the bike was laying on the ground. Pull your plugs, cycle the motor a few times, clean or replace the plugs- you should be ok.

JC

ETA: When I say "cycle the motor" I mean hit the starter button and blow the oil out of the combustion chamber, (a little WD will help to facilitate this process). You might want to have a friend hold a rag over the spark plug hole to keep from blowing crap all over the place. Conversely, you could have the ho that knocked your bike over, put her eye up to the hole, and tell you when the oil stops coming out.

Last edited by askmrjesus; 01-25-2009 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: Something about a ho and a hole.
askmrjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #32
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post

More than likely you had some oil get past the valves when the bike was laying on the ground. Pull your plugs, cycle the motor a few times, clean or replace the plugs- you should be ok.

JC

ETA: When I say "cycle the motor" I mean hit the starter button and blow the oil out of the combustion chamber, (a little WD will help to facilitate this process). You might want to have friend hold a rag over the spark plug hole to keep from blowing crap all over the place. Conversely, you could have the ho that knocked your bike over, put her eye up to the hole, and tell you when the oil stops coming out.
I like the 2nd option.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
i went to look at a town house yesterday for 119k, with a garage and a little fenced in couryard, (8ft ceilings, blech) and there are houses going for 150k, 1550 sq ft appr with 9 ft ceilings. everytime i check, monthly it seems to be dropping just a bit each time, 5k here, 10k there, so i am just waiting. I hear since the housing industry is so bad here, they might try to drop the rates to 4%.
Be leary of condos... or any place with an HOA... I'm hearing from people around here that with the high rate of foreclosed places within the complexes, HOA's are having trouble paying bills... Therefore, they start gouging those left in the complex to cover costs. I rent a condo and know that in the year I've lived here, the HOA fees have gone up almost $100/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
For all we know you could be a talking pug.... like Frank from MIB!

Frank FTMFW.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #34
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

I'm glad I live in the country....

So..........did ya pour Koolaid on her windows or what? (yeah, try getting THAT off!...sticky as hell, especialy if you make it thick...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #35
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post

JC

ETA: When I say "cycle the motor" I mean hit the starter button and blow the oil out of the combustion chamber, (a little WD will help to facilitate this process). You might want to have a friend hold a rag over the spark plug hole to keep from blowing crap all over the place. Conversely, you could have the ho that knocked your bike over, put her eye up to the hole, and tell you when the oil stops coming out.
mr jesus, i took the cap off on my spark plug and no oil was on it, are you saying it can get in from the bottom up? It'll be a good idea anyway to go get a new shiny plug anyway.

And where exactly am i spraying wd40 in the carb, do i take it off and spray it in the chamber?

I'm just happy i got through the oil and oil filter change, i've been putting that off since i have to throw my whole body weight to get some of the nuts and bolts loose. i had my non rider friend loosen those for me today. it was a lot easier than i thought. i'm a bit mechanically challenged

Side note, if i filled it a bit more than i needed to over the fill line, would i be ok or should i drain some of it out again so oil levels are btwn the 2 lines?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #36
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

you gonna do that for Ka?? that'd be so awesome!

btw, i think you should kick some punk ass.
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
you gonna do that for Ka?? that'd be so awesome!

btw, i think you should kick some punk ass.
LOL, you are too cute, i was kidding!

I would totally love that, but i think i'm too old and not limber enough for cirque They are all ex gymnasts, pro athletes and such. Maybe crazy horse may have an opening though
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #38
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Sorry about your luck. Along with what was said above about the plugs, also check your air filter to make sure it is ok. (ok= not oil soaked)

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #39
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
mr jesus, i took the cap off on my spark plug and no oil was on it, are you saying it can get in from the bottom up? It'll be a good idea anyway to go get a new shiny plug anyway.

And where exactly am i spraying wd40 in the carb, do i take it off and spray it in the chamber?

I'm just happy i got through the oil and oil filter change, i've been putting that off since i have to throw my whole body weight to get some of the nuts and bolts loose. i had my non rider friend loosen those for me today. it was a lot easier than i thought. i'm a bit mechanically challenged

Side note, if i filled it a bit more than i needed to over the fill line, would i be ok or should i drain some of it out again so oil levels are btwn the 2 lines?
Damn sorry to hear about that Gina!

What AMJ meant, remove the spark plugs from the head, not just the boot. They may be fouled now too so you might want to replace them but it shouldn't be necessary.

While the plugs are out, bump the starter over a few times to blow any oil out of the combustions chamber. Hold a rag over the spark plug holes to keep oil from blowing everywhere. The WD-40 can be sprayed into teh spark plug hole and turn the engine over a couple more times but not too much. Then button everything back up.

Hope you get some $$$ out of that chick or take it out on her ass! (don't go to jail over it )

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #40
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
If there's oil in the combustion chamber, you have to take the spark plug OUT, not take the cap off, (well, actually you have to do both).

Yes, you can get oil from the bottom to the top. It pours in through the crankcase breather hose when the bike is laying sideways. That hose leads to your airbox, which leads to the combustion chamber via the intake valves. This might not be the case with your bike. The oil might just have made it to the airbox and clogged up your air filter, so check that too.

Quote:
You would spray the WD40 down the spark plug hole, if you find oil on the plug.

Quote:
Too much oil could result in the same problem, by means of what is called "high compression blowby". The presence of too much oil increases the crankcase pressure, and forces oil past the rings, but I doubt that's your problem at the moment. Still, I would drain some out, and get it back to the level it's supposed to be. A big syringe with a piece of hose on the end works well for this.

JC